Hurley Rebels !!

Rebels#1Fan

i'd expect Hurley to give them a pretty good beating...I'll go with 57-14

Word is Ervinton lost there starting center and no one on the team other than him has snaped a ball all year so that cant be good

Word is Ervinton lost there starting center and no one on the team other than him has snaped a ball all year so that cant be good

i figure Tester will let up at about 57 points and they might score 2 TDs on Hurley's JV in the second half...ugly game.

Grundy and Haysi should be a good game. Haysi replaces 4 Offensive linemen, a Fullback and a Tailback so the passing game will be our bread and butter along w/ QB runs. Haysi will probably run ALOT of shotgun but thats been the story since 06.

What kind of offenses have Grundy and TV ran so far? Im assuming Grundy has mixed it up and TV is in some sort of Wing-T look?

Grundy and Haysi should be a good game. Haysi replaces 4 Offensive linemen, a Fullback and a Tailback so the passing game will be our bread and butter along w/ QB runs. Haysi will probably run ALOT of shotgun but thats been the story since 06.

What kind of offenses have Grundy and TV ran so far? Im assuming Grundy has mixed it up and TV is in some sort of Wing-T look?

Grundy hasn't changed much...just made a simpler version of the old play book and got rid of some crazy stuff.

As far as the TV game, thats a real game situation...will be the first look at what they are really going to do...the scrimmage stuff is hard to really tell much about. Hurley looks good, but I'm not just ready to say "they will beat Grundy"...I'd like to see what Grundy actually has to offer and see how the DB's and Line play before I make up my mind on that one.

I don't know about that? See how Grundy does with TV and we will know more.

Now Lance you know Berglowe is gonna be ready to run wild on the Waves!!! I believe this is the year that Hurley will take down the Golden Waves.

Now Lance you know Berglowe is gonna be ready to run wild on the Waves!!! I believe this is the year that Hurley will take down the Golden Waves.

Of course I was hearing the same talk last season and the Wave smacked them around preatty bad so I will have to see it

Hurley has the Backs to be good but graduation took alot from them. How will that patchwork offensive line(new starters and new positions) protect Cooper and open holes for Berglowe? On the same note how will the defense play(alot of those graduated players played both ways)

Hurley has the Backs to be great but line play will be a huge part of this season.

Hurley puts the whoopin on Ervinton.... I just hope Ervinton can stay healthy til they play my panthers......

I'm not saying that TV WILL be Grundy, but it's the first year that it's believable to say they CAN.... When the game got out of hand last year @ Grundy TV drove down and scored on Grundy's 2nd squad which is this years first.... And it took some Sr. Prom moves from John Kelly on a couple of 4th downs last year to get away from Moore and Fletcher at DE

If they can't throw it up to Dylan O and TV gets the ball and drives it and plays keep away it'll be on like Donkey Kong....

Personally I'll take Ray Jones as a 28 + point swing for the Panthers that'd be - 21 that Grundy won't score and TV getting those extra possessions will = +7 for the Panthers.......

I'll take the Panthers to get the Golden Wave in a dog fight nail biter, and we'll need to come up with some names for the dessert they'll name in honor of Coach Crigger down at the Derby....

Maybe wrong but I think Garden/Twin Valley has only beaten Grundy 5 times in about Mid 50 attempts all 5 were Garden over Grundy TV never has......

Its good to hear all of this BDD talk! When its just Haysi/Honaker each year its kinda boring except fot 1 week of the year.

As far as Twin Valley goes, I think their fans should maybe keep things in perspective a little, 3-4 wins for TV is a monumental move in the right direction and a very successful season. Dont get these boys too hyped up because they may be in for a letdown. Kinda reminds me of some Hurley people on here in 05 talking about how the Rebels were gonna win the BDD, they ended up w/ two 40+ point beatings from Haysi and Honaker.

Still tho, gald to see all of this excitement for the BDD

Edited by redtiger

i'll go ahead and tell you right now don't worry about twin valley's line
well i sure hope that wasnt the starters in during the fist half last friday cause twin springs wasnt haveing much trouble pushing them around......i hope im wrong and twin valley can beat grundy that would make my day....:D

not matter how grundy does against twin valley they will lose to hurley...grundy and haysi will be one heck of a game

..... everyone said the miami heat would win the finals,the 07 patriots would win the superbowl,and Micheal Jackson would make a comeback,how many came true?

I seriously think TV does have a slight chance against Haysi and Grundy but I also think that Honaker and Hurley arent out of reach of Haysi and Grundy. There may be an upset or two this season in the BDD and I dont know if any team will go undefeated in district play

Of course I was hearing the same talk last season and the Wave smacked them around preatty bad so I will have to see it

I've seen Hurley play twice and Grundy play twice...Hurley looked better the first time I saw them and Grundy looked better the second time i saw them.

Grundy is a young team and I saw a lot of improvement in just a week...I also saw leadership from a couple of the SR's while i was down there on the sidelines...which was a welcome surprise...I see the older kids telling the young kids things they noticed and the young kids adjusting...even little things, like I heard Ben Rife (SR) telling a 10th grader to make sure he kept his mouthpiece in after they break the huddle...you know, small things but its good to see some leadership...I haven't seen many attitudes and it looks like they are starting to come together as a team....faster than I expected to be honest. I think when some people left and others said they were not going to play this year...then everyone came together right before two a days started, it made them a pretty tight bunch....like I said, in just a week I could see a big difference.

The key for Hurley is Waynick...he is 6 foot 7 or whatever and very athletic...I'm more than sure that Tester knows exactly how to use him, Cooper, and Berglowe together correctly...if you move people up to stop Berglowe then Cooper will just throw it up to Waynick...and there will not be many jump balls that kid won't come down with....so that threat will open up the run...and Berglowe is more than capable of taking over a game if given the chance...he could very well have a bigger year this year than last just based on the threat that Waynick will bring...you will have to put 2 people on Waynick or there will be trouble...thats going to free up space somewhere else for Berglowe or whoever gets the ball. It's only going to take someone getting burnt by Waynick a couple of times and people will figure this out, if they don't already know it...and it will happen.

Grundy's offense looks to be productive, even with a young and somewhat smaller line in place this year...they do have more speed this year than they have had since 2004...what I don't know yet myself is exactly how good the DB's are? I have not seen them tested yet and I'm guessing that TV will be looking to throw the ball more this year as they have the QB back that I thought looked pretty good last year...so...they are for sure a better team this year and I think the Grundy vs. TV game will be a good one....I think Grundy "should" win this game by 14...but you never know...i've heard Crigger might have more than a couple of tricks up his sleeve this year and have the support of an old friend who is one of the best defensive minds in the game around here...if so, then that will only benefit TV.

Grundy and Hurley will be a great game...it will be interesting to see how it plays out and perhaps how injuries come in to play...if I were Hurley, I'd be getting a knee brace on the center though...he had a big injury last year and should have had surgery to fix it and didn't...when you do that you just heal with scar tissue and thats only going to hold up until you get stacked up in a pile and someone rolls over on your leg...then you are out for the season...which, I don't want to see happen...and maybe it wont...but it's a huge risk that doesn't need to be taken...slap a mechanical brace on that kid and reduce the risk. I've already told him 15 times myself and it scares me every play I see him out there without one...just word of advice to the wise.