Clemson vs. VT

vthokies4life

Well I'm not surprised to come here after a Hokie loss and see all the blame passed to Bryan Stinespring. When you win there are no complaints, but when you lose it's ALL on him. How about giving Clemson some credit for being the better team.

Absolutely this.

There are more misinformed comments in that one post than in this entire thread.

He is right about Logan Thomas being a weak QB.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely this.

He is right about Logan Thomas being a weak QB.

You mean a first year starting sophomore quarterback?

We always expect the newcomer to come in and fully replace his predecessor.

We hated Noel because he wasn't Vick. We hated Glennon because he wasn't Randall. And we question Logan because he's not Tyrod.

He will get better and win games for us. If ever for a second anyone thought Logan Thomas would step in and start winning big games off the bat, you've completely fooled yourself. Have patience young grasshoppas. Fear not.

Wrong. Special teams were terrible. We were out Beamerballed again. We have a TE playing QB, maybe eveyone will stop comparing him to Cam Newton now! Our Offensive Cordinator called a TERRIBLE GAME! Maybe Thomas can be good, but the play calling gave him no chance.

We have a QB playing QB.

I only have two comments/questions regarding the Clemson game:

1- When is Beamer going to open his eyes and see what everyone else sees...Demler SUCKS...

2- Was Stinespring calling the plays for the offense last night???? Absolutely awful play calling...

Well I'm not surprised to come here after a Hokie loss and see all the blame passed to Bryan Stinespring. When you win there are no complaints, but when you lose it's ALL on him. How about giving Clemson some credit for being the better team.

Clemson's defense looked so "awesome" because VT's O is so predictable...

We have a QB playing QB.

Thomas was a TE until the middle of his junior year when Brookville's starting QB went down with injury. He was recruited his junior year of HS as a TE by VT...

Ok then like I have been saying the last few years, put the blame on the Head Coach Frank Beamer. Beamer calls the shots and if Stiney is so bad then why don't get rid of him?

The only reason I can figure out as to why Beamer hasn't canned Stinespring is Stinespring is Beamer's "love child"...in other words, Shane's got a brother from another mother...

And the o-line still stinks. Wilson got a couple of big runs through the middle, but most of his yards came because he had the ball in space.

I was lambasted for giving my opinion on this thread earlier for not knowing anything more or less about what I was talking about.

I still don't think I was far off. I love VT and always will, but I don't wear orange and maroon glasses either. I see them for what they are.

I didn't even bring up how bad the punting game is this year.

He will get better and win games for us. If ever for a second anyone thought Logan Thomas would step in and start winning big games off the bat, you've completely fooled yourself. Have patience young grasshoppas. Fear not.

You don't read TechSideline, you haven't listened to the media (Kirk Herbstreit's ignorant quote about "America will know his name by October" comes to mind), and you aren't listening to a majority of your fellow fans.

You don't read TechSideline, you haven't listened to the media (Kirk Herbstreit's ignorant quote about "America will know his name by October" comes to mind), and you aren't listening to a majority of your fellow fans.

Most of the fans on the free side of TSL are delusional...there are only a few that you should pay attention to that actually know what they are talking about on the free board. However, there is some real good insight on the subscriber board of TSL...

BTW...Herbstreit rides the "bandwagon of the week" and he did pick Clemson yesterday...

Nice one-point OT win over the Vandals yesterday...you guys needed that otherwise London's bridge would have collapsed...

Most of the fans on the free side of TSL are delusional...there are only a few that you should pay attention to that actually know what they are talking about on the free board. However, there is some real good insight on the subscriber board of TSL...

BTW...Herbstreit rides the "bandwagon of the week" and he did pick Clemson yesterday...

Nice one-point OT win over the Vandals yesterday...you guys needed that otherwise London's bridge would have collapsed...

But the point is that many of your "fans" believe that garbage. That's my point, at least.

Nice jab, but Lord knows you'd rather have a 1-point win against a nobody than a 20-point loss that keeps that hubris known as the "trophy case" empty another year. No one was predicting UVA to be the Coastal Division winner or anything. We're not great; we're a team playing a heap of freshmen/sophomores that have great potential. In short, we're the Graham G-Men of the ACC.

There are more misinformed comments in that one post than in this entire thread.

Actually its pretty arguable that his comments were pretty accurate. Beamer is taking the Phil Fulmer school of coaching, the only difference is Beamer never got the crystal football. Be too loyal and not willing to risk rocking the boat, and you are sacrificing the ability of your program to improve.

Actually its pretty arguable that his comments were pretty accurate. Beamer is taking the Phil Fulmer school of coaching, the only difference is Beamer never got the crystal football. Be too loyal and not willing to risk rocking the boat, and you are sacrificing the ability of your program to improve.

love this^^

But the point is that many of your "fans" believe that garbage. That's my point, at least.

Nice jab, but Lord knows you'd rather have a 1-point win against a nobody than a 20-point loss that keeps that hubris known as the "trophy case" empty another year. No one was predicting UVA to be the Coastal Division winner or anything. We're not great; we're a team playing a heap of freshmen/sophomores that have great potential. In short, we're the Graham G-Men of the ACC.

Wasn't a jab, it was a compliment...any win is a good win when you're struggling.

Hubris known as a trophy case??

Is it so bad to have goals? To set aside a spot for something you wish to achieve?

Thats just a ridiculous rivalry-jab I guess. We lost yesterday. Logan Thomas is the best starting quarterback in Virginia right now and will be for the next three years.

Thomas was a TE until the middle of his junior year when Brookville's starting QB went down with injury. He was recruited his junior year of HS as a TE by VT...

He was a QB before he was a TE. He was a TE because he was athletic enough to be one when he wasn't QB.

He's a QB.

TSL? Do you read TSL? I don't know of any one that I consider decent to read TSL. Why on earth would I read TSL?

The media? The same media that overhypes us at the beginning of each year? No thanks, I don't pay attention to that either.

A majority of my own fellow fans? I feel I know more of a majority of my fans than you would and a clear majority are level headed. Don't believe what you read on TSL man. Don't read TSL, for that matter.

Nor a TE. As is commonly thought.

Originally, his junior year of high school, yes, he was being recruited as a TE. When he moved to QB due to injury his junior year, he was recruited/signed as "ATH". He was never recruited by VT as a true "QB"...

BTW, Marcus Davis WAS recruited to VT as a "QB"...he's now a WR...

One of the worst games I have ever seen VT play.

Offense was clueless.

Defense played great, holding Clemson to 23 points with the athletes that have is a strong effort.

Dabo saved his job by hiring Chad Morris, that guy knows how to run an offense.

VT will have trouble winning the coastal this year

One of the worst games I have ever seen VT play.

Offense was clueless.

Defense played great, holding Clemson to 23 points with the athletes that have is a strong effort.

Dabo saved his job by hiring Chad Morris, that guy knows how to run an offense.

VT will have trouble winning the coastal this year

Nodding my head sadly...