? richlands fans

fridaynightfun

glad to see your not going to whine!

i think what is the problem is that graham scored on a hb pass with a min or so on the clock and rhs people cried saying they were running up the score. but a 14 point lead is not safe unless only a few seconds left. could run the kick off back, hit a long pass or a long run for td. onside kick recover and score again. could it have happened yes did it no. but the difference i think is 14 points is not a safe lead where a 31 point lead with one quarter left is a little more safe. yes ghs could have scored on kick off, then onside kick recover and score again.but with a team as young as ghs with new coach is less likely than the previous sceniaro. the fact that rhs tried the onside kick up 31 is strange. if you were going to work on it why not try it being up 21 or 14 points. rhs beat the pants off ghs. but to set here and complain like some have over the hb pass ghs did up 14 and say it was running up the score and then justify the onside kick and say rhs was not trying to run up the score because 31 point lead is not safe is a joke. most had put the game from years ago behind us but a few are still brooding over it and trying to justify last weeks onside kick. both teams did what they needed to do and were trying something different to see if they could do it to use maybe in a later game that would be closer and needed to know if they could pull off a onside kick or the hb pass and it work.

i really hope when they play again that mance actually tries to run the score up, that way you cry babies that rationalize a hb pass but whine over an onsides kick will actually have something to cry about.

wow!

I really hope when they play again that Mance actually tries to run the score up, that way you cry babies that rationalize a hb pass but whine over an onsides kick will actually have something to cry about.

waaaaaa........

31-0 isn't 41 to nothing or 45 to nothing, but 31-0 is only 4 TD's with 4 2 point conversions and you are down by 1 point. At 31 to nothing, everything is on the table, especially if it's the beginning of the 3rd quarter and you are kicking off. Why not kick the onside kick and get the ball and score and make it 38-0, then you feel you have put the game away. 38-0 is likely putting the game away, but 31-0? I don't think so. Kicking an onside kick here isn't a bad choice and not bad sportsmanship, but if up 38 to nothing and doing it, then yes, it's bad sportsmanship. Only my opinions above and obviously, there has to be a cutoff point at some where, but that cutoff point is variable. I can tell you this.....most coaches don't feel the cutoff point to stop taking risky plays, trick plays or onside kicks is 31 to nothing. Most put it higher than this number.

You got to be f'ing kidding, right???

This was against Graham...a group of kids that are the size of most JV teams and had no chance of even scoring, much less 4 TDs and 4 2-pt conversions.

7-0 was "good enough" in that game...

31-0 isn't 41 to nothing or 45 to nothing, but 31-0 is only 4 TD's with 4 2 point conversions and you are down by 1 point. At 31 to nothing, everything is on the table, especially if it's the beginning of the 3rd quarter and you are kicking off. Why not kick the onside kick and get the ball and score and make it 38-0, then you feel you have put the game away. 38-0 is likely putting the game away, but 31-0? I don't think so. Kicking an onside kick here isn't a bad choice and not bad sportsmanship, but if up 38 to nothing and doing it, then yes, it's bad sportsmanship. Only my opinions above and obviously, there has to be a cutoff point at some where, but that cutoff point is variable. I can tell you this.....most coaches don't feel the cutoff point to stop taking risky plays, trick plays or onside kicks is 31 to nothing. Most put it higher than this number.

very improbable that a high school team is going to comeback from that far. I'm neutral in this whole debate but i'm just saying.

What I saw.

Richlands came out content to just work on the passing game with some new recievers in first quarter. But when the refs decided to make all the calls they could, it forced Richlands to load up and go full throttle. Wasn't it 17-0 at almost half time? Looked like they figured they were playing the refs as well as Graham.

What I saw.

Richlands came out content to just work on the passing game with some new recievers in first quarter. But when the refs decided to make all the calls they could, it forced Richlands to load up and go full throttle. Wasn't it 17-0 at almost half time? Looked like they figured they were playing the refs as well as Graham.

Interesting, considering the game was being played in Richlands...most of the time, the visiting team is playing Richlands and the refs...

lol.. I call bullshyt.. look at stats from any Richlands game for several years and find where the refs actually "favored" Richlands, I can tell you haven't been to a ball game at Ernie Hicks in a long time.

I do have to say somthing to that last post rhs gets more calls in their favor when they are on the road by far excepst cc and no one goes in there and gets a fair game. Look at the stats it will show i will go out on a limb and say its 3 to 1 away to home you play a close game at union and have 6 flags the hole game the next week at home you have that many in the 1qrt. Strange

I do have to say somthing to that last post rhs gets more calls in their favor when they are on the road by far excepst cc and no one goes in there and gets a fair game. Look at the stats it will show i will go out on a limb and say its 3 to 1 away to home you play a close game at union and have 6 flags the hole game the next week at home you have that many in the 1qrt. Strange

Thank you.. its nice to see someone else who has actually watched some games of Richlands at home,if people are just gonna post hater material, I wish they would put (Hater) at the front so I dont waste my time reading it :p

Thank you.. its nice to see someone else who has actually watched some games of Richlands at home,if people are just gonna post hater material, I wish they would put (Hater) at the front so I dont waste my time reading it :p

I've watched plenty of Richlands games...I've seen opponents get absolutely robbed by the officials at Ernie Hicks...you young bucks have very short memories...

Everyone of course can have whatever opinion they want, but I am not that young of a buck, even tho I hate to admit it, and I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree over this one G-man.