Clemson vs. VT

vthokies4life

Yes I know i'm just throwing it out there for all the people that think Tech is just going to walk all over Clemson. I personally just want to see a good game. haha

I don't think many fans of Tech expect a blowout. A 10 point win at the most. But no blow out.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Logan Thomas at the helm as QB for Brookville split two state semi games with Richlands.

In 2007, Richlands beat BV in the state semis at Richlands 24-14 with Fuller for the Blues having two interceptions. (Spoke to Logan on the field afterwards a great polite young man). Richlands then lost in the state c'ship game to Monticello.

In 2008, LT and the Bees at BV for the state semis swarmed the Blues. (Richlands had 3 reg. season losses) BV lost in a "shootout" to James Monroe in the state c'ship.

I think LT will be a good QB in his career at Tech...and IMO was the obvious choice of the in-house candidates for the positon.

Clemson won't like the cold weather coming in tech will win crowd will make a diffrence too.

So true. You don't see teams like Florida coming and playing up north because the weather throws them off so bad. Should be interesting to see how the crowd affects both teams. If it's a close one and all the students actually stay past the middle of the 3rd quarter, it'll be a new experience for Logan as well- first time this year, as a matter of fact.

Let's see about the new factors. Weather - 40's, windy with a chance of rain.

This should make it an interesting night.

If it's raining that should give VT the advantage. Rain generally slows down a high octane passing offenses. That will just make the game more intriguing.

The key for Tech is stoping Watkins and Allen. If they can keep those two in check I think they can win this one at home. Clemson can't let that crowd get going early. I think Tech is really pumped for this one. Players and Fans. To me it is like the real start of the year for them. If Tech has some success early I think they win.

They need to run the ball. They have to keep Clemson off the field and control the clock. I think they can. But they are going to have to do it alot of different ways. It is going to be a good game. I can't believe I am typing this but I am pulling for the Hokies. Buddy of mine is going (he has season tickets) and is really excited about this one. This game just feels a little different ,from talking to him, than other big games in the past. Maybe it has to do with Clemson trying to take what Tech has more or less owned in the conference the last ever how many years. Clemson seems to be getting better as a program this year. I guess we will see how much they really have improved today. I think if they go to Lane and win it would really say alot about them.

We will see...

This game reminds me of the last time Clemson came to VT. Clemson came in ranked close to VT. Noone gave VT any chance, and we handed it to them. I'm hoping this game closely resembles that one. I'm watching GameDay and they said Clemson hasn't beaten VT since 1989.

I think the only way Tech blows them out is Boyd blows up. That could happen. He has had some bad plays. He hasn't really been tested on the road in a stadium like Lane will be today. I think Watkins will make some plays for them. But the key will be taking Allen (#83) away from him especially on third down. He is his security blanket and honestly is the best TE i have seen play this year. They will need to pressure him and I think they may be able to get a pick or two.

Also just thought I would mention Coty Sensabaugh (#15) is starting CB for Clemson. Coty played at DB in Kingsport and is a very good kid. Most probably don't care. But thought I would mention that..... He has had a couple picks already for them.

I think the only way Tech blows them out is Boyd blows up. That could happen. He has had some bad plays. He hasn't really been tested on the road in a stadium like Lane will be today. I think Watkins will make some plays for them. But the key will be taking Allen (#83) away from him especially on third down. He is his security blanket and honestly is the best TE i have seen play this year. They will need to pressure him and I think they may be able to get a pick or two.

Also just thought I would mention Coty Sensabaugh (#15) is starting CB for Clemson. Coty played at DB in Kingsport and is a very good kid. Most probably don't care. But thought I would mention that..... He has had a couple picks already for them.

I don't expect a blow out either way. Our offense isn't built to blow people out. And our Defense isn't built to allow a blow out to happen against Tech. I'm really excited about this game

Logan Thomas at the helm as QB for Brookville split two state semi games with Richlands.

In 2007, Richlands beat BV in the state semis at Richlands 24-14 with Fuller for the Blues having two interceptions. (Spoke to Logan on the field afterwards a great polite young man). Richlands then lost in the state c'ship game to Monticello.

In 2008, LT and the Bees at BV for the state semis swarmed the Blues. (Richlands had 3 reg. season losses) BV lost in a "shootout" to James Monroe in the state c'ship.

