Tazewell's Future

maizenbluedoc

It is obvious that Tazewell had a abysmal season. I do not live in the area, so what are the feelings that the program can recover next year? From what I can gleen from other posters, there appears to be some internal problems within the team. Any thoughts?

The only problems are the parents who think they run the program and the kids who don't think they have to follow the Head Coach's directions...

Get rid of that and Tazewell will be fine...

The problem is you have had a few coaches throughout the years who have ran players off. You have had several dads come in and coach who play their kids over kid that should be playing. In return the kids who have been treated like that don't come back out the next year. Why do off season workouts and practice everyday just for someone that isn't as good as you start over you becasue their dad is there. It has been going on so long the program is about to the point of no return. I think things will get better, they can't get any worse than 0-10. I hope coach tate stays it wont be fixed over night.

The problem is you have had a few coaches throughout the years who have ran players off. You have had several dads come in and coach who play their kids over kid that should be playing. In return the kids who have been treated like that don't come back out the next year. Why do off season workouts and practice everyday just for someone that isn't as good as you start over you becasue their dad is there. It has been going on so long the program is about to the point of no return. I think things will get better, they can't get any worse than 0-10. I hope coach tate stays it wont be fixed over night.

I'm interested to know what coaches had kids playing all these years?

Will the school keep Tate next year?

Coach Tate is exactly what this community needs to turn the program around. Someone that will not be told who to play or what the rules are for different people. I bet there are a few parents in town that have figured out to keep their mouths shut, don't hang out at the fieldhouse, don't be nothing more than a supporter of the team, the coaches and the community. Its a hard lesson to learn but its NOT about YOU! Go Dawgs!

I think the bigger question at this point is will Tate want to remain at Tazewell after this year...I sure as heck wouldn't.

I think we are going to beg him to stay. I hope he does but nothing here holding him, that is what worries me. The job is his if he wants to stay. No on expected him to turn the team around in one year. I really thought if we won 2 or 3 games it would be more than could be hoped for. If he leaves after one year and we have to go with 4 coaches in 4 years we might as well close up shop.

From what I hear, the young men who are still with the team have bought into Tate and what he is teaching. He is also making sure that the Middle School coaches are part of the program too.

I think things will get better, they can't get any worse than 0-10. I hope coach tate stays it wont be fixed over night.

I too think Tazewell will be back, but things could be worse than 0-10, you could have no football program at all .... Y'all T-Town folks keep your heads up, it'll all turn around eventually!!!