Falcons @ Richlands!!

Nadoball

Guest king kone

I don't want to hear no excuses about cramps, migraines and the such after Friday nite.......or about how great the middle school team will be in 4 years.........the vortex is waiting on y'all..........

I don't want to hear no excuses about cramps, migraines and the such after Friday nite.......or about how great the middle school team will be in 4 years.........the vortex is waiting on y'all..........

Someone needs to put that on a shirt. "The vortex is waiting..." would be a killer shirt idea. And I'm sure it would sell.

Guest king kone
Someone needs to put that on a shirt. "The vortex is waiting..." would be a killer shirt idea. And I'm sure it would sell.

That is a good idea......may have to run that one by the screen printers......

I don't that there will be much excitement on friday night for this one,as stated before it will be over by halftime, if it takes that long. I did hear that the Falcons lost their starting RB a couple weeks ago, not that I think it would affect the outcome, but you hate to hear about season ending injuries.

Yeah, we lost Widener. Wouldn't have made much difference in this game though. One player can't win a game. He is definitely pretty tough kid though. He ran the ball 38 times in the game he went down in. 38 frickin times...geez..now you know why I complain about our coaching staff. He had gone down earlier in the game ...came out for a couple of plays...went back in only to tear his ACL and MCL. Now that's smart coaching there boy. Anyway, as I said a few weeks ago, it's going to be a long season for AHS fans...and it has been and will continue to be. 56-0 is being kind. As far as the excuses go...I will never do that...but our RB's have cramped the last couple of games because they are being run to death. And, and its a big and, our stating QB was out this past week...don't know his status for this week against you guys but he hasn't been all that impressive anyway. But the 2 deep is a Soph with a cannon for an arm....but can't hit the broad side of a barn from 10 feet. He may eventually get comfortable..but all you guys have to do is load about 7 or 8 in the box. The Pennings kid is a hard runner with only decent speed...but he will run as hard as anybody. Only real bright spot since Widener went down. So, no excuses, but please know that me and man others know that with a different coaching staff we would be a little bit more competitive. Not saying we would beat you guys this week...but the score would be a lot closer than 56-0. And to all the other AHS fans, don't worry...I didn't tell these guys anything the coaching staff hasn't seen on film already.

Edited by BigO

Well, as I said I hate to hear about any of the kids getting injured, but as of yet.. the Richlands coaching staff hasn't contacted me to see what information I have to tell them ;) so all the other AHS fans can rest easy tonight!

Whew! Tell them we have a passing machine at QB...at least give us a fighing chance. But seriously, I know you guys are tired of hearing about our upcoming talent...but we do have so coming in the next couple of years. We will at least be competitive in about 2 years. Will make for more exciting games with you guys. Nobody gets excited over repeated blowouts....gets boring for both sides, ya know? We will finally have some size and speed at the skills. I truly hope we get a young, motivated coach and he gets some of the players that quit to come back.

Big O is right. If we can get the fiasco that we call a coaching staff straightened out, we will have the athletes to compete. We have 7 or 8 freshmen that would start on most varsity teams. For whatever reason we refuse to put the best 11 on the field. It is a shame to be one of the largest schools south of Roanoke and not be at least competitive. Maybe one day.

Well I agree, I hope your guys talent does pan out, because close games are more fun to watch, and I really think both teams are able to improve much more from competitive games.

Guest king kone

Watched disc of Abingdon before they lost their running back last nite.......they scored 3 points......need I say more........

I will not be listening to the Richlands game tonight on the net and just wanted to say... GO BLUES!!! A safe trip to the Ernie for the TRUE Abingdon fans and players...hoping for no injuries for either team.

I will be attending the Buford (8-0)/Greater ATL Christian (7-0) game tonight. Both teams are undefeated... and Buford is playing toward their FIFTH consecutive Georgia AA football title. (Buford ranked #1, GAC #3 in GA AA.)

Buford has current players committed to Bama, two to LSU (GAC has a former player now starting at center for LSU, T-Bob Hebert) UVA, Vandy, Air Force and more being sought after by D1 schools (note all the offers for Freitag who isn't committed.) http://rivals.yahoo.com/gavarsity/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2012&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Buford+high+school (CNN/SI has Buford ranked #9 in nation, Rivals High #18)

GAC has one player committed to GA Tech, he is an AJC super 11 player this year. I will be wearing my GAC attire and cheering they get the "tall" job done against the Wolves.

Hoping someone (Elliot, Ryan, BTFan ... :)) posts the Richlands updates throughout the game on the appropriate thread so, I can read later tonight. GO BLUES !!!

I will not be listening to the Richlands game tonight on the net and just wanted to say... GO BLUES!!! A safe trip to the Ernie for the TRUE Abingdon fans and players...hoping for no injuries for either team.

