Bowling, 2011-2012

Stunk it up with a 521 Monday night...had a decent first game then it turned to crap...

Jersey strike??? Must be a PA thing...we call'em Brooklyn strikes...

PA has its own language, and I can't catch myself all the time. We use Jersey and Brooklyn interchangeably. But really, what's the difference between north Jersey and Brooklyn anyway, haha.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing extraordinary last night. 575 series, 202-182-191. Only threw 2 opens, too, which means that I wasn't striking that much. One missed 10-pin. The other open was something that should've been physically impossible. I'm a righty, so my ball's going to move right-to-left shooting at a 4-7. I chopped the 4 off the 7. How the Hell does that happen? Cost me 11 pins.

Regardless, we won all 4 games. Through 6 weeks, we're 20-4. NEVER had a team start off that hot out of the gate. We're already 4 games up on second, and neither me nor my teammate are bowling what we booked last season. Looking bright...

Been in the process of changing jobs and havent had the chance to bowl this year until wed. nite. First game was terrible, i put up a 148. The second game something started to click and had the first seven but knew it was only a matter of time on the left lane before it went a little too high, end up with a 277 after spare in 8th and leaving two on the last ball of 10th. Last game just couldnt strike and kept spareing for a 200. Not bad for my first nite back though with a 623 just hope i can keep it up

Been in the process of changing jobs and havent had the chance to bowl this year until wed. nite. First game was terrible, i put up a 148. The second game something started to click and had the first seven but knew it was only a matter of time on the left lane before it went a little too high, end up with a 277 after spare in 8th and leaving two on the last ball of 10th. Last game just couldnt strike and kept spareing for a 200. Not bad for my first nite back though with a 623 just hope i can keep it up

Very nice 2nd game, and good series overall, especially given the 1st game.

183-200-191 - 574

Not great but good enough to win all 8 points for the first time this year. Missed several corner pins and couldn't string more than two strikes in a row...

Hey UVAO...almost the exact same scores as what you had the other night...LOL...

183-200-191 - 574

Not great but good enough to win all 8 points for the first time this year. Missed several corner pins and couldn't string more than two strikes in a row...

Hey UVAO...almost the exact same scores as what you had the other night...LOL...

LOL, I noticed that, too. Flip Game #1 and Game #2 and you'd be awfully close.

As I said in the other thread, I bowled crappily tonight. Threw SIX splits. Lanes seemed to be oiled with Crisco, couldn't get the ball the break right to left, so I was forced to go very much straight in, hence the splits. Other team had a lefty, and the lanes were bone dry on the left. So we couldn't get our balls to break, he couldn't keep his on his side of the pocket. Still went 3-1 to move to 23-5, and would've been 4-0 if I could throw 1 clutch strike. Just 2 games up on 2nd now, but we're 6 up on 3rd, who we bowl next week...

And MV, how's your season going?

Edited by UVAObserver

213-189-193 - 595

Opened in the 5th frame of the first game (missed 7-pin).

Opened in 5th (missed 10-pin) and 7th (4-6-7) in the second game.

Opened in 2nd (4-6) and 10th (missed 10-pin) of the last game.

213-189-193 - 595

Opened in the 5th frame of the first game (missed 7-pin).

Opened in 5th (missed 10-pin) and 7th (4-6-7) in the second game.

Opened in 2nd (4-6) and 10th (missed 10-pin) of the last game.

Solid, consistent set. Hoping to have one myself when I get back from SWVA later this week. Will miss tonight's league for something much more important. :)

Possibly #2, which would allow me to do #3. We'll know Friday.

Ah. Hope you get it man!!!!

I suppose thats a little more important than a Richlands game......I kid, I kid. Good luck man. Hope it works out for ya.

Emotionally, I needed a good series tonight. I got one.

214-204-249 for a 667 series. We won all 4, again, but did it against a team we've never swept before. 27-5 through the first quarter, which is 5 games up on 2nd place in a 4-game-per-week format. Just got to keep it going for 8 more weeks, and we'll win the 1st half and assure ourselves of bowling for a title in May.

If I hadn't rolled four 7-pins (3/4) and two 10-pins (1/2), the score would've been considerably higher. The lanes were oiled lightly enough for me to come more outside-in, but were oiled heavily enough to hold the line if tugged the ball a little bit. The result? My first ball that carried less than 9 was in the 3rd frame of the 3rd game (a 3-10 baby split, which I hit). One open in game 1, one open in game 2, but that was it. Started out with the front six in game three, and tugged the ball Brooklyn in the 7th. Mildly disappointing, but I X-/-X/ to shoot the 249.

That should raise my average out of the 180s, thank goodness. My teammate didn't do so well tonight (540s), but it feels good to bail him out for a change than to have him bail me out consistently.

Going to North Carolina next weekend, so I prebowled for Friday night's league just now.

Let's just say, we're not going 31-5. 151-171-204, 526 series. Terrible spare shooting + ringing 10 after ringing 10 = awful scores. We have an outside chance to win Game #2 (369 team total), and will probably win Game #3 (406 team total). 2-2 is about the height of what we'll do, though. At least we have some breathing room.

nice series with the 667, its nights like those that keep me going back every week. Its also nights like the next series u had that makes me think i should just stay home and save my money lol.. Still not bad though just one game that brought the set down from the way it looked. Good Luck the rest of the half

And MV, how's your season going?

Thanks for asking. My season started out great with a 184 avg. Been downhill ever since. I am at a 161 avg after 9 weeks. I have been throwing the ball well the last few weeks but just having trouble with spare conversion right now. I have missed a lot of easy spares lately. Doesnt help when alot of those spare attempts are splits. I had (2) 8 10 splits on back to back shots in the same game.

Where I bowl is good for those "hit em thin and watch em spin" shots. If I hit light, I leave the 4 5 7 split alot. So i just keep slamming the pocket and hoping for the best

Last night, something in my elbow popped in the 4th frame of the first game, then nothing but pain from elbow to wrist with tingling hand/fingers all night...and that was the good part...

181-170-167 - 518

Very few strikes and too many opens...

Last night, something in my elbow popped in the 4th frame of the first game, then nothing but pain from elbow to wrist with tingling hand/fingers all night...and that was the good part...

181-170-167 - 518

Shew!! If you are having pain at all in your bolwing arm, it is really tough to bowl well!!

For me though, i would have been happy with a 518!! LOL

181-170-167 - 518

We're bowling too similarly this year.