How good is Honaker?

greatwhitemp36

I haven't seen Honaker play either, but I'd say they have a good team. I hope Honaker goes 9-1 (the 1 being tonight ) and goes deep into the playoffs. I hope it's a good game and nobody gets hurt. Good luck to Honaker the rest of the season.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest king kone

What was this thread about?......oh yea.......they ain't very good..........

That's not at all true. They will win the BDD. And make some noise in the playoffs. They ate definitely a quality team.

That's not at all true. They will win the BDD. And make some noise in the playoffs. They ate definitely a quality team.

I wish them all the best for the rest of their season ! Hope the Tigers win the rest of their games and make a deep run in the playoffs. They have a lot of good kids on that team .

Like last year, if the Blues and Honaker have their playoff games on different days then i will go and support the Tigers !

Give em hell Honaker !

Guest king kone

Their principal calls our principal and tells her no blowup helmet, no flags, no nothing. I ain't givin' 'em no cudos.........

I wish them all the best for the rest of their season ! Hope the Tigers win the rest of their games and make a deep run in the playoffs. They have a lot of good kids on that team .

Like last year, if the Blues and Honaker have their playoff games on different days then i will go and support the Tigers !

Give em hell Honaker !

Same goes here.

Dont overlook Haysi, they may have a little to say about who wins the BDD!

Their principal calls our principal and tells her no blowup helmet, no flags, no nothing. I ain't givin' 'em no cudos.........

I have no idea who said what but imo the flags are ok but the inflatable helmet isint, the visiting team has no business bringing the whole "show" to another teams field

Their principal calls our principal and tells her no blowup helmet, no flags, no nothing. I ain't givin' 'em no cudos.........[/QUOT

Wrong. Get your story straight.

Since you seem to know what is the straight story?

Honaker does have a very good team this year. I look for them to make a good run in the playoffs this year and just like bigrhsfan if they are playing on different days I will go watch them to.

Thanks southwest VA has a few good teams this year. This area should be in the running for a few play offs this year. I know A and AA schools but not sure if we have any AAA schools. Play offs should be good games this year.

As for what who did or didn't do. Don't matter now. Honaker, I hope, has the only lose over with. We still have a mentally tough 4 games ahead. Physically should not be a problem.

The one thing that seemed to hurt honaker on the o side of the ball was that the coaches are not getting the plays in very quickly. In big games that can kill a teams rythem and for what ever reason honakers coaches were having trouble getting the next play in.

The one thing that seemed to hurt honaker on the o side of the ball was that the coaches are not getting the plays in very quickly. In big games that can kill a teams rythem and for what ever reason honakers coaches were having trouble getting the next play in.

No joke. Last year was every game. This was the first game we had this problem. That hurt the boys and a mistake on the fair catch punt early hurt the drive. They started out great, then two TO's because of the play call killed the rhythm.

He was asked by a players dad awhile back and told no helmet. Blow ups are a home team thing.

I recall us using the helmet in Honaker two years ago. I know several trams we have played at that have allowed us to bring it. I don't see the problem, we've let Taz have theirs at Ernie Hicks.

Guest king kone

The truth is administration said no helmet. The refs called back 4 td's. The one ref had a smirk on his face the whole game. And it didn't make any difference...........

No joke. Last year was every game. This was the first game we had this problem. That hurt the boys and a mistake on the fair catch punt early hurt the drive. They started out great, then two TO's because of the play call killed the rhythm.

IMHO, another mistake was not running the clock out at the end of the first half when you were pinned deep in your own territory. That ended up allowing us to score again before the half and all but put the game out of reach. But the fair catch ended up being a killer.

AA vs A. Looked good to me.

Sorry but as usual your talk holds no water since Richlands is at A numbers.. you can yell about AA all you want but anyone with a brain already knows Richlands isnt even at AA numbers, so go tell that to people that equally don't know what they are talking about.

IMHO, another mistake was not running the clock out at the end of the first half when you were pinned deep in your own territory. That ended up allowing us to score again before the half and all but put the game out of reach. But the fair catch ended up being a killer.

I agree fair catching the ball on the 2 yard line was a killer for Honaker.