Richlands Offense

UNIONFAN

I have been in a pissing contest on another forum with a fella who is on this forum as well. I want to clear something up. I made the comment that Union held richlands to the lowest they had scored in two years. Ofcourse i admit I messed up there, Phoebus held Richlands to 23 in the state game and well two fellas are like "your wrong your wrong hahah you dont know football". Well that just futhers my case IMO. To me that says that Union and the number 1 team in AA football, which is on something like 47 strait wins, is all that could do what happened. Now im not comparing richlands 2011 to richlands 2010. No what im saying is that a Union defense held what is known as the best team in this area, for a reason, to the 2nd (i appologize) lowest points in 18 games. Plus they have held Lee to almost half what Burton or tw held them, and also held Lebanon to 0 points. IMO Union has the best D line i have seen in the area (lpd mainly) that i have seen in years. Am I wrong in making that statement? What is yall's opinion?

I have been in a pissing contest on another forum with a fella who is on this forum as well. I want to clear something up. I made the comment that Union held richlands to the lowest they had scored in two years. Ofcourse i admit I messed up there, Phoebus held Richlands to 23 in the state game and well two fellas are like "your wrong your wrong hahah you dont know football". Well that just futhers my case IMO. To me that says that Union and the number 1 team in AA football, which is on something like 47 strait wins, is all that could do what happened. Now im not comparing richlands 2011 to richlands 2010. No what im saying is that a Union defense held what is known as the best team in this area, for a reason, to the 2nd (i appologize) lowest points in 18 games. Plus they have held Lee to almost half what Burton or tw held them, and also held Lebanon to 0 points. IMO Union has the best D line i have seen in the area (lpd mainly) that i have seen in years. Am I wrong in making that statement? What is yall's opinion?

Union has every right to be proud of the game they played against Richlands. It was a game that went down to the wire, and Richlands was fortunate (as coach Mance said) to get out of there with a W. I think everyone here to a man congratulated Union on a great game. I don't think you were wrong at all in making that statement.

Guest The Variable
You just proved you don't know football by saying Phoebus. I guess they were right.

yes, heaven forbid he confuses one state champion from HR (on the opposite side of the state from SWVA) with another one. Both with obscure names starting with P.

excellent and insightful criticism. :rolleyes:

yes, heaven forbid he confuses one state champion from HR (on the opposite side of the state from SWVA) with another one. Both with obscure names starting with P.

excellent and insightful criticism. :rolleyes:

Thanks man. Thats what no coffee in the morning will do to ya hahaha

I was at the game. And if you knew anything about football you would understand this. Richlands was held to few points, but not by Union. They turned ball over 4 times which lead to Union points. Basic ball security and not beating yourself Richlands wins this game by 30 - 40. Richlands had ball inside of 10 two times and got 0 points. And also agree that if Devon was healthy it would have been 30 - 40 at the half.

I don't want to take anything from Union they played great, but come on. Also to the AA comment, Union now has more students than Richlands. Richlands is on verge to having enough students to drop to single A. And If Union stays at this level of students for a couple of years they will be able to apply for AA status. So I don't want to hear any of these new combine schools giving the "woe is me" attitude because they are playing a AA school.

I was at the game. And if you knew anything about football you would understand this. Richlands was held to few points, but not by Union. They turned ball over 4 times which lead to Union points. Basic ball security and not beating yourself Richlands wins this game by 30 - 40. Richlands had ball inside of 10 two times and got 0 points. And also agree that if Devon was healthy it would have been 30 - 40 at the half.

I don't want to take anything from Union they played great, but come on. Also to the AA comment, Union now has more students than Richlands. Richlands is on verge to having enough students to drop to single A. And If Union stays at this level of students for a couple of years they will be able to apply for AA status. So I don't want to hear any of these new combine schools giving the "woe is me" attitude because they are playing a AA school.

Just wondering because I did not see that games, How many of the turnovers could be credited to the Union D comin' up wit the big play they needed to force?

Just wondering because I did not see that games, How many of the turnovers could be credited to the Union D comin' up wit the big play they needed to force?

I think Richlands QB forced 1 INT that was just a bad read to his WR. I would give them credit to one of the turnovers, but the rest were due to forcing the ball instead of throwing it away and holding the ball like a loaf of bread. AJ was also fighting for extra yards and just didn't pay attention to the ball and lost it.

greatwhitemp36, Based on the AA and A comment, where do you get your enrollment numbers? If I'm not mistaken Lee High and Richlands have the highest enrollments of all the VA schools in our general area. Union does not have a higher enrollment than Richlands.

Enrollment numbers....from the VHSL...for AA and AAA.....

http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-divisions-2011-2012.pdf

single A numbers can be found here....couldn't find any enrollment numbers for Union.

http://www.vhsl.org/news/0524111306240222_news.html

Edited by futbolking
adding info

Enrollment numbers....from the VHSL...for AA and AAA.....

http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-divisions-2011-2012.pdf

single A numbers can be found here....couldn't find any enrollment numbers for Union.

http://www.vhsl.org/news/0524111306240222_news.html

The Wise Co schools will use sept 30th numbers which is why they are not yet available

Richlands is NOW signal A sized if they want to they can drop next cycle

greatwhitemp36, Based on the AA and A comment, where do you get your enrollment numbers? If I'm not mistaken Lee High and Richlands have the highest enrollments of all the VA schools in our general area. Union does not have a higher enrollment than Richlands.

hahahaha... Open mouth.. Insert foot!