Grundy game tonight

short

grundy coulda played with tazwell,graham,abingdon, not marion , or carroll, the swd was nice...but the bdd is shaping up nice this year i see grundy-honaker being a nice rivalry

i dont know about CC as you never know what they have going on down there, probably could have given Marion a game this year...we will have our hands full with Clintwood and Honaker and I dont know what to think about Haysi yet...heard mixed things about how good they really are...i look for that to be a close game though.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you kidding me!!! Grundy wouldn't stand a chance against Richlands!!! Richlands would destroy Grundy, just like they did last year.

when do Hurley and Twin Valley play this year and where?

grundy may roll bdd no swet

Just keep thinking that. The BDD title runs through Haysi; always has, always will. These boys arent about to let that slip away!

As far as how good is Haysi? They are young and have a long way to go but they have gotten better every game and will continue to do so.

Are you kidding me!!! Grundy wouldn't stand a chance against Richlands!!! Richlands would destroy Grundy, just like they did last year.

OH MAN DOTSON YOU'RE SO RIGHT, Richlands would beat the piss out of Grundy, I mean just plum embarrass them JUST LIKE GRUNDY DID HURLEY!!!

this was one bad game for the rebels, those grundy boys were in great shape.i think they have several state wrestlers on that team and it showed. those guys never let up. they just kept coming all night long. they wore those big linemen of hurley down. they were gasping for air the whole night, the 43 kid didnt get stopped all night ,he is one tough kid. if those hurley boys are going to win any more games ,they better get themselves in some shape. if tester cant do any better than that then its time to turn it over to someone else. there is too much talent on that team to let your boys take a loss like that. they need more conditioning and it showed,and they play calling sucked too.

I think you better think back before Tester arrived over there.Hurley was never mentioned anywhere.Look back on TEster record and everybody elses within the last 10 years.I see them play once a year and always see improvement year to year.If he had a bad night callin plays,then he had a bad night,happens to coaches as well as players.Small steps the man is gettin the rebs there.Give him time hes a good coach.

I think you better think back before Tester arrived over there.Hurley was never mentioned anywhere.Look back on TEster record and everybody elses within the last 10 years.I see them play once a year and always see improvement year to year.If he had a bad night callin plays,then he had a bad night,happens to coaches as well as players.Small steps the man is gettin the rebs there.Give him time hes a good coach.

Greg has'nt done anything BUT IMPROVE Hurley Football. You cant go on about play calling either you dont know what the guy on top of the box is seeing and sending down to the sidelines.

The guy eats,sleeps and breaths football I've never knew a coach that gives so much of himself

to the most thankless job in the world.

The game is all about execution and Grundy did a better job of it Friday night. I think a lot of people thought all we had to do was show up. I watched Grundy and lebanon play the week before a bunch of you just see the score and say a team aint nothing because of it.

I saw a Grundy team that if not for shooting there self in the foot so often against lebanon would have been 2-0 going into this past Friday night. Never take anybody lightly you still have to line up and go 4 quarters. Hurley will do ok the rest of the way as I figure Grundy will to. Everbody came out healthy on both sides so thats all that matters.

Yea and as Vols posted " WE need more Dogs"

Just keep thinking that. The BDD title runs through Haysi; always has, always will. These boys arent about to let that slip away!

As far as how good is Haysi? They are young and have a long way to go but they have gotten better every game and will continue to do so.

i always thought it run through honaker.im curious to who holds the most district titles between honaker haysi and hurley in the last 10 or 15 yrs. or history of the bdd would be nice to kno if you could find that.

from what i understand greg calls the plays and he does a terrible job and it was obvious to everyone there they played off waynick and stacked the box. So he decides to slide waynick to TE to block, but the only problem with that is that that brought more in the box. And greg has a good record cuz he has some good talent and the other teams in the district have been way down Cooper is one of the best qbs thats been around in a while but has no oline to block dustin is a real good wr but we cant get a pass to him. Shotgun may help just sayin it couldve been an option no matter how bad the center snaps at least hurley may have got a pass off. And also greg let his offense run 3min off the clock in the 4th down by 10 and never got a first down.