I think LT will be a good QB in his career at Tech...and IMO was the obvious choice of the in-house candidates for the positon.

Logan may turn out to be a good QB and he is a quality person, but he isn't a great passer right now IMO. He knew the system the best and could manage it the best in house right now. Logan is still throwing the ball high and has a depleated receiving corps. One thing people aren't bringing up is high school football is not college football! No offense to Richlands, Brookville, or any other high school team.

Well kinda thought this game would go this way.VT just aint look good on off

all season struggled against,ECU.Marshall i thought.D pretty good.THE announcer on tv knew more of what needed to be adjusted on off,more than what STinespring knows,saying over and over to send more guys out on routes,instead of leaving peolple in to block.But then again the devensive end was killing them.Well cant win them all tech may get better and see them again in acc championship.But not if they keep playing like tonight.

I agree, was hoping I was wrong but I had been much more impressed with Clemson than I have been with Tech. Hopefully they regroup and come back better, just not sure they have all the pieces they need to do that this year tho.

......Or that we have the worst offensive coordinator in the country. Look at what happend, we give the ball to David Wilson and he gains moementum, then we pull him and bring in Oglesby with a loss then we're forced to punt. We never gave Logan Thomas a chance to throw for more than a screen pass. It's been like this or a while, this is why we can never expect to win big games. Our defense can only hold for so long before you wear them down. As a Tech fan I see potential but not with the staff that we have.

Logan may turn out to be a good QB and he is a quality person, but he isn't a great passer right now IMO. He knew the system the best and could manage it the best in house right now. Logan is still throwing the ball high and has a depleated receiving corps. One thing people aren't bringing up is high school football is not college football! No offense to Richlands, Brookville, or any other high school team.

Agree fully with you that HS football is not college football...not even remotely close. The reason I even posted was b/c a previous post mentioned one of LT's specific games in high school.

I still think LT has the capability to be a good QB. VT fans have to realize this is his first season as a starter and his inexperience at a fast and furious"college pace" was evident in this game. Will he become what the VT coaches envisioned when the decision was made to put him in that prominent role? Way too early to be taking a poll or voting on the unknown...only time will tell.

There were other "pressing" issues too ...Branch was extending his massive "limbs" into VT's backfield and "Branch's happy feet were doing some planting."

Edited by trublue

Well I'm not surprised to come here after a Hokie loss and see all the blame passed to Bryan Stinespring. When you win there are no complaints, but when you lose it's ALL on him. How about giving Clemson some credit for being the better team.

Well I'm not surprised to come here after a Hokie loss and see all the blame passed to Bryan Stinespring. When you win there are no complaints, but when you lose it's ALL on him. How about giving Clemson some credit for being the better team.

Pretty sure any knowledgeable Tech fan is hard on Stiney win or loss. He is a terrible OC. His system would be fine if he would stick to the style. But he never does. Go down by a FG and abandon the run. Blows my mind. Either run the offense correctly or switch to something that works. Even when we win, it's usually not because his gameplan was great.

Pretty sure any knowledgeable Tech fan is hard on Stiney win or loss. He is a terrible OC. His system would be fine if he would stick to the style. But he never does. Go down by a FG and abandon the run. Blows my mind. Either run the offense correctly or switch to something that works. Even when we win, it's usually not because his gameplan was great.

Ok then like I have been saying the last few years, put the blame on the Head Coach Frank Beamer. Beamer calls the shots and if Stiney is so bad then why don't get rid of him? Ohh I know, b/c he is loyal. Ok then why don't you want Beamer gone? Like I said, Clemson was heads and shoulders better than VT. Logan Thomas is a weak QB. You lost. PERIOD!

Ok then like I have been saying the last few years, put the blame on the Head Coach Frank Beamer. Beamer calls the shots and if Stiney is so bad then why don't get rid of him? Ohh I know, b/c he is loyal. Ok then why don't you want Beamer gone? Like I said, Clemson was heads and shoulders better than VT. Logan Thomas is a weak QB. You lost. PERIOD!

There are more misinformed comments in that one post than in this entire thread.

like i said...strength of schedule was a factor..

Wrong. Special teams were terrible. We were out Beamerballed again. We have a TE playing QB, maybe eveyone will stop comparing him to Cam Newton now! Our Offensive Cordinator called a TERRIBLE GAME! Maybe Thomas can be good, but the play calling gave him no chance.