5 top wide recievers in Southwest VA

wave316

Ben Rife at Grundy is one of the best, kid can catch anything close to him....but, he's stuck playing QB this year and half of last year after Kelly went out with a knee injury. Not just saying that because i'm from Grundy...he's really that good...if he played for Carroll County I'd still say he was one of the best.

Guest bigdaddyd50
Well I will say this 23 his name by the way is Bryan Salyer from Lebanon is a heck of a receiver if they just passed the ball! He always get positive yards on every pass! Glad to see him on the list!

biased much? daddy?

dillion o'quinn from grundy is a good wide receiver for grundy too

Ben is the best receiver on that team. Too bad Grundy doesn't have a QB so they could utilize both Ben Rife and Dylan Oquinn.

dillion o'quinn from grundy is a good wide receiver for grundy too

early on i would have agreed with you, but poor O'Quinn has really struggled the last couple of weeks...he has come up with some key plays when they needed it but he's had a lot hit him in the hands and not been able to hang on for some reason. I told Ben he was going to have to make it more difficult...lol...O'Quinn has no problem making a circus catch that would be on anyone's highlight reel, that's for sure.

They will need him to be top form tomorrow night...big time players come up big in big time games...there is none bigger this year for Grundy as far as I'm concerned...they will find out what they are made of tomorrow night.

yeah dye is a tight end...if stanley from haysi was taller like waynick from hurley he could be legit number one and probably have offers from some pretty big schools....runs his routes perfectly and has great hands

You hit the nail on the head, Stanley is a very good WR. He understands how to play the position (how to run routes, how to sell fakes, etc)better than anyone I have personally seen. Hes just not physicially dominating, if he was taller he would be #1 w/o a doubt but he still belongs on a top 5 list.

You don't see alot of taller WR's running great routes or having the best hands. They use their size to their advantage. The smaller WR's don't have that luxury, so they make up with it in great route running and solid hands. Of course their are some exceptions, that is how it generally goes.

yea you got that right , the greenwave roll into town friday evening. Greenwave. talking about recievers what about turner #5 ,he leads southwest virginia in receptions,4th in recieving yards and 5th in yards per catch .kids just a freshman

Yes Austin Turner ...is having a great yr.. good hands and fast feet... will need more great plays from Austin down the stretch as playoffs are not to far away!

Number 5 from Union, Nathan Baker. This kid has some amazing hands, we just dont have a qb to get him the ball. Against Lee, Richlands, and Lebanon we got the ball to him and he showed how good he is. Since those games his stats have went down because Union's qb stares him down and he gets double teams from it. Nathan is talented though. Number 8 from Richlands has good hands and good speed too. I was also impressed with 23 from lebanon but he dont get it thrown his way alot

Those that have all of that play at the next level.

Yep. When you find a kid that has all the ability, if he has the drive and determination, you get a Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss type.