How good is Honaker?

greatwhitemp36

I didnt see 1 player on Honakers Oline push 1 of Clintwoods D players around. A legit D1 prospect should stick out like a sore thumb.

Even Hess isint a great D1 prospect, hes more like a good D2 imo.

we have had to put him out there with no help.

You just threw the entire Oline/team under the bus to try to make 1 player seem better.

Edited by redtiger

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eastside tapped in to the headsets so they knew our every play, no excuse, as far as Honaker not playing Richlands anymore, well it's sort of like VHSL stepping in and and said Richlands as to start playing teams in their own division. If Richlands don't win that would be saying alot. Richlands only plays two teams that are equal. By the way Bowerbank did not step in, the principal did, for this year. I guess this is when you start telling us how bad a single A team beat all the double A teams. We seen how they do against a team of equal size.

I'm a hometown boy and respect my fellow Tiger fans, but please don't do the southbound/falconman thang. Leave all the excuses for those two to come up with. I mean look at the name Abingdon has on here because of Frick and Frack, I dnt want Honaker to be the butt of those jokes. We won the Eastside game, no excuse needed. They have a good ball team, they gave a great effort in that game and really outplayed Honaker and shoulda won, you can't deny them the respect they deserve for their effort by sayin they tapped into the headset.

Whose lookin at the kid you're talkin about? D1-AA is now FCS, is that correct cause I get this confused (App St, etc...). Just curious??

Edited by OrangeStreak

This one has the grades plus. Not a walk on. He is as good in is his position as Josh Hess is in his position. Honaker just is not looked at like Richlands, prior state champs. Plus we have had to put him out there with no help.

You are 8 posts into your "career" here, and you've already started to draw Falconman/Southbound references.....It's really not looking up for you. Lol

The Eastside/Honaker game was close because Honakers strong point is running the ball, Eastsides strong point is defending the run. Maybe Eastside knew what plays Honaker was gonna run because Honaker runs a pretty basic Offense, not trying to offend anyone from Honaker but that is there style - lineup and come right at you, nothing sugar coated about it, they arent trying to hide anything.

Eastside isint a bad team at all, they are pretty good and will stand a very good chance of winning the Cumberland, they just cant hang w/ the BDD

Edited by redtiger

Eastside tapped in to the headsets so they knew our every play, no excuse, as far as Honaker not playing Richlands anymore, well it's sort of like VHSL stepping in and and said Richlands as to start playing teams in their own division. If Richlands don't win that would be saying alot. Richlands only plays two teams that are equal. By the way Bowerbank did not step in, the principal did, for this year. I guess this is when you start telling us how bad a single A team beat all the double A teams. We seen how they do against a team of equal size.

hahahahaha oh god...

Sorry not a kid. They are a kid being scouted by D1 AA, I know because I am the one that is dealing with the phone calls.

You're a kid to me.

This one has the grades plus. Not a walk on. He is as good in is his position as Josh Hess is in his position. Honaker just is not looked at like Richlands, prior state champs. Plus we have had to put him out there with no help.

Grammar.

You are 8 posts into your "career" here, and you've already started to draw Falconman/Southbound references.....It's really not looking up for you. Lol

This....

never doubt the mayor!!!!

....and this.

i guess theres nothin wrong with having confidence in ur team or your kid,but as far as richlands goes i think u have go into the game planning to win even if u get beat 64-14 or worse.right now i think honaker needs to plan on beating twin valley and if they go into that game thinkin its a cake walk then it could be a big surprise for the tigers.hang in there lineman strong.

i guess theres nothin wrong with having confidence in ur team or your kid,but as far as richlands goes i think u have go into the game planning to win even if u get beat 64-14 or worse.right now i think honaker needs to plan on beating twin valley and if they go into that game thinkin its a cake walk then it could be a big surprise for the tigers.hang in there lineman strong.

There's a difference between confidence and dreaming. And I think he's taken a few drunken steps over the line. Just my two cents anyways.

