Smith out at Tazewell?

Lance

Coach Briscoe (Marion) was rumored to be going to Tazewell. He has head coaching experience, if he's already going there, could be there on short notice. Not 100 percent sure he's going to Tazewell, though, just a rumor I had heard..

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Be A Great Head Coach For The Dogs And Would Be A Great Hire In My Opinion I Would Just Hate To See The Blues Lose A Coach Like Him To The Dogs LOL.

Why Do You Capitalize Every Word Of Every Sentence?

u talk alotta shit on here. tazewell will be fine and whoever they get will be good enough to beat the G-men this year. mark my words everyone.

Words are marked.....will get back with ya after the 2nd week of the season....

u talk alotta shit on here. tazewell will be fine and whoever they get will be good enough to beat the G-men this year. mark my words everyone.

not talking crap just replying to those little puppies that are jealous of the ghs hire and that tazewell will be lucky to get someone as good that will stay more than a year or two. look at the past ghs 3 coaches in 30 plus years and tazewell how many in that same time frame. says something about the job at tazewell. 16 people apply for the ghs job lets see how many apply for the taz position. seems like you puppies are hoping this coach does not stay at ghs.

I love it when somebody says "mark my words"....usually comes back to bite them...

does it not always seem to happen. especially when accusing someone of talking crap when only trying to reply to post in a nice way. i realize that tazewell has alway disliked ghs and been jealous of ghs when carlock was alive. but why hope that a coach leaves after a year or two. guess it is because that is what happens at tazewell and is what they have grown to expect from the football program.

does it not always seem to happen. especially when accusing someone of talking crap when only trying to reply to post in a nice way. i realize that tazewell has alway disliked ghs and been jealous of ghs when carlock was alive. but why hope that a coach leaves after a year or two. guess it is because that is what happens at tazewell and is what they have grown to expect from the football program.

Yeah, don't understand why anybody would hope for a good coach to leave....Heck Graham and Tazewell are not even in the same district anymore. If anything, you'd think you'd like for your out of district competition to be strong and competitive and make you a better team....

I was thinking about Graham's out of conference schedule....I think it's good to keep the rivalry with Bluefield and County rivalries Tazewell and Richlands....not so sure about keeping Marion and Princeton on the schedule...

I think Graham would do good to pick up Giles (huge following and big gate even when they travel) and maybe somebody like Radford or George Wythe, although single A teams...very competitive year in and year out....that would be a great schedule.

and yes, I know I'm way off topic....

back to topic.....I hope Tazewell gets a good coach and is competitive again, be good for the whole county, if all 3 county teams are solid. We may see them in single A in a couple of years anyway from some of the talk going around...

Edited by futbolking

Yeah, don't understand why anybody would hope for a good coach to leave....Heck Graham and Tazewell are not even in the same district anymore. If anything, you'd think you'd like for your out of district competition to be strong and competitive and make you a better team....

I was thinking about Graham's out of conference schedule....I think it's good to keep the rivalry with Bluefield and County rivalries Tazewell and Richlands....not so sure about keeping Marion and Princeton on the schedule...

I think Graham would do good to pick up Giles (huge following and big gate even when they travel) and maybe somebody like Radford or George Wythe, although single A teams...very competitive year in and year out....that would be a great schedule.

back to topic.....I hope Tazewell gets a good coach and is competitive again, be good for the whole county, if all 3 county teams are solid. We may see them in single A in a couple of years anyway from some of the talk going around...

i remember when ghs played radford giles and other teams years ago. great games with big following. i understand tazewell wants to beat ghs just like we want to beat them but i think it boils down to the fact that over the past 30 plus years ghs has had 3 coaches with the new one in that total. tazewell has not had a lot of consistancy in the coaching area. and they look at ghs and say wish we could have that also here in tazewell and i for one hope that they really get a good coach and he will stay for many years. do i feel that whoever they get will stay for a long time. no, not until the atmosphere in tazewell changes with parents getting to involved in the program. the parents need to take that energy and channel it into a fantastic boosters club. like again ghs had during the carlock era they helped the program grow and prosper.

would love to see them pick up gate city again talk about a good game wow.

