How good is Honaker?

greatwhitemp36

Looking at Richland's remaining schedule and trying to determine who would be the toughest opponent left, I believe it might be Honaker? Can anyone tell me how they are doing this year besides their record? Have they beat any quality teams? Are they more of a passing team or running team?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at Richland's remaining schedule and trying to determine who would be the toughest opponent left, I believe it might be Honaker? Can anyone tell me how they are doing this year besides their record? Have they beat any quality teams? Are they more of a passing team or running team?

I would say Honaker is a solid D1 team. They lost to Clintwood 28-14 in a benefit game (if ya wanna count that). They have beaten Lebanon (31-14), Castlewood (29-8) who just beat Central, Eastside (17-14, on a FG at the buzzer to win), and Patrick Henry (42-14). They have a pretty balanced offense (decent QB), but are more of run-based team as usual (couple of good backs).

I hate sayin this, but will Richlands have trouble with them?

Probably NOT!!!! Go ahead and look over us and concentrate on your next one after us!!! lol

Tigers play Twin Valley tomorrow night in Oakwood, they could be a threat for an upset, who know in this game!

Ive Seen Honaker And To Describe How Good They Are They Are About 3 TDs Better Than Union.

I wouldn't give that much credit, but thanks for the love, champ!!!!! I haven't seen Union play, but did listen to yalls game with em ... I would have guess Union bein about 2 TDs better than Honaker!

I wouldn't give that much credit, but thanks for the love, champ!!!!! I haven't seen Union play, but did listen to yalls game with em ... I would have guess Union bein about 2 TDs better than Honaker!

Between the Union game and last week, Richlands didn't even look like the same team. Something about game 4 year in and year out something clicks with the Blues.

Would have to disagree. Honaker is about even to Union if not a little worse. They are soft up front. Richlands is 4-5 scores better.

You may have one D1 lineman but that is only one. I think Honaker has one also but yours play outside OL and ours plays both ways. Let Richlands line play both ways and see who is soft up front then.

Edited by lineman strong

Honaker doesn't have any D1 lineman. TE is a solid player and a couple of their linemen are solid. NO and let me repeat NO D1 kids. I would rather have a TEAM of good players rather than one or two D1 kids. I think that the Blues really have only one true D1 kid. Honaker is a solid football team; however, I think that Richlands gets em by 2 tds. Battle will give the Tigers a fit because of their speed. I have heard that the Blues are not great when people run right at them. Honaker will do that and have the FB and TE in the flats a great deal.

Honaker doesn't have any D1 lineman. TE is a solid player and a couple of their linemen are solid. NO and let me repeat NO D1 kids. I would rather have a TEAM of good players rather than one or two D1 kids. I think that the Blues really have only one true D1 kid. Honaker is a solid football team; however, I think that Richlands gets em by 2 tds. Battle will give the Tigers a fit because of their speed. I have heard that the Blues are not great when people run right at them. Honaker will do that and have the FB and TE in the flats a great deal.

I guess I know something you don't!!

Honaker has a group of real good kids this year. Your right a team of good players is better than a team with one D1 player. Maybe that's why you and alot of other people think Honaker has no D1 kids, not putting their D1 guys first. I do believe the boys this year that go to college after this year and play ball will be playing.

The fact that your line couldn't move the ball on Eastside makes a statement on how good they are. When you do play Richlands 42 Honaker 7. Word in Richlands is Hubbard was ready to quit playing Richlands until Bowerbank stepped in made you keep playing.

The fact that your line couldn't move the ball on Eastside makes a statement on how good they are. When you do play Richlands 42 Honaker 7. Word in Richlands is Hubbard was ready to quit playing Richlands until Bowerbank stepped in made you keep playing.

Eastside tapped in to the headsets so they knew our every play, no excuse, as far as Honaker not playing Richlands anymore, well it's sort of like VHSL stepping in and and said Richlands as to start playing teams in their own division. If Richlands don't win that would be saying alot. Richlands only plays two teams that are equal. By the way Bowerbank did not step in, the principal did, for this year. I guess this is when you start telling us how bad a single A team beat all the double A teams. We seen how they do against a team of equal size.

Honaker has a very good team. They have good kids that play hard and they have a good QB and RB's especially J Honaker. You always know that no matter what the final score is that the Honaker kids leave it all out on the field.

Should the Blues beat the Tigers..........sure, Richlands is a D3 playoff team and Honaker is a D1 playoff team, but this game worries me a bit.

Honaker is at home for that game and they always have great home support and are tough to beat there and the blues have shown to be a little vulnerable to the run at times this year. I think some of that has been do to all the injuries the blues have had so far. They seem to be close to 100% now though. But Honaker does have a very good tight end and 2 very talented RB's and can run the ball.

This game worries me more than any other that remains on our schedule for the regular season.