I will be attending the Buford (8-0)/Greater ATL Christian (7-0) game tonight. Both teams are undefeated... and Buford is playing toward their FIFTH consecutive Georgia AA football title. (Buford ranked #1, GAC #3 in GA AA.)

Buford has current players committed to Bama, two to LSU (GAC has a former player now starting at center for LSU, T-Bob Hebert) UVA, Vandy, Air Force and more being sought after by D1 schools (note all the offers for Freitag who isn't committed.) http://rivals.yahoo.com/gavarsity/football/recruiting/recruit-search-results?year=2012&sport_id=1&sport=football&keywords=Buford+high+school (CNN/SI has Buford ranked #9 in nation, Rivals High #18)

GAC has one player committed to GA Tech, he is an AJC super 11 player this year. I will be wearing my GAC attire and cheering they get the "tall" job done against the Wolves.

Hoping someone (Elliot, Ryan, BTFan ... :)) posts the Richlands updates throughout the game on the appropriate thread so, I can read later tonight. GO BLUES !!!

I actually won't be there tonight. Helping out the Farmers Daughter corn maze tonight and tomorrow night as an actor in the Haunted Cornmaze. If you aren't going to the slaughter of the birds, you should come out. Gonna be a blast!!!

So I'll be getting updates through here as well.

I actually won't be there tonight. Helping out the Farmers Daughter corn maze tonight and tomorrow night as an actor in the Haunted Cornmaze. If you aren't going to the slaughter of the birds, you should come out. Gonna be a blast!!!

So I'll be getting updates through here as well.

Ryan, you didn't miss much. It was 49-3 at the half. Abingdon scored their lone TD against the subs with 5 seconds left in the game. Their FG was due to a muffed punt at the RHS 28 yd line. The Blues could have scored as much as they wanted, but coach Mance pulled the starters in the third quarter.

Congrats to my BIG BLUES for "hanging in there" :) against SB and FconM's team and getting the W... for the rest of the TRUE Abingdon players and fans no disrespect intended.

Well, my other team, GAC didn't fare very well against Buford. Buford was leading 21-0 with 2:00ish mins. left in game and punched it in for the final score of 28-0. As I stated in my previous post, it was gonna be a "tall" order to beat a team of this caliber...at times, it looked like a good small college team (which they are with all the D1 commits) against a good high school team. I'm gonna go "out on a limb" :D and say Buford will collect their fifth consecutive GA AA title this year.

I wore my GAC attire and also, had my "lightning" R displayed for my Blues. Was getting text updates of Richlands, Giles games...thanks mbw and lbb. Thanks to tbgfan for all the posted updates on this site for later viewing on the game.

Edited by trublue

Guest king kone
Congrats to my BIG BLUES for "hanging in there" :) against SB and FconM's team and getting the W... for the rest of the TRUE Abingdon players and fans no disrespect intended.

Well, my other team, GAC didn't fare very well against Buford. Buford was leading 21-0 with 2:00ish mins. left in game and punched it in for the final score of 28-0. As I stated in my previous post, it was gonna be a "tall" order to beat a team of this caliber...at times, it looked like a good small college team (which they are with all the D1 commits) against a good high school team. I'm gonna go "out on a limb" :D and say Buford will collect their fifth consecutive GA AA title this year.

I wore my GAC attire and also, had my "lightning" R displayed for my Blues. Was getting text updates of Richlands, Giles games...thanks mbw and lbb. Thanks to tbgfan for all the posted updates on this site for later viewing on the game.

The Wolves are always one tough bunch.......wonder how many ex-NFL players sons they currently have.......

The Wolves are always one tough bunch.......wonder how many ex-NFL players sons they currently have.......

I don't think any current Buford players have NFL dads.

C.J. Moore, UVA commit, is a nephew of Gail Deavers 3 time Olympic gold medalist. His mother ran track at UCLA and his father played football and ran track at Cal St. N.Ridge. C.J. is also the reigning GA AA 100 meter champion with a 10.89 time.

Vadal Alexander, LSU commit, Dad played football at Nichols State.

Dillon Lee, Alabama commit, selected to play in 2012 U.S. Army All American Bowl, has an older bro. Dallas that plays FB for the GA Dawgs.

I didn't do any more "look up" about the Buford players or team. I just know they're BIG, Real and VERY good.

Buford High School is in a unique situtation for sports. They are an independent city school system...not a part of the Gwinnett CPS. Therefore, anyone living outside of their district, a non-resident can pay a yearly tution of $2,000.00 and you're a Buford student vs. the tution for upper grade students at Greater ATL Christian (a private school) is higher.

Buford and GAC are the only two AA schools in Gwinnett County and are rivals...but Buford is the KING on the football side of it.

Hey, as for former NFL players' sons, Richlands has a dang good one and we're proud to have him. GO BLUES.

When you live in such a populated metro area as this, you recognize how totally awesome (IMO) it is for some of the top FB programs in SWVA/WV to perform at the level they do year after year...very proud of my native area.

Edited by trublue