Honaker @ Clintwood (Benefit Game)

BLEACHER COACH

Not 100% yet but I may check this one out.

Clintwood looks to be very good this season as does Honaker. The first couple of years this was a good matchup then Clintwood dominated for a few years, this year it should be a very good game.

Good measuring stick for both teams

If both Teams play there starters for the entire game I would have to go with Clintwood, they have a lot of speed and with it being played in Clintwood there should be a large crowd. In last years contest Clintwood pulled there first team out to let second and third team kids play most of the second half and were defeated, some would say it's just a preseason benefit Game but the way last years Game ended the Wave should be very motivated for this opportunity.

I go Clintwood all the way on this one...I think they will have a very good year. Not sure what all Honaker has back, I know they have some big shoes to fill on the O-Line.

as far as starters go that is.

Looks to be a good game(on paper), any thoughts and/or predictions?

Going to have to go with the Wave here ...played at Clintwood ...I'm saying 35 -20--in favor of Clintwood....Should be a great game!

Going to have to go with the Wave here ...played at Clintwood ...I'm saying 35 -20--in favor of Clintwood....Should be a great game!

Even if Clintwood did lose a lot of SR they still had some big boys and some tuff boys! So I am saying Clintwood! But no matter what happens this isnt a real test to how the teams play. Or atleast that is what I saw last year!

Even if Clintwood did lose a lot of SR they still had some big boys and some tuff boys! So I am saying Clintwood! But no matter what happens this isnt a real test to how the teams play. Or atleast that is what I saw last year!

Saw a pic of Clintwoods Oline/TE in the paper today, not that big but looked solid. That being said their Left Tackle is a BIG BOY. Clintwood does alot of pulling and traping, the Oline looks to be exactly what you would want when running that type of Offense

In response to pioneer23fan, its really not a good judge of what the teams will have but it is a slug fest of I formation, run based teams. Good football

Edited by redtiger

I go Clintwood all the way on this one...I think they will have a very good year. Not sure what all Honaker has back, I know they have some big shoes to fill on the O-Line.

as far as starters go that is.

Honaker has got six back on defence 5 on offence.qb,tb,fb

Some of you also rans claim to never have had a player who transferred from a rival program. BULL. Several years ago Graham had several kids from Bluefield. We called them the Graham Beavers.I guess it is ok if and when they come to your school-but who would want to. Only losers.

Some of you also rans claim to never have had a player who transferred from a rival program. BULL. Several years ago Graham had several kids from Bluefield. We called them the Graham Beavers.I guess it is ok if and when they come to your school-but who would want to. Only losers.

I must have missed something in this thread, what does transfers, bluefiled, and graham have to do with honaker and clintwoods game.

Saw a pic of Clintwoods Oline/TE in the paper today, not that big but looked solid. That being said their Left Tackle is a BIG BOY. Clintwood does alot of pulling and traping, the Oline looks to be exactly what you would want when running that type of Offense

In response to pioneer23fan, its really not a good judge of what the teams will have but it is a slug fest of I formation, run based teams. Good football

IDK the Right Tackel is 6' 7" 300+lbs He kind of makes everyone else look smaller

IMHO CWood will play there starters the 1st half and reserves the 2nd Not sure yu can relably pick a winner in that situation

honaker lost some pretty beefy players up front but has had several spent a good bit of summer in the weight room.i know its just a scrimmage but winning this game would be a good boost facing the opening game with the pioneers at L-TOWN.i guess keeping check on the score at the time clintwood pulls their starters would give u an idea of how the game would go if u were playing for keeps

I cant think of his name but he is more of passer than a athlete

Dylan Dahley ..and he is a great passer and is a good athlete ...ask Ji.Burton ..when Dylan took a botched PAT and ran it in for a 2 pt conversion at UVA Wise regional championship game. Dylan is a great baseball player too. Dylan is just a jr.. but he did well last year filling in for Trey Meade when Trey was injured.:)

Wasnt trying to knock him, hes just a far better passer than Clintwood usually has and hes not the athlete that T. Meade was

IMHO While Daily is not going to be the fastist guy on the field every game like Meade was he still has great speed so the option is still in play

Could this be the most varied Greenwave Offense ever?

Top notch FB, solid TB, good recievers, solid Oline and a QB that can do it all.

How much will Mullins open it up?

Dahley is an athletic QB, as where Meade was an Athlete playing QB IMO

Edited by redtiger

honaker lost some pretty beefy players up front but has had several spent a good bit of summer in the weight room.i know its just a scrimmage but winning this game would be a good boost facing the opening game with the pioneers at L-TOWN.i guess keeping check on the score at the time clintwood pulls their starters would give u an idea of how the game would go if u were playing for keeps

How is the O-Line stackin up this year for the Tigers with what they lost? I know HHS has a decent QB and a good TB returning! I just was wondering with the talk of a good passer at CWOOD, how is the pass defense? Honaker struggles a bit with that regularly it seems!

I honestly seen both Dylan and Trey play basketball this year. I know that Trey can outrun him in a foot race but i think in teh categories of acceleration and lateral speed Dylan may be a half step or step faster. Trey had the top end speed where Dahley's is loaded in the front end and side to side movement.