Bowling, 2011-2012

Nice shooting...smoked my ginormous 513 (123-184-206).

The left lane in the first game was "split city"...split on my one practice frame on that lane, then go 4-6 in the 2nd, 4-5-7 in the 4th, 4-6-7 in the 6th, 1-2-10 in the 8th (not a split but close enough), and finished with 4-6-7-10 in the 10th. Right lane: chopped 3-6 in the 1st, then X-X in 3rd & 5th, / in 7th, and X in 9th.

Crazy things happen at Mountaineer Lanes sometimes...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a week off...

162-217-189 - 568

Very "average" night...missed a couple of corner pins in the first game, started with the first five in the second game (followed by a 4-6-7 in the 6th), and couldn't string anything in the third game...typical Mountaineer Monday night...

I don't bowl, but heads will roll. GMan, this is all you...

Wslx1.jpg

That ball looks like how I felt after bowling last night...the lanes/pins won...

200-113-167 - 480 SWEET!!!!

I had SEVEN splits in 10 frames in the 2nd game...two strikes and an open (only covered 6 pins after taking out the 6-9-10 on the first ball) on the other three frames.

After having lost 30 pounds over the last three months, I'm going to have to get my finger/thumb holes plugged and redrilled as my fingers/thumb have "shrunk" and I can no longer hold onto the ball as I need to...

That ball looks like how I felt after bowling last night...the lanes/pins won...

200-113-167 - 480 SWEET!!!!

I had SEVEN splits in 10 frames in the 2nd game...two strikes and an open (only covered 6 pins after taking out the 6-9-10 on the first ball) on the other three frames.

After having lost 30 pounds over the last three months, I'm going to have to get my finger/thumb holes plugged and redrilled as my fingers/thumb have "shrunk" and I can no longer hold onto the ball as I need to...

I saw the "13" on the end of your score after the 2nd game, and just assumed it was 413. :(

Mine wasn't that much better. 175-167-188 for a Five Turdy.

I started off /-X-X, and the next strike I threw was in the 4th frame...of GAME TWO. In each of the 3 games, I was on a 190+ pace in the 5th frame, without ending up that way. Four splits, a bunch of whiffs, and one particularly upsetting frame where I whiffed a shot on the 5-pin by pushing it hard after someone screamed JUST as I was at the bottom of my swing.

Went bowling last Friday night for the first time in over a year. Bowled a 97 and a 186. My problem is I'm a straight line bowler. Where I destroyed my wrist, I can't spin the ball. And because my thumb is so large, I have to use a 16 lb ball. I wish I was better though.

Went bowling last Friday night for the first time in over a year. Bowled a 97 and a 186. My problem is I'm a straight line bowler. Where I destroyed my wrist, I can't spin the ball. And because my thumb is so large, I have to use a 16 lb ball. I wish I was better though.

You're not supposed to "spin" the ball...unless your Asian.

You roll the ball and put revolutions on it by keeping your fingers below the equator of the ball and "rip it" through the stroke, thus creating the revs.

Difficult to do without having a ball drilled to fit your hand. Even more difficult to do with a polyester (plastic) ball you find on the rack at most bowling centers...unless the lanes are extremely dry, then you can even "hook" a plastic ball.

You're not supposed to "spin" the ball...unless your Asian.

You roll the ball and put revolutions on it by keeping your fingers below the equator of the ball and "rip it" through the stroke, thus creating the revs.

Difficult to do without having a ball drilled to fit your hand. Even more difficult to do with a polyester (plastic) ball you find on the rack at most bowling centers...unless the lanes are extremely dry, then you can even "hook" a plastic ball.

The only thing I understood of that was Asain. Lmao.

Bowled two games with my little brother last night. Found a 14 lb house ball that my thumb wouldn't get stuck in. First game was a 117. Second was an 89. Second game I started using an 8 lb ball and not putting any fingers in the holes and two-handed bowling, similar to Belmonte. It was more of a way to keep my score down so my brother could keep it close. Lots of fun.

Bowled two games with my little brother last night. Found a 14 lb house ball that my thumb wouldn't get stuck in. First game was a 117. Second was an 89. Second game I started using an 8 lb ball and not putting any fingers in the holes and two-handed bowling, similar to Belmonte. It was more of a way to keep my score down so my brother could keep it close. Lots of fun.

This is irrelevant to your post but it's towards your sig... Can you please remove the picture in your signature, since it takes up a lot of space???

Why not? I don't think nobody should have any images in their signatures AT ALL.

I don't seeal a problem with it. Mine isn't even close to being the longest. And it's there to give everyone a chance to be themselves and not look like every other poster on here.

I don't seeal a problem with it. Mine isn't even close to being the longest. And it's there to give everyone a chance to be themselves and not look like every other poster on here.

Who's the longest then? In recent weeks, it's been mainly you. Btw, the highlighted sentence, that's what avatars are for.....

Who's the longest then? In recent weeks, it's been mainly you. Btw, the highlighted sentence, that's what avatars are for.....

GMans is longer than mine. So in your opinion, what is a sig for then? ?

GMans is longer than mine. So in your opinion, what is a sig for then? ?

GMan's is longer than yours? Hmph. Maybe I should get onto him for having a long signature as well, but we all know how that's gonna turn out.... Signatures, IMO, are for quotes... NOT pictures especially of a fake event that only kiddies watch....

GMan's is longer than yours? Hmph. Maybe I should get onto him for having a long signature as well, but we all know how that's gonna turn out.... Signatures, IMO, are for quotes... NOT pictures especially of a fake event that only kiddies watch....

Why are you trying to pick a fight? With a mod, no less. A: wrestling is pre-determined, not fake. Being thrown off a ladder through a table 20 feet below you, is real. Yes, they aren't trying to kill each other. They do try to protect one another from serious injury, but to say it's fake is crazy. I've been a ring. I've taken minor bumps. And they hurt. Even simple moves hurt. And B: more than 70% of a given audience is over the age of 16. Far from "only kiddies watch". I don't know very many "kiddies" that watch, but I know plenty of guys and girls in their 20s that watch.

Why are you trying to pick a fight? With a mod, no less. A: wrestling is pre-determined, not fake. Being thrown off a ladder through a table 20 feet below you, is real. Yes, they aren't trying to kill each other. They do try to protect one another from serious injury, but to say it's fake is crazy. I've been a ring. I've taken minor bumps. And they hurt. Even simple moves hurt. And B: more than 70% of a given audience is over the age of 16. Far from "only kiddies watch". I don't know very many "kiddies" that watch, but I know plenty of guys and girls in their 20s that watch.

I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm just jerking your chain.... I don't care really whether you have those long signatures or not, I was just messing with you. Go on, have fun being yourself watching WWE and such.

Bowled ten games tonight ... Five with UVAO, and five with my step brother, for a total of 208 rolls and a combined 2,884 lbs thrown. My arm and hand is so tired. Very pleased with my results though. Seemed the more tired I got, the slower I rolled, which made my scores go up. Lowest game was a 112, high was 154. I'm excited to get my own ball and really start to practice. Seems bowling may be my new stress reliever.