I'll get to see them in person this coming Friday as my wife and I are going to watch them play this week. My wife graduated from Honaker and teaches in the area so we always try to make a couple of their games each year.

Did move the ball in the first half and then did have some injuries in that game, not making excuses here, just sayin that game may not be the best to judge how good Honaker is. Not to mention Eastside is better than people are givin em credit for.

As far as playing Richlands, I heard the rumors and I think thats what they were, rumors!!! After all, we are still on each other schedules and not sure what pull Bowerbank has $$$ ... I didn't understand why Richlands didn't take their starters out until well into the 4th Q, up 61-14, they were a far better team than Honaker and everyone knew that, I didn't think they had to prove it, does Mance/Richlands have a beef with Hubbard/Honaker that I don't know about? I'll take those butt whoopins, it'll just make the day sweeter when we get one back!

Eastside tapped in to the headsets so they knew our every play, no excuse, as far as Honaker not playing Richlands anymore, well it's sort of like VHSL stepping in and and said Richlands as to start playing teams in their own division. If Richlands don't win that would be saying alot. Richlands only plays two teams that are equal. By the way Bowerbank did not step in, the principal did, for this year. I guess this is when you start telling us how bad a single A team beat all the double A teams. We seen how they do against a team of equal size.

Are you serious right now?.....

Thats almost on Falconboy/southbound level right there. Tapped into your headsets???? In the works of Keysean Johnson, C'mon Man!

One thing is for sure about Honaker, All Honaker boys.

When you play Richlands you are actually playing the top picks out of what 5 schools. So you can't really say Richlands is better than anybody because it's been a long time since "Richlands" had a team. I think the game will be better than what you think. Tell yourboys to drink their vitamins before the game because it might be a long night.

One thing is for sure about Honaker, All Honaker boys.

When you play Richlands you are actually playing the top picks out of what 5 schools. So you can't really say Richlands is better than anybody because it's been a long time since "Richlands" had a team. I think the game will be better than what you think. Tell yourboys to drink their vitamins before the game because it might be a long night.

Go play in traffic.

Listen kid, they are some things you might want to realize before you type and submit on here. 1. Don't make your team look bad. Making excuses and acting like you're a world beater will only get you shunned. 2. Don't jump ahead. Why don't you worry about Twin Valley this week. They are better then you think and as much as I would love for next week to be a match of un-beaten teams, you have made me think that seeing you get beat by the Panthers wouldn't be bad either. 3. You have a good team but no D1 athletes. Kids may go on to have great college careers but not at the big time.

I realize that your some kid who has just realized how to use a computer and that is fine and dandy but do us all a favor and think just a little.

Your Friend,

Mayor

P.S.-Raven isn't just a city, it's a state of mind.

Listen kid, they are some things you might want to realize before you type and submit on here. 1. Don't make your team look bad. Making excuses and acting like you're a world beater will only get you shunned. 2. Don't jump ahead. Why don't you worry about Twin Valley this week. They are better then you think and as much as I would love for next week to be a match of un-beaten teams, you have made me think that seeing you get beat by the Panthers wouldn't be bad either. 3. You have a good team but no D1 athletes. Kids may go on to have great college careers but not at the big time.

I realize that your some kid who has just realized how to use a computer and that is fine and dandy but do us all a favor and think just a little.

Your Friend,

Mayor

P.S.-Raven isn't just a city, it's a state of mind.

Sorry not a kid. They are a kid being scouted by D1 AA, I know because I am the one that is dealing with the phone calls.

I saw the Honaker/Clintwood benefit game and im not gonna worry about the score but Honaker couldnt move the ball on the ground against Clintwood but the passing game looked like it had potiental. IMO they are no where near as good as Union and should offer little challenge to Richlands. Not to be overlooked but not a game you circle on the calendar either.

There are lots of kids who walk on to D1 schools and end up at E&H or UVAW, nothing wrong w/ that but there not true D1 players. Honaker has 0, I repeat 0 D1 players on their team. If you dont believe me does anyone on Honakers team in any way resemble/have the impact of Heath Miller, Justin Hamilton, Boo Sensabaugh, Thomas or Julious Jones, Josh Hess, Austin Fuller or Devon Johnson? The answer is no.

All of that being said I would love for Honaker to beat Richlands but its not gonna happen

Edited by redtiger

Sorry not a kid. They are a kid being scouted by D1 AA, I know because I am the one that is dealing with the phone calls.

I hope the D1 AA school is lax on their education requirements or hopefully they just got your brawn and not brains

"They are a kid being..." - LMFAO to funny....

I hope the D1 AA school is lax on their education requirements or hopefully they just got your brawn and not brains

He/she is not claiming to be the player but the players parent/guardian.

This one has the grades plus. Not a walk on. He is as good in is his position as Josh Hess is in his position. Honaker just is not looked at like Richlands, prior state champs. Plus we have had to put him out there with no help.

Edited by lineman strong