Good Luck Tazewell on a new coach...

tjhokies

I hope the Bulldogs hire someone who can rebuild the program. It would be great for all of Tazewell County if the Bulldogs had the same type success as the Blues. Imagine Richlands and Tazewell, both being 9-0 and playing for the district title and top seed in the Playoffs on the last regular season game every year.

Due to the short notice of Smith resigning why doesn't Tazewell just hire one of the finalists for Graham's opening. They have already gone through the interview process. If they were good enough to be a finalist for Graham they are definitely good enough for Tazewell. Two of the finalists are local and have Tazewell ties. Just an idea!!

Due to the short notice of Smith resigning why doesn't Tazewell just hire one of the finalists for Graham's opening. They have already gone through the interview process. If they were good enough to be a finalist for Graham they are definitely good enough for Tazewell. Two of the finalists are local and have Tazewell ties. Just an idea!!

Probably because the Tazewell "fans" couldn't stand to have Graham's "second choice" and maybe because Graham's "second choice" may not want to coach at Tazewell.

With their reputation with running off coach after coach, would you really want that job????

Some of the finalists were only interested in the Graham job, a few might be interested.

I agree that some will be interested, but the THS folks deserve a separate search process. Those who are interested can apply with just a phone call.

what was there...5 finalist? one being Wyatt...that leaves only 3...of the 3 left you can figure 1 probably wont want to be at Tazewell...so you probably have 2 left to pick from...plus there is probably some sort of board rule, official or unofficial, that says the position has to be posted and interviewed for...so...seriously doubt they will hire one of the other finalists...not to say that some of those guys wouldn't re-apply for Tazzy slot though.

Plus...heard a rumor about a darkhorse....you might have someone come out of the woodworks that is interested in the Tazzy job who wasn't in the Graham job....big name in this area, might stir up a fuss...have to wait and see how it plays out.

what was there...5 finalist? one being Wyatt...that leaves only 3...of the 3 left you can figure 1 probably wont want to be at Tazewell...so you probably have 2 left to pick from...plus there is probably some sort of board rule, official or unofficial, that says the position has to be posted and interviewed for...so...seriously doubt they will hire one of the other finalists...not to say that some of those guys wouldn't re-apply for Tazzy slot though.

Plus...heard a rumor about a darkhorse....you might have someone come out of the woodworks that is interested in the Tazzy job who wasn't in the Graham job....big name in this area, might stir up a fuss...have to wait and see how it plays out.

You're right, they have to hold separate interviews for this job.

what do u mean by if they were good enough to be a finalist then they are def good enough for Tazewell. your making it sound like Graham is this big great place and that Tazewell would like what Graham wouldnt. Thats total BS. maybe saying that a coach VT didnt hire would be good E&H. but tazewell and graham arent a big difference. in the past 3 yrs the series is 2-2. so that sounds even, doesnt it? jus dont put Tazewell down so quick. no matter who they get, theyll shock people.

Litz?

what do u mean by if they were good enough to be a finalist then they are def good enough for Tazewell. your making it sound like Graham is this big great place and that Tazewell would like what Graham wouldnt. Thats total BS. maybe saying that a coach VT didnt hire would be good E&H. but tazewell and graham arent a big difference. in the past 3 yrs the series is 2-2. so that sounds even, doesnt it? jus dont put Tazewell down so quick. no matter who they get, theyll shock people.

yea and in the past 3 years ghs has been so far down that even pocahontas or bland could beat them. look at the overall record back to 74 and see who holds the most wins. sounds like a little jealousy towards ghs getting a good coach and taz. not having someone. we at ghs have gone thru the worst years at ghs with marrs and are now looking forward. and yes i think taz. could do good getting one of the coaches that did not get the ghs job. but then again who is to say that any of them would want this job where the parents tell the coach how to run his program into the ground. maybe the jv coach at taz will get the job. or the middle school coach.but if you like we can send you marrs for your coach.

Graham and Tazewell aren't a big difference? Go back and look at the record in the series in the last 20 years. It's a huge difference. Hate to say this, but you guys don't shock anyone because its the same thing as usual. You guys might have the only program worse than ours.

You guys are sitting here saying that we said we were better than Graham, I have read this all these post in this topic twice now and haven't seen one Bulldog say anything to that matter... It has been other schools saying it....Tazewell has had it rough years so has Graham, Richlands will go through them soon, you can only stay on top for so long, if ya don't believe that than ask Graham.... Hope the new coach for GHS works out for you guys, if not then you will be taking beatings in A like you did in AA.....

Why the hell didn't Tazewell get Dave Rider when him and Wyatt were competing for the job? Nobody here can say that Wyatt is half the coach Dave Rider is.

That isn't the case. Bill Dudley got the Tazewell job and never coached a day there. It was re-advertised and Bobby Wyatt got it. Besides at the time Dave Rider would have been about 70 years old. That would probably be why.

Why the hell didn't Tazewell get Dave Rider when him and Wyatt were competing for the job? Nobody here can say that Wyatt is half the coach Dave Rider is.

Wyatt is a great coach...has done more with less than most could do.

I don't see anyone doing well at Tazewell anytime soon with the politics that go on there...unless that changes you will be getting new coaches every 2 to 3 years because no one is going to put up with that drama.

Wyatt is a great coach...has done more with less than most could do.

I don't see anyone doing well at Tazewell anytime soon with the politics that go on there...unless that changes you will be getting new coaches every 2 to 3 years because no one is going to put up with that drama.

The politics are at every school....

The politics are at every school....

True, but, obviously, they are worse at Tazewell than at "every school".

yeah, but "every" other school doesn't push it to the point where you get a new coach every couple of years...you know what i'm talking about i'm sure...you know what goes on.

yeah, but "every" other school doesn't push it to the point where you get a new coach every couple of years...you know what i'm talking about i'm sure...you know what goes on.

just look at rhs and ghs in past years and how many coaches the two schools have had. at ghs it took almost 7 years for them to realize that marrs was not taking the program the direction everyone wanted. with carlock he had bad years but many more good years but ghs stood by him because he was a winner. at rhs mance is a winner. but at tazewell when they get a winning coach they cannot stand it. and next thing you know he is gone. maybe they really dont want a winning football program because it would take away from the baseball team which in many years has been very good. ( just my opinion.)

just look at rhs and ghs in past years and how many coaches the two schools have had. at ghs it took almost 7 years for them to realize that marrs was not taking the program the direction everyone wanted. with carlock he had bad years but many more good years but ghs stood by him because he was a winner. at rhs mance is a winner. but at tazewell when they get a winning coach they cannot stand it. and next thing you know he is gone. maybe they really dont want a winning football program because it would take away from the baseball team which in many years has been very good. ( just my opinion.)

I don't see that as the problem. In most of our small schools, a good football program breeds better athletes for other sports such as baseball. I don't think it has anything to do with Tazewell not wanting to win, that's just silly. I think Tazewell's problems lie outside the scope of wins and losses and is a more inter-political thing that doesn't hinge on success but more of who's who and who takes credit for what.