Grundy game tonight

short

Lance, everyone on here talks good about their team no matter who they play you talked how grundy would win last week and got beat down and hurley fans have done nothing but the same this week and so have you. My point is no matter who you play you will talk up your team as much as possible and that gets elevated in rivalries. So you talk smack, ill talk smack and so will everyone else its a message board what are we expecting if not that.

But thats beside the point, I think this will be a close one and i personally believe that the rebels are a better team, but the wave still have a mental advantage just due to the fact that there was hype last year about a close one and the rebels where beat down on there home turf. But I do believe the wave lost too much talent from lasts year team to win unless the rebels have a lot of turnovers. Cooper will be the key because as much as most grundy fans dislike the coopers, right now the football program dislikes bergelowe more. So I expect the box to be stacked and they will force the rebels to throw the ball, and I notice everyone talking about waynick being a threat but i think one of hurleys favorite targets in this game will be the gibson kid dont remember the number but oquin is on waynick which is a good matchup but that puts a weak defender on gibson and watching this kid i think the rebels should have high expectations for him.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a big difference in talking about how you think your team is just as big or just as fast or predicting a score...thats forum talk and that's what most people do and noone cares because that's what it's for...but Hurley started talking about "raiding Huddle House" and "renting the Pizza Hut" that's not football forum smack talk, that's SHIT talk.

Sure seems like with all that community support for that great football team they are fielding this year that the town and people of Hurley wouldn't want their boys bringing their money over to Grundy after the games and spending it in Pizza Hut and Huddle House, surely the famous "REBEL DINER" would stay open late for your boys little celebration parties after home games?

You know Hurley has played football for 60 years with their first season being in 1951. Unfortunately Hurley has been on the short end of the stick in this rivalry. The Rebels won in 1953, 1986, and in 1992. Besides those three seasons Grundy has won every other matchup between the two schools. However I truly believe this is the year that Hurley defeats the Wave. I believe when you look at the two teams on paper Hurley is just the better team. I however am not saying this to be, as Lance put it early, talking SH!T. I am just stating my opinion on the matchup. So to all you Grundy fans you can take that ever how you want to, but it's just my opinion.
You are wrong....Grundy beat Hurley 32-6 in 1992. that was the year hurley won district. last time hurley won was in 1991.....21-6.....

If I were to tell you that any team loses it's head Coach of 27 years. It's D cord, it's O cord of about roughly 20 and some change. Graduates 12 Seniors who had the best recent era year for that team in a long time. AND they lose over 1k of rushing yards to the team that they play next week. That has all their skill players back and 3 solid coaches..... Tester, Davis, and Church.... and alot of those kids have a bad taste in their mouth from getting blown out at home last year. That's motivation enough

I think the Hurley fans did over do it last year, but this is their cycle of athletes coming through they've paid their dues with some rough years so I say let them enjoy the success and state trips etc.

Just hope that woman doesn't have her Megaphone if it doesn't go Grundy's way.....

How many Hurley athletes have jumped ship to Grundy over the years? And 2 people go from Grundy to Hurley and the world's coming to an end?

I'm not talking crap, but Grundy's in a rebuilding year I think it's safe to say that .500 would be a good year.

There's a big difference in talking about how you think your team is just as big or just as fast or predicting a score...thats forum talk and that's what most people do and noone cares because that's what it's for...but Hurley started talking about "raiding Huddle House" and "renting the Pizza Hut" that's not football forum smack talk, that's SHIT talk.

Sure seems like with all that community support for that great football team they are fielding this year that the town and people of Hurley wouldn't want their boys bringing their money over to Grundy after the games and spending it in Pizza Hut and Huddle House, surely the famous "REBEL DINER" would stay open late for your boys little celebration parties after home games?

Rebel Diner burnt to the ground a while back. In our defense im not 100% but the guy that will be "raiding the Huddle House" isn't from Hurley.

Question for Hurley, if you guys were to lose on Friday night...wether it be 60 to 12 or 7 to 6 would you guys come back and tip your hats respectably to Grundy?

I'll go ahead and say now that if Hurley beats Grundy tomorrow night with the same as above wether it's to the wire in OT or a blow out from the first quarter I will give the credit where credit is due.

Lance, everyone on here talks good about their team no matter who they play you talked how grundy would win last week and got beat down and hurley fans have done nothing but the same this week and so have you. My point is no matter who you play you will talk up your team as much as possible and that gets elevated in rivalries. So you talk smack, ill talk smack and so will everyone else its a message board what are we expecting if not that.

all i said was Grundy by 7...same as this week....that will be what I say about every week even if we were playing Richlands and were 0-9 going in to the game. lol.

I like to keep things moving around here and from time to time you have to stir the pot a little.

tpotter go re-read the posts...maybe it wasn't Hurley who said the stuff but it wasn't "hey the team should all get together for a team meal to celebrate our effort friday night and all the fans should try to come" it was once Hurley beats Grundy so and so should rent out the whole Pizza Hut and the Rebels otta raid the Huddle House after they win Friday night...anyway you cut it, it's still bullshit.

We'll finally see tonight...I've already stated what I think will happen and I've already said I'm prepared to give credit where it's due tonight. BUT, Hurley is going to have a lot of nerves tonight, just like Grundy, especially Berglowe. This is one of those classic cross town rivals games that it doesn't matter that Hurley is probably the better team and could win by 40, the rivalry causes them to play down a bit and Grundy to play up amazingly.

i aint trying to piss no one off which seems to be the result when we say that hurley will beat them...i aint "taking shit" as lance put it, im just telling grundy fans that this year your not the best team and hurley unless they beat themselves will win...which could happen this is football, so anything is possible...hurley is better than them this year....they weren't last year, not even close....if grundy wins, good for them, but it would be an upset

To be honest I don't remember anyone saying that Grundy is the best team this year or any year. Its highschool football people and I think that most of the people that are posting are adults....but acting like kids. I could really care less which team wins as long as both teams play a great game stay healthy and give everything they have neither team should walk off the field with their head hung down. I can already see this Hurley Grundy rivalry heating up again....and we sure don't need it like it used to be.

What a great game...I have to say Cooper and Waynick were better than I thought in all honesty. Two great athletes there.

What about Grundy rebounding after losing the way they did last week to beat what I think is a much better Hurley team?! and holding Berglowe out of the endzone?!

Is Grundy a BDD title contender???

Any questions?? Didnt think so!:) Any ways guys both teams played great congrats to Grundy and Hurley was looking like they wanted it more..then Grundy took it from them.

Edited by Zaldrax

haha I was wondering when the Rowe stuff would start coming...I think Ward is going to be very successful...he's 2-1 in his first year as a HC and he's got a ton of young guys starting on both sides of the ball...

Thanks to those here who make this site available!

I want to say congrats to both teams and their fans. I listened on the live feed. Grundy fan here, but I heard my cousins son: Tanner Charles...... name announced on the Hurley team several times tonight. Sounds like he's coming along pretty good.

But it was great hearing Grundy make the comeback!

I'm interested to see if rebel1 and dotson will give credit to grundy and talk about the game with us of if they'll disappear for a while lol

No I am not gonna just up and disappear I will continue to post on here, and I will continue to support my Rebels no matter what. Grundy in my opinion did not impress me they did beat my Rebels but a lot of the Rebels problems was their own fault. Failure to block on the line, failure to protect Austin is the biggest reason why Hurley lost this game. Even with all that said Hurley still led 8-6 in the 3rd quarter. Grundy won and I know in the end that is all that matters a win is a win. But in my opinion Hurley gave this one away. Thats right people gave this one away!!!