SWVA Football Map

hogo_sportz

Got bored. Made a map of Southwest Virginia Football circa 2010. Once the new Wise Co helmets come out, I'll make a 2011 version.

And since I have some historical helmets, I might make one for 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000 based on the schools that existed. Depends on how bored I get this summer.

http://hogoheegee.com/images/gallery/swva%20football%20map.png

Its massive and takes a bit to load.

Got bored. Made a map of Southwest Virginia Football circa 2010. Once the new Wise Co helmets come out, I'll make a 2011 version.

And since I have some historical helmets, I might make one for 1970, 1980, 1990, and 2000 based on the schools that existed. Depends on how bored I get this summer.

Great map! Thanks!!

Who are the Comets all to their selves on the South Central map? Talk about traveling problems. lol

Halifax County and they're AAA. So that makes it worse, really.

Edited by hogo_sportz

Can't speak for Eastside and Union,but Central's finished helmet is the same as my avatar

Don't have a picture but I'll try to describe...

A light orange for the helmet

white facemask

William & Mary "tribe" logo in white

two white stripes and a UNC blue stripe spaced out like Graham's

Hope this helps

Edited by SW_VA_boy

Don't have a picture but I'll try to describe...

A light orange for the helmet

white facemask

William & Mary "tribe" logo in white

two white stripes and a UNC blue stripe spaced out like Graham's

Hope this helps

I think it just might. Thank you!

I'm not positive, but from some marginal quality mid-90s video I've seen, I thought the Shawsville helmet was red and not orange. It does appear on the orangey side of the red spectrum from what I can tell.

I suppose it is also possible the color changed from mid-90s to 2000 as well.

I think it just might. Thank you!

His description is right. I can recall seeing them many years ago. The orange was the color of Bowling Green's helmets. Just a shade lighter than UTEP/Clemson's

Can't speak for Eastside and Union,but Central's finished helmet is the same as my avatar

from what one of my co-workers at McDonalds was telling me is that Union is gonna look like the Chicago bears helmets, but the logo is more of Miami Hurricanes big letter U.

Who are the schools around Salem? The ones I know is salem, Patrick Henrey, and Cave Spring.

Lord Botetourt, William Fleming,William Byrd,Cave Spring,Northside,Hidden Valley

Guest Highlanders

Halifax County plays in the Western Valley District with Franklin Co, GW Danville, Patrick Henry (Roanoke City) & William Fleming (Roanoke City). The only times that Halifax played a SWVA school was when Pulaski County was AAA eleven years ago. Pulaski played

Halifax in both regular season and playoff.