Bowling, 2011-2012

I don't know what it is about Fireside, but the last two times I've bowled there, I've bowled so much better than what I normally do at Mountaineer. Threw the 5 games with Ryan, and I had more fun than I have in quite some time. Threw 7 splits in the last 2 games, so those scores were low. I hit 9 strikes in a row bridging the 1st and 2nd games. Threw a 225 and 223. And did it hooking the ball. Actually hooking. I was tickled.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what it is about Fireside, but the last two times I've bowled there, I've bowled so much better than what I normally do at Mountaineer. Threw the 5 games with Ryan, and I had more fun than I have in quite some time. Threw 7 splits in the last 2 games, so those scores were low. I hit 9 strikes in a row bridging the 1st and 2nd games. Threw a 225 and 223. And did it hooking the ball. Actually hooking. I was tickled.

Easier shot...

Bowled 3 games today. 129-177-149 for a 455. Easily my best night at a bowling center. The 177 was my high game ever. The 455 is my best series of 3 ever as well. In the 5 weeks I've started bowling regularly, I've noticed vast improvements. Gonna get an actual ball soon

Bowled 3 games today. 129-177-149 for a 455. Easily my best night at a bowling center. The 177 was my high game ever. The 455 is my best series of 3 ever as well. In the 5 weeks I've started bowling regularly, I've noticed vast improvements. Gonna get an actual ball soon

Please consult UVAO or me before you buy so we may help you with your buying decision...good advice never hurts...

Please consult UVAO or me before you buy so we may help you with your buying decision...good advice never hurts...

We've talked a little bit about it. I've seen him throw balls of different weights, and he looked more comfortable and at ease with a 14-pound ball. Timing was definitely an issue with lighter and heavier weights. For a first ball, I think that weight would be appropriate.

His stroke is pleasantly consistent for someone who hasn't bowled regularly, and that stroke is a down-and-in sort of stroke. For his preferred line, he needs something that's going to give him about 10-12 inches of break in the backend. Not a whole lot, but enough to where he would need a core that can finish without deflecting so much.

Given where he'd be bowling most of the time, I think a weaker cover would be appropriate. I know from throwing mine there that the aggressive cover just reacts too violently. I've sent him a few suggestions for balls that are (1) not expensive, but (2) respectable quality and (3) will give him pretty good bang for his buck at 14 pounds.

Storm Tropical Heat...comes out in 4 weeks...should be able to get one for less than $125 drilled. It has the Reactor Hybrid reactive cover...strong enough to give good reaction on medium/light oil...and medium RG turbine core...will give decent length and good down-lane reaction.

http://www.stormbowling.com/products/balls/tropicalheatblackpurple