best way to go to Mt View from Bluefield?

Lance

All the times that Bluefield played there over the years I've only been one time and will never go back.

I landed on that "airstrip" back in 2001 flying in a Cessna with a customer of ours. The most scary thing to me was trying to figure out who he was talking to when he was telling the guy that he was about to land! I'm thinking it must be someone living in the highest elevation house around who gets up from his chair to go look outside to see if there is anything else around. "Nah, I don't see nuthin, bring it on in here!"

ok...so i will take the scenic route lol....now, those directions are to the HS, is the field not at the HS? Where the hell is it?????

Go to www.googlemaps.com. Search for Welch, WV. Find where Rt. 16 and Rt. 52 intersect, southwest of Welch...zoom in. That is the football field for Mt. View. Both Rt. 16 and Rt. 52, although they look close, sit high above the stadium. The field is down in a hole.

Notice...no parking. Now, zoom out. See that "shopping center" west of the stadium on Rt. 52??? That's where I parked the last time there...had to walk down Rt. 52, in the dark, with cars flying by at 55mph, to get to the stadium. Kinda scary, to say the least.

Seriously, skip this trip...

Honestly, the real value of this facility is as a curiosity. To provide some perspective....my father played high school football on the same field in the 1950s. I'm sure that it hasn't changed much since then, and I'm positive that it hasn't been improved.

Unless someone absolutely had to make the trip, skipping the game isn't bad advice at all.

the best way to mt. view football field is route 16 north from tazewell to welch. field is located at intersection of rt. 52 and rt. 16. either way you go is going to be narrow lanes and a lot of curves. probably around 35 to 40 miles on rt 16 from tazewell to welch. drive thru towns at posted speed limits. good luck.

I would suggest a pregame meal at Big Daddy's. It's just North of Tazewell on 16. You won't be disappointed if you do eat there.

I'm a big man and i lived in Tazewell for a while...i have a long standing great appreciation for Big Daddy's lol.

Perhaps we're being a bit harsh in our assessments here. When you think about it, finding 58,000 square feet of flat land in that part of McDowell is a pretty major accomplishment in and of itself.

That field's the only thing on that facility that's flat. Even it's not entirely flat.

If the good Lord wanted to give the world an enema..he would stick the nozzle at the 50 yard line of that place.

El Em Eh Oh.

I would suggest a pregame meal at Big Daddy's. It's just North of Tazewell on 16. You won't be disappointed if you do eat there.

Ate there last week... Steak Night. It wasn't Outback, but it was still great. Can't beat it for less than $10 either...

Another option would be if you searched the address for Magic Mart in Welch... The field is like 200 yards down the road from there... But definitely best option would be to get on 16 at Tazewell and go "straight" from there. I hated that field... I honestly thought it was funny cause my freshman year when Graham played there the field was so "moist" and was like it had been raining on the field for days... Yet there had been no rain in weeks..... I figure Grundy would have no issue with Mt. View unless they can't play in the mud.