I beleave Richlands does have singal A numbers now and why would anyone get on hear and try and tick off a team they will be facing in two weeks after being beat 62 to 14 the year before. Well I did forget about Southbound and Falcongirl but their just funny.

OK...I'm gonna say it... Richlands' fans should NOT be posting we will beat a team that has ZERO losses to date...by 4 or 5 TD's. Granted it's just some fans, but all you are doing is giving the UNDEFEATED team "locker room" fodder.

REALLY, there's no need for such "silliness"...respect your opponent's winning efforts and the game will be decided on the field.

I beleave Richlands does have singal A numbers now

Richlands only has something like 30 or so more students than Union. 713 may be the number, not sure if that is exact or not. But either way its not like youre goin to be playing a 5000 student college (even though the blues hit like a small college team) youre just playing Richlands. Not like they are something special, only D3 AA state runner up with a Division 1 Running back and line backer. I mean come on, dont act like its the end of the world as we know it.

Trust Me Ive Seen Honaker And Richlands This Year If The Blues Get Off To A Slow Start They Will Lose This Ball Game. D-1 Recruits Or Not This Honaker Team Plays As Just That A "Team" and they are set to have a really good season.

Come on man.. really? I mean aren't you the same guy that picked Pulaski County to beat Richlands last week? ;P.. I don't mean to be arrogant and I understand respecting your opponents, but if Richlands plays half the football they are capable of they win by 2-3 td's at least, have a little faith in the boys in Blue for a change.

Looking at Richland's remaining schedule and trying to determine who would be the toughest opponent left, I believe it might be Honaker? Can anyone tell me how they are doing this year besides their record? Have they beat any quality teams? Are they more of a passing team or running team?

I think Honaker is a solid team this year,the one thing that sticks out to me is they seem alot more balanced on offense.Defense is solid.I just don't know if they can compete with Richlands or not. I sure hope so it will only help both teams in the long run,But for this week Honaker needs to take care of Twin Valley.One another note take it easy on lineman strong if nothing else he really got things going,thats always fun.

First off Honaker does have a solid football team. I know these kids has played Richlands kids for years now through the midget league program in Richlands. That is the reason Honaker's football program is on the up rise. They allways have a solid bunch of kids. As far as Richlands has not fielded a team from Richlands in years i beg to differ pal all the kids you see on the the field is from Richlands. Other than Mike Comptons son every kid has been in a Richlands School for at least Three Years so they are Richlands kids, also Mike compton played football at Richlands high School. If you don't believe me his number is retired from Richlands and he was number 77. lineman strong does not know as much as he thinks he does if Honaker was not playing in the Richlands midget league they would not be as good as they are, Honaker has been playing in the feeder program for Richlands High School i believe this program and the coaching staff at Richlands High School and the hard work of our kids is why Richlands has had the success they have had.As long as Honaker stays in the feeder program at Richlands they will field a solid high school team. With that being said both school owes each other for the success they are having form each other playing them at a smaller level. No matter how linemenstrong tries to spin it these two teams have more in common than people think. Honaker has my respect and i'm sure Honaker has Richlands respect and Richlands has Honaker Respect. I look forward to the game next fridayit will be a good game for both teams Honaker will see what they will face come playoff time. As for the d1 players i love to see any kid from southwestern virginia go on to play ball at the next level all of them.

