Marion@Graham

ghs_17

Marion did talley what, 31 pts against a pretty decent RR team last week while allowing 46, so they may not stop Graham but can their offense keep pace with the G-Men's? I think it may turn out to be a shootout of sorts, I picked Marion for this one in the Pick em but maybe I shoulda went with Graham in a close one!

If Graham plays tough and goes in with a good game plan then they should win by 2 tds. If they go in thinking that its going to be a cake walk then Marion will walk out of mitchell with a win. I've seen it happen before, Graham will not take them serious and then they walk away with a loss. Graham should get the W, if they take this game seriously.

Were The Refs Really One Sided Last Night Got In The Car After The Blues Game And The G-Men Announcers Were Going On And On About How They Had Been Robbed By The Refs Most Of The Night Something About A Pass Being Uncatchable That Brought Marion Back Into The Game.

Were The Refs Really One Sided Last Night Got In The Car After The Blues Game And The G-Men Announcers Were Going On And On About How They Had Been Robbed By The Refs Most Of The Night Something About A Pass Being Uncatchable That Brought Marion Back Into The Game.

No, the announcer's son is the one who got the penalty....he whines and complains anytime his son gets penalized....also whines and complains when his son is on the sideline and not in the game, criticizing the coaches. He is totally biased and needs to be removed from the air....it's pathetic.

No, the announcer's son is the one who got the penalty....he whines and complains anytime his son gets penalized....also whines and complains when his son is on the sideline and not in the game, criticizing the coaches. He is totally biased and needs to be removed from the air....it's pathetic.

He went on for about 10 min about how bad of a call it was and how the g-men had to play marion and the refs. I was like dang must have been a ton of bad calls that game thanks for clearing that up though he must be a new announcer for the gmen this year as ive never heard someone complain that bad for that long lol.

He went on for about 10 min about how bad of a call it was and how the g-men had to play marion and the refs. I was like dang must have been a ton of bad calls that game thanks for clearing that up though he must be a new announcer for the gmen this year as ive never heard someone complain that bad for that long lol.

Unfortunately, he's not new.......just got a kid playing now....sad thing is, the other announcer was fueling it further...

Family relation aside, it was an uncatchable ball and the reciever wasn't even turned looking for the ball, it ended up behind the g-men players standing on the side line. Also Graham blocked a marion FIELD GOAL not extra point attempt and ran it back for a touchdown with 2 marion players chasing him the entire way. The head official called it a touchdown. The other officials got together and said one of them accidently his whistle as soon as it was blocked and so the marion coach threw a fit and said his players stoped playing when they heard the whistle. They called the touchdown off and the g-men got the ball around the 25 yard line, drove down and scored anyway.

Family relation aside, it was an uncatchable ball and the reciever wasn't even turned looking for the ball, it ended up behind the g-men players standing on the side line. Also Graham blocked a marion FIELD GOAL not extra point attempt and ran it back for a touchdown with 2 marion players chasing him the entire way. The head official called it a touchdown. The other officials got together and said one of them accidently his whistle as soon as it was blocked and so the marion coach threw a fit and said his players stoped playing when they heard the whistle. They called the touchdown off and the g-men got the ball around the 25 yard line, drove down and scored anyway.

Bad call or not....he has no business complaining about officiating and coaching on the radio...especially about his kid, he should refrain.

If one ref blew a whistle, play is dead at that point, regardless if it resulted in a touchdown or not....if the Marion players heard a whistle, they will stop pursuing the play....may be the ref's fault, but the right call to make to bring it back....

As for pass interference....didn't see it happen, but even if it's uncatchable, you can't face guard or make contact with the player in high 'school....it'll be called every time.

Last year at Marion, the call was for faceguarding. (Was told that the kids were taught to faceguard on defense last year, not sure if that is true or not.....)

Everybody complained about it then, but it was the right call. You may not like the rule, but the refs are obligated to call it.

Edited by futbolking

In HS (unless you are in Texas or Connecticut I think) the ball does not have to be catchable for their still to be PI.

As for a runback FG, unfortunately if there is an inadvertent whistle, then the TD would have to be brought back. IW's are one thing that can get you in some serious hot water as an official.

If the pass is deemed to be "uncatchable", pass interference rules do not apply in American college football or the NFL, and starting with the 2010 season they do not apply in Canada. This rule does not apply in American high school football

In HS (unless you are in Texas or Connecticut I think) the ball does not have to be catchable for their still to be PI.

As for a runback FG, unfortunately if there is an inadvertent whistle, then the TD would have to be brought back. IW's are one thing that can get you in some serious hot water as an official.

Yes....and every time somebody in the stands complains about the ball being "uncatchable"...I try to argue my point that it doesn't matter if it's uncatchable in high school.... to no avail...

There are WAY too many fans that dont know the high school rules and thats fine but if you dont know what youre talking about then dont stand up and yell.

As a general rule for those who arent 100% on the HS rules; look around, find someone who is knowledgeable and repeat what they are yelling. lol