Tester has good things going on at Hurley...the fans and the kids are actually in to football again. It was not long before he got there that talk was Hurley wouldn't have a team anymore because they didn't have enough kids coming out. It's the same way with Crigger at TV. You guys are lucky to have him AND Church...both are quality coaches.

i always thought it run through honaker.im curious to who holds the most district titles between honaker haysi and hurley in the last 10 or 15 yrs. or history of the bdd would be nice to kno if you could find that.

Haysi has 17+

Honaker has 8-9

Hurley has 1-2

Garden has 1-2

Pocahontas has 1(the 1st one)

Late 80s - '98 the BDD belonged to Haysi

From '99 on Haysi has 5, Honaker has 7

Edited by redtiger

from what i understand greg calls the plays and he does a terrible job and it was obvious to everyone there they played off waynick and stacked the box. So he decides to slide waynick to TE to block, but the only problem with that is that that brought more in the box. And greg has a good record cuz he has some good talent and the other teams in the district have been way down Cooper is one of the best qbs thats been around in a while but has no oline to block dustin is a real good wr but we cant get a pass to him. Shotgun may help just sayin it couldve been an option no matter how bad the center snaps at least hurley may have got a pass off. And also greg let his offense run 3min off the clock in the 4th down by 10 and never got a first down.

If you didnt notice the only time Waynick caught passes was when he was at TE.....Its all about match ups......He moves him around...... he had him in the slot, the split, and at TE......when he is at TE it puts a LB on him

If you didnt notice the only time Waynick caught passes was when he was at TE.....Its all about match ups......He moves him around...... he had him in the slot, the split, and at TE......when he is at TE it puts a LB on him

Grundy had Cody Church (#30) on him and shadowing him all night no matter where he was...they thought going in to the game he could do the job against him, and for the most part he did a good job...he's the one that stripped the ball at the start of the game. I figured they would use Oquinn on him since he is able to get up in the air, but since there wasn't much going on Church was able to lock it down for most of the night. Grundy's secondary seems to be stronger than it was last year.

If hes at TE then the DE shouldnt let him off of the los

they might not, but they beat the hell out of Hurley....again.

O.K. First off to Lance you make all this sound as if it was one kid that made the difference on defense for grundy and it wasnt ! and as for hurley running to much ? they passed as much as they ran the ball they just never could connect cooper had a bad game and as a team Hurley's whole team had a bad game , now Im not taking anything from Grundy they earned it except for that crazy catch and fumble recovery in the end zone. But what gets me about you is you talk like you are a coach and your no where near any form of a coach ! you know about as much about football as a 2 year old but now dont get me wrong you say all the right things to make people that dont know the real you believe all this crap . I for one am sick and tired of all this stupid im better because Im from the other side of the mtn. crap, I hear it all the time "there from Hurley you know there kind" or why would you want to go to Hurley there nobody", "Grundy is a much better place than Hurley". and its people like you that make these kind prejudice remarks that gives sites like this a bad name, you blow all these kids up to sound like pros on all these teams and they believe all your bull crap and they get on here and go at it back and forth its nothing no more than Bullying and to let these kids say Im better than you , and you think its fine to take your pictures and gloat when you get a chance and to make fun in your own little way at these kids that give it there all . now there's much more i can say except I will leave at this "Tell me Lance the all mighty God of administrators , What do you want to be when you grow the Hell up"!

Good game grundy you were the better team congrats.

P.S. Lance here is one for the road because i figure you will do your magic thing of kicking me after this ! LOVE THOSE REBELS!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

O.K. First off to Lance you make all this sound as if it was one kid that made the difference on defense for grundy and it wasnt ! and as for hurley running to much ? they passed as much as they ran the ball they just never could connect cooper had a bad game and as a team Hurley's whole team had a bad game , now Im not taking anything from Grundy they earned it except for that crazy catch and fumble recovery in the end zone. But what gets me about you is you talk like you are a coach and your no where near any form of a coach ! you know about as much about football as a 2 year old but now dont get me wrong you say all the right things to make people that dont know the real you believe all this crap . I for one am sick and tired of all this stupid im better because Im from the other side of the mtn. crap, I hear it all the time "there from Hurley you know there kind" or why would you want to go to Hurley there nobody", "Grundy is a much better place than Hurley". and its people like you that make these kind prejudice remarks that gives sites like this a bad name, you blow all these kids up to sound like pros on all these teams and they believe all your bull crap and they get on here and go at it back and forth its nothing no more than Bullying and to let these kids say Im better than you , and you think its fine to take your pictures and gloat when you get a chance and to make fun in your own little way at these kids that give it there all . now there's much more i can say except I will leave at this "Tell me Lance the all mighty God of administrators , What do you want to be when you grow the Hell up"!