First off Honaker does have a solid football team. I know these kids has played Richlands kids for years now through the midget league program in Richlands. That is the reason Honaker's football program is on the up rise. They allways have a solid bunch of kids. As far as Richlands has not fielded a team from Richlands in years i beg to differ pal all the kids you see on the the field is from Richlands. Other than Mike Comptons son every kid has been in a Richlands School for at least Three Years so they are Richlands kids, also Mike compton played football at Richlands high School. If you don't believe me his number is retired from Richlands and he was number 77. lineman strong does not know as much as he thinks he does if Honaker was not playing in the Richlands midget league they would not be as good as they are, Honaker has been playing in the feeder program for Richlands High School i believe this program and the coaching staff at Richlands High School and the hard work of our kids is why Richlands has had the success they have had.As long as Honaker stays in the feeder program at Richlands they will field a solid high school team. With that being said both school owes each other for the success they are having form each other playing them at a smaller level. No matter how linemenstrong tries to spin it these two teams have more in common than people think. Honaker has my respect and i'm sure Honaker has Richlands respect and Richlands has Honaker Respect. I look forward to the game next fridayit will be a good game for both teams Honaker will see what they will face come playoff time. As for the d1 players i love to see any kid from southwestern virginia go on to play ball at the next level all of them.

+100000000. That's a great post. And pretty much hits the nail on the head.

Richlands don't need to worry about Honaker. I could correct alot of things but I am going to try and start over. I agree that the more kids from south west VA go on to bigger and better things that is great. As far as "The Mayor" don't correct some one if you don't know what that person knows.

Edited by lineman strong

I agree that I am always happy to see any kid from the area do well for themselves. And as far as the game itself goes, like all other games it will be settled on the field and the best team that night will get the W.

Great post ... Richlands has my respect for what they've accomplished....I always try to make it to some playoff games and watched them in 3 or so championship games, always pullin for my neighbor across the county line ... the only question I have is how long has Honaker been playing in Richlands with the midget league and those little league teams, I didn't think it had really been long enough to say that that is boosting Honaker's varsity program, that's a bit bold. And Honaker has had a good ball team (with maybe exception of a year or two) since around '99. They were great in the Miller era, but then solid after that (again exception of a season or two).

Edited by OrangeStreak

Great post ... Richlands has my respect for what they've accomplished....I always try to make it to some playoff games and watched them in 3 or so championship games, always pullin for my neighbor across the county line ... the only question I have is how long has Honaker been playing in Richlands with the midget league and those little league teams, I didn't think it had really been long enough to say that that is boosting Honaker's varsity program, that's a bit bold. And Honaker has had a good ball team (with maybe exception of a year or two) since around '99. They were great in the Miller era, but then solid after that (again exception of a season or two).

I can't say exactly how long they have been in there, but Im saying its somewhere in the 4-6 years range so yea either way those kids are the ones your starting to see at the high school level, strangely enough Twin Valley entered at the same time if memory serves and while they are not "the team to beat" by any stretch they are getting much more competitive. Everyone can have their own opinion but I believe that a good program does start at the little league level and it does in fact help all those involved, that's the idea anyways.

yeah i have no doubt that the fact that twin valley is in that league with honaker and richlands in the smaller ages has helped them out so much, playing good competition....the problem at twin valley is they don't have the weight program that the other two schools have, can't get kids to get in there and lift....a few here and there but not enough to see a big jump in improvement....and that being said....honaker is pretty good, and i think they will give richlands all they want for at least a half....devon might take over and show his talent and pull richlands to the win

yeah i have no doubt that the fact that twin valley is in that league with honaker and richlands in the smaller ages has helped them out so much, playing good competition....the problem at twin valley is they don't have the weight program that the other two schools have, can't get kids to get in there and lift....a few here and there but not enough to see a big jump in improvement....and that being said....honaker is pretty good, and i think they will give richlands all they want for at least a half....devon might take over and show his talent and pull richlands to the win

Exactly what I was gonna say.... I agree with ditto and others that little league teaches kids skills early and that's important ... I think the difference in Richlands and Honaker is what you said, the weightroom program and gettin kids in there consistantly in the off season... Richlands typically has 50 kids in there regularly (just what I heard from a friend of mine from Richlands) and Honaker averages around 8-10 I think (give or take a couple). I just wasn't sure how long Honaker's little league and midget league had been playin up there in Richlands, I just thought it was 2-3 years, so that's interesting. Didnt knw Twin Valley was involved at all.... good for the kids!!!!