So let me get this straight, you guys were worse than us last year. We return basically everything, and you will have a new coach at the very last minute.And you will beat us the second game of the year? Come on...... Everytime you get a decent coach you run him off. Here is a list of coaches at Tazewell since 1967.....

Dave Rider 67-75

Jerry Perry 76-77

Buddy Young 78-79

Nick Colobro 80-82

Mickey Lusk 83-84

David Litz 85-96

Harris Hart 97-03

Bobby Wyatt 04-09

Terry Smith 2010

So that is two hall of famers, the only coach to ever win the state at Tazewell, and probably the best coach of all of them in Lusk who went to Georgia. Wyatt and Hart weren't bad coaches either. Why won't coaches stay there? Someone answer this for me?

well you had a good coach in Wyatt and ran him off, so that's what you get i guess...careful what you wish.

Lance, you have been living under a damn rock in Grundy if you think that Bobby Wyatt was a good coach.

Lance, you have been living under a damn rock in Grundy if you think that Bobby Wyatt was a good coach.

Well, I guess that is two of us cause I think he is a good coach too. The only coach to win a region 4 title at Tazewell in the last 20 years.

I call it like i see it, you don't have to agree with it....most of the time my opinion is not very popular around here.

The Man Within A Hair Of Sending The Blues Home In The Playoffs Just A Couple Years Ago I Can Count On One Hand The Amount Of Coaches That Have Done That In The Last 5 Years.

Have to agree with Lance on the fact that Wyatt was a good coach. You can agree or disagree, but when Wyatt was allowed full reign of the team, IMO he proved his coaching ability. He put good talent on the field no matter their social status, and had a very good team. The problem in T-town is the parents, not the coaches.

wyatt did a good job at poca with what he had and did a good job at taz. you guys just do not give any coach a chance. you run them off after a few years even when they win. dont know what you expect from a coach,? a state title every year.until you keep a coach more than a year or two dont expect tazewell to be good like rhs has been and ghs was until coach passed away.

just to add...I played for Wyatt back in the day and I know first hand what kind of coach he is. I have played for some I thought were good, and some I didn't care for...Wyatt is one I would play for again in a heartbeat if given the chance. So, not just talking out my ear hole on this one.

just to add...I played for Wyatt back in the day and I know first hand what kind of coach he is. I have played for some I thought were good, and some I didn't care for...Wyatt is one I would play for again in a heartbeat if given the chance. So, not just talking out my ear hole on this one.

even someone who has been under a rock his entire life knows that wyatt is a good coach. he did good with what he had to work with at poca and tazewell but again taz does not it seems like want a winning coach for football. so why not take marrs he would be a good fit in that sense.

You guys can pump rainbows into his ass all you want. There is no way that you can say that he did good at Pocahontas. In 19 years, he won one district championship. The year Tazewell won the region was Wyatt's first year. That was not his team that was Harris Hart's team. Secondly, the year that Tazewell lost 28-27 to Richlands, that team was carried by a great group of assistant coaches and a great group of seniors, especially Matt Muncy and T.J. Rasnick. Also, in that game, we had much better talent than Richlands, but still could not get the job done. That sounds like a coach's problem.

You guys can pump rainbows into his ass all you want. There is no way that you can say that he did good at Pocahontas. In 19 years, he won one district championship. The year Tazewell won the region was Wyatt's first year. That was not his team that was Harris Hart's team. Secondly, the year that Tazewell lost 28-27 to Richlands, that team was carried by a great group of assistant coaches and a great group of seniors, especially Matt Muncy and T.J. Rasnick. Also, in that game, we had much better talent than Richlands, but still could not get the job done. That sounds like a coach's problem.

Is it my imagination or did Wyatt like to switch QBs a lot? It seems like there were several times, both at Pocy and Tazewell, he had a returning QB going into the season only to move him to another position--or he'd just change it up mid-year.