Grundy Walmart

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The new manager for over there use to work in the Bluefield one. He's a cool guy.

Who did they end up getting to do that had not heard anything I had heard a few from the pounding mill one were going to head down that way.

Bout time they get this thing done. They broke ground on it when i was a freshman in highschool, i was even in the JROTC group that was there, and this was in 2000 lol. Took way too long.

they have been trying to 4 lane from one end of town to the other since before I could drive, and i'm 40 now...so, this has been short in Grundy time lol.

Here is a pic for those out of town...took it today while i was over there.

IMG_5162.jpg

The main building and surrounding smaller stores look pretty good, ive actually like seeing it get bigger each time i go by, but if wal mart is going to open in a few months, where is all the wal mart sign crap on the building?

The main building and surrounding smaller stores look pretty good, ive actually like seeing it get bigger each time i go by, but if wal mart is going to open in a few months, where is all the wal mart sign crap on the building?

I think that is the last thing they put up...signs get broken easy.

easy way to tell Walmart is really going in, Food City is hurrying to fix that old pile of crap by the Jr High...lol.

Holy crap, that's one fancy looking Walmart! A lot better looking than the one in Bristol.

that is how they have been doing them it seems the newer walmarts are much fancier and nicer than the ones of just a few years ago.and a lot of the newer ones do not have tile in them just concrete floors and in some places in clothing have the wood laminate flooring.

that is how they have been doing them it seems the newer walmarts are much fancier and nicer than the ones of just a few years ago.and a lot of the newer ones do not have tile in them just concrete floors and in some places in clothing have the wood laminate flooring.

http://raisinggrundy.com/

if you want to see the inside, check here.

Not necessarily. Just means that there's nothing there that it can kill. :(

there are a few small business locations around here and there...Magic Mart and Peebles will be the ones that suffer most, and of course Food City.

there are a few small business locations around here and there...Magic Mart and Peebles will be the ones that suffer most, and of course Food City.

Food City is the only one in Bluefield that Super Wal-Mart didn't kill. Family Dollar Food came in after that, but it takes so little of the market share that it's negligible. I think Food City will be fine.

Magic Mart and Peebles will surely take a hit. Both companies are good financially, and they have a little recognition in the community. Do keep us informed on how bad those two suffer.

Food City is the only one in Bluefield that Super Wal-Mart didn't kill. Family Dollar Food came in after that, but it takes so little of the market share that it's negligible. I think Food City will be fine.

Magic Mart and Peebles will surely take a hit. Both companies are good financially, and they have a little recognition in the community. Do keep us informed on how bad those two suffer.

dont think Food City wont take a hit in Grundy...small blip on the radar in the big picture for them, but as far as that particular store goes, they will take a hit. People in Grundy have only had Food City for years...and they have not always been treated well, i think given any other choice they will go some place else to shop.