Michael Vick Complaint

blueinbama

Note: Yes, I'm a VT fan however I couldn't care less about Mike Vick in the NFL...don't really care for the NFL but still watch it 'cause there's not much else on on Sunday/Monday.

Anyway, I did watch most of that game. The Giants probably did get away with more hits on the QB than what is typically seen during a normal NFL game. There were some "high shots" on Vick that likely would have drawn a flag had it been Brady, P. Manning, etc....

However, it will be very interesting to see what happens in tonight's game, especially since the Redskins (in particular, Me-lo Hall...another former Hokie) have run their mouths about going after Tony Ho, ummm, Romo and his delicate ribs...

So what do you all think about Michael Vick's rant Sunday about not getting the penalties called his way when he is hit and put on the ground, in his words "on almost every play"?

I think Vick has a valid argument. No way any other QB in the league, aside maybe Newton, gets no calls like that. Is it the style of play? There has to be some sort of explanation.

He does get clobbered an awful lot, but he also holds the ball way too long on some plays. Then when he starts to scramble, he gets nailed, and that's understandable. What's a defense supposed to do when you have a quarterback who can hurt you as much with his legs as he can with his arm? But there have been some plays where he was in the pocket, threw the ball, and then he was leveled...no call. This is a tough one for the officials. But I think he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut and addressing this behind closed doors.

He does get clobbered an awful lot, but he also holds the ball way too long on some plays. Then when he starts to scramble, he gets nailed, and that's understandable. What's a defense supposed to do when you have a quarterback who can hurt you as much with his legs as he can with his arm? But there have been some plays where he was in the pocket, threw the ball, and then he was leveled...no call. This is a tough one for the officials. But I think he would have been better off keeping his mouth shut and addressing this behind closed doors.

Most of the hits he takes are after he has thrown the ball...would draw a flag almost everytime if he had "Brady" or "Manning" on the back of his jersey. He takes more abuse after he throws than any other QB in the league...

So what do you all think about Michael Vick's rant Sunday about not getting the penalties called his way when he is hit and put on the ground, in his words "on almost every play"?

I think it's true...Brady and others would have gotten flags thrown if they were patted on the butt by defenders passing by

I think Vick has a valid complaint, and I also hate watching the Giants using the excuse "its because he is a running qb" Vick has really calmed down to what he used to be as far as running with the ball, and a late hit is a late hit, I don't care what your style of play is.

Most of the hits he takes are after he has thrown the ball...would draw a flag almost everytime if he had "Brady" or "Manning" on the back of his jersey. He takes more abuse after he throws than any other QB in the league...

I'm a tech fan, and I do think he should get more flags for gettin beat around a bit, I guess they are afraid PETA will hate on em for protectin him...lol, but don't whine about it!! What cracked me up is after a couple mins of complaining, he says he wasn't complaining, c'mon man, you're whining!!! Put on your big boy pants and get rid of the ball or take the hit!!!! You're def correct about Brady and Manning gettin some of those calls! Roesthisburger is another that dnt get some of those calls either.. and I for sure aint no Steeler fan!!! I dnt mind seein big R beat around some!!!!!1

I'm a tech fan, and I do think he should get more flags for gettin beat around a bit, I guess they are afraid PETA will hate on em for protectin him...lol, but don't whine about it!! What cracked me up is after a couple mins of complaining, he says he wasn't complaining, c'mon man, you're whining!!! Put on your big boy pants and get rid of the ball or take the hit!!!! You're def correct about Brady and Manning gettin some of those calls! Roesthisburger is another that dnt get some of those calls either.. and I for sure aint no Steeler fan!!! I dnt mind seein big R beat around some!!!!!1

I wouldn't call it complaining, I would call it making a point...

I wouldn't call it complaining, I would call it making a point...

Yep. The situation needs to be made aware to those people who aren't Philly fans or fans of Vick. Maybe the situation will be rectified. I agree that we are throwing flags for silly hits that are legal, but if you do it for one player, do it for them all.

He's damn lucky to still be playing football at this point AT ALL!!! What an egotistical prick he is.....

Yeah. Shame on him for fighting his way back to the top. Get knocked around. Not get calls for it. And express frustration like a human being. Then apologize for it the next day.

vick needs to start running the ball more for two reason, one, he wont get hit as much because he can outrun almost any d-lineman in the league, two, and most importantly my fantasy team will be a lot better off.

vick needs to start running the ball more for two reason, one, he wont get hit as much because he can outrun almost any d-lineman in the league, two, and most importantly my fantasy team will be a lot better off.

I hear ya on the fantasy team, but I bet if ya ask him the DB's and linebackers probably can hit too!!!!!