Smith out at Tazewell?

Lance

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys keep throwing out these "facts" that you "know", but your point of views are from the outside looking in.

no one has said anything was "fact"...just talking about what we have heard...rumors...take it for what it is until you hear something from the school board.

You guys keep throwing out these "facts" that you "know", but your point of views are from the outside looking in.

everyone even you are on the outside looking in only people know is school board and princpal at ths. it is called opinion this board is for people to express their opinions on things in swva football. if you dont like it you could take a hike.

That's what we do on these message boards.....where did anybody use the term "facts" or "know".....quit spoiling the fun!!! And don't take my ball that I threw in your yard....

That's what we do on these message boards.....where did anybody use the term "facts" or "know".....quit spoiling the fun!!! And don't take my ball that I threw in your yard....

dont think he will give it back he is like the ones from abingdon

I'm getting old...i was thinking Luke was in the early 90's...I should know these things lol.

Yes...and was it that team that played Salem in the playoffs at Tazewell and lost in OT.....If so, I was there, Grundy was the better team...had some bad luck with a fumble either going for two or driving to tie in OT....can't exactly remember, I'm sure somebody will remember how it went down....

I do remember feeling positive that Grundy was going to win that game...but luck wasn't on their side that day.

Yes...and was it that team that played Salem in the playoffs at Tazewell and lost in OT.....If so, I was there, Grundy was the better team...had some bad luck with a fumble either going for two or driving to tie in OT....can't exactly remember, I'm sure somebody will remember how it went down....

I do remember feeling positive that Grundy was going to win that game...but luck wasn't on their side that day.

yeah...I was at there as well...that was the game played in a downpour...probably grundy's best legit shot at winning state was with that team.

yeah...I was at there as well...that was the game played in a downpour...probably grundy's best legit shot at winning state was with that team.

I remember attending that game as well with my father after a wet trip into the woods hunting that morning!

I am the one that wrote about Tom Keene, and if you go back and read that post you will see that I said it was word of mouth, and I specifically stated that it could be just a rumor from some T-town fans. No one has said anything about it being a fact, and I am glad that we have this message board to be able to give our "outside looking in" opinion.

Please take note that I also said I would pull for the Bulldog players against their opponets, (except when they play the Blues). This would not have been the case in years past when I pulled for 2 teams, The Blues and who ever was playing the Bulldogs.

not talking crap just replying to those little puppies that are jealous of the ghs hire and that tazewell will be lucky to get someone as good that will stay more than a year or two. look at the past ghs 3 coaches in 30 plus years and tazewell how many in that same time frame. says something about the job at tazewell. 16 people apply for the ghs job lets see how many apply for the taz position. seems like you puppies are hoping this coach does not stay at ghs.

If Tazewell hires the man who I am hearing alot about u will be jealous because he would be a better hire than Graham. Both teams will have new guys and both were young last year. Should make for a good one. Im not on here to talk crap.. Just dont appreciate people putting down my alma mater

besides those already mentioned...I have heard the names Bradley, Vaught, Sizemore, Litz, and some dude from Greeneville TN mentioned? not sure who that is...

Interesting. At first, I thought "huh? Why??"

Then I got it... stepping-stone.

After helping win a TN title, he'd rebuild Tazewell and get run-off in a few years, about the same time his alma mater will need a new coach.

I like, I like.

If Tazewell hires the man who I am hearing alot about u will be jealous because he would be a better hire than Graham. Both teams will have new guys and both were young last year. Should make for a good one. Im not on here to talk crap.. Just dont appreciate people putting down my alma mater

That's mighty big talk, sailor. I cannot imagine a better hire than what Graham got. IMO, of course.

besides those already mentioned...I have heard the names Bradley, Vaught, Sizemore, Litz, and some dude from Greeneville TN mentioned? not sure who that is...

Im Hearing That None Other Than Vaught Is Going To Be The Guy For The Bulldogs.

what you fail to realize is i have no reason to be jealous of anyone tazewell hires because with their record he may last only a year or two. and i hope that they get someone good who the people of tazewell will leave alone and let him coach the team. but with their history i doubt they would leave anyone alone. even if lombardi from green bay came back to life to coach at tazewell they would find a reason to run even him off.as for putting your team down you give people plenty of reason to give you grief with your comment here.

Im Hearing That None Other Than Vaught Is Going To Be The Guy For The Bulldogs.

Do you really think the school board would bring him back after all that happened before?

If nothing else it would generate a lot of publicity...what kind is a different story LOL.

My thoughts exactly..

Do you really think the school board would bring him back after all that happened before?

If nothing else it would generate a lot of publicity...what kind is a different story LOL.

i agree...but, i heard he was mentioned.

I graduated RHS in 72 and have only missed a handfull of games during all these years and I can tell you from past experience, Dennis Vaught was a good coach, even with his faults.

In reality, he was the one that taught the Blues that they could play with anyone, and we all know about his downfall, but during his time at the helm, he generated a football frenzie like we had not seen before. He caused the other end of the state to take notice that hard nose football is alive and well in southwest Va, and of course he made some enemies along the way.

He is a program rebuilder, and would be a good hire, BUT like previously stated, I doubt if the school board will bring him back into the county. I hope if he doesn't get the position, it will be someone who can generate that same type of football fever that Vaught did in Richlands.

That would be a good thing for all the SWD.

Don't forget who was the Principal that took a fall over the entire cleat incident. Do you think she has forgotten and would recommend him?

I graduated RHS in 72 and have only missed a handfull of games during all these years and I can tell you from past experience, Dennis Vaught was a good coach, even with his faults.

In reality, he was the one that taught the Blues that they could play with anyone, and we all know about his downfall, but during his time at the helm, he generated a football frenzie like we had not seen before. He caused the other end of the state to take notice that hard nose football is alive and well in southwest Va, and of course he made some enemies along the way.

He is a program rebuilder, and would be a good hire, BUT like previously stated, I doubt if the school board will bring him back into the county. I hope if he doesn't get the position, it will be someone who can generate that same type of football fever that Vaught did in Richlands.

That would be a good thing for all the SWD.

What is Vaught doing now? The last I heard he worked at the prison and before that he was selling cars (or vice-versa).