P.S. Lance here is one for the road because i figure you will do your magic thing of kicking me after this ! LOVE THOSE REBELS!!!!!!WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :D

lol...ok...I hope you feel better now that you got that out. I would feel bad knowing you had to carry that around with you.

PS: I sent you a friend request on Facebook :)

since its 2am and I'm bored I'll try to break down some of the nonsense you have spoken here and respond:

O.K. First off to Lance you make all this sound as if it was one kid that made the difference on defense for grundy and it wasnt !

-I never said or implied that and I have zero clue as to what you are talking about here?

and as for hurley running to much ? they passed as much as they ran the ball they just never could connect

-I never said that either, the only thing I said is that Grundy made up their mind they were not going to let Berglowe beat them and the only thing I can think of they might have tried that I didn't see them go to was to go to a shotgun and try to hit Waynick on little 7 yarders because to me (my opinion) that was open all night and Hurley never went to it. I even talked to Waynick earlier today and asked him if he thought they were playing him soft and he said he agreed.

cooper had a bad game and as a team Hurley's whole team had a bad game , now Im not taking anything from Grundy they earned it except for that crazy catch and fumble recovery in the end zone.

-the whole team had a bad game? Really? You going to go there and then turn around and say the catch/fumble in the end zone thing when the only points Hurley put on the board was a 95 yard INT return by Waynick? Pot calling the kettle black don't you think?

But what gets me about you is you talk like you are a coach and your no where near any form of a coach ! you know about as much about football as a 2 year old but now dont get me wrong you say all the right things to make people that dont know the real you believe all this crap .

-I'm not a coach, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once. I just speak my opinions like everyone else on here. "people that don't know the real you"....uhmmm...that would include YOU...but, i did send you a friend request so we can get to be BFF's...OMG!!! how cool would that be????? Like ...fer realz.

I for one am sick and tired of all this stupid im better because Im from the other side of the mtn. crap, I hear it all the time "there from Hurley you know there kind" or why would you want to go to Hurley there nobody", "Grundy is a much better place than Hurley". and its people like you that make these kind prejudice remarks that gives sites like this a bad name,

-I'd love for you to please post up something I said. My dad played football for Hurley and was on one of the few teams that actually beat Grundy over the years...you are talking out your blow hole here my friend. I have nothing bad to say about Hurley, sorry. Although, I like how you try to group me in and stereotype me as a "typical grundy person who hates on Hurley"...once again, pot calling the kettle black.

you blow all these kids up to sound like pros on all these teams and they believe all your bull crap and they get on here and go at it back and forth its nothing no more than Bullying and to let these kids say Im better than you ,

-that's about one of the dumbest things you have said so far, and that's saying a lot.

and you think its fine to take your pictures and gloat when you get a chance and to make fun in your own little way at these kids that give it there all .

-once again, I'd love to see an example of what the hell you are talking about because I'm lost...in fact, I have not even posted any pics from the Hurley game on here yet if you care to shut your pie hole long enough to actually look. I did however post up some pics from the Lebanon game which we lost...I guess that is a new way to "gloat" and "make fun in my own little way"....I mean seriously man...I take pics because I enjoy taking pics, I don't take a dime for it and I get offered money all the time...I take them for the kids and the parents to enjoy and to let others get a look at what went on in the Grundy game if they care to take a look...thats about the sum of it. What you are saying here, is just stupid....really.

now there's much more i can say except I will leave at this "Tell me Lance the all mighty God of administrators , What do you want to be when you grow the Hell up"!

-I'm not sure yet? I'll post it up when/if I ever decide. Thanks for your support and concern.

-I thought the whole Hurley team just had a bad game???? lol.

not at all...you are welcome to your opinions and you don't have to agree with mine.