My Shocking prediction..

wave316

This prediction is for the boys from Graham who have picked it up greatly in the last few games of their season ...This is also for G-Man... Graham shocks Grayson County --14-13-- and moves on to play another day:)

This prediction is for the boys from Graham who have picked it up greatly in the last few games of their season ...This is also for G-Man... Graham shocks Grayson County --14-13-- and moves on to play another day:)

lmao you must be on some good stuff there..... no way it happens

You know, when I saw the pairings, I thought the same thing and would love nothing more than for that to happen!

However, I quit daydreaming and quickly snapped back to reality...Graham will have to play their best and Grayson will have to be off their game for it to be within two TDs...

But, all is good. These kids really grew up this season and with Coach Williams guiding the ship, the future is very bright. Now is a good time to be a Graham fan!!!

Must be some good stuff growing in Grundy...

Graham's just not ready yet. It would take Graham's absolute best and Grayson's absolute worst for Graham to advance.

Graham's just not ready yet. It would take Graham's absolute best and Grayson's absolute worst for Graham to advance.

He's from Clintwood, not Grundy....but, that said...I'm sure Grundy has some of the areas finest lol.

lmao you must be on some good stuff there..... no way it happens

Hey Canes00 ,actually I'm on some halloween candy ...nestle crunch bars..lol and daring to dream that the unlikely can happen ....So I'm going to be daring once again and say...Graham 14-13 over Grayson County...:)

Hey Canes00 ,actually I'm on some halloween candy ...nestle crunch bars..lol and daring to dream that the unlikely can happen ....So I'm going to be daring once again and say...Graham 14-13 over Grayson County...:)

hey take it easy with the candy it is making you delusional lol

hey take it easy with the candy it is making you delusional lol

Do you think somebody poisoned my candy...lol..there are still some whackos in the world.... lol.. I remember yrs ago someone poisioning folks who took tylenol..which led to new sealed tops on bottles of Tylenol....but with that being said...I want to see an underdog bring down Goliath.. Graham 14 -Grayson 13 .. shocking all in SWVA!

UVA--anything is possible...that's the beauty of life ...a play here ,a play there, ....who can say... As far as what's growing in Grundy ...not sure ..unless there's growing anticipation that the Golden Wave can take down the mighty Appomattox boys ...and cause Lance to buy tons of extra film for his camera to shoot photos for round 2!:)

Anything could happen and when I reviewed the pairings I was glad Graham remained as the number 15 seed. I was also glad to see Grayson as the opponent. I am simply going on the theory that it is hard to beat a team twice in one season. Again, this is just a theory and not a given. Anyway, win or lose this week, Graham seems to be exactly where Graham needs to be ... on the horizon! It is indeed exciting again to be a Graham fan. My friends on the Virginia side are certainly buzzing about this football team even though their record is only 5-5. That is great to witness and the team, the school, and the community certainly deserves this. Good luck G-Men! Congrats on a very successful season.

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Anything could happen and when I reviewed the pairings I was glad ended up where they did at the number 15 seed. I was also glad to see Grayson as the opponent. I sure hope that you are right and the G-Men send a message to to all of Virginia. Anyway, win or lose this week, Graham seems to be exactly where Graham needs to be ... on the horizon! It is indeed exciting again to be a Graham fan. Good luck G-Men!

You know Ft.Chiswell had Grayson County 40-39 with a couple of minutes left in the game...then Grayson got a saftey and won 41-40... What would everyone had said if FC had won 40-39...so could Graham win 14-13.... it could happen... Strangers things have happened ... James Madison beat VT last yr....who saw that happening.. :)

The year Richlands got their ASS kicked by LT and Brookeville Im thinking 2007, we lost to Powell Valley which went on to have a record of 2-8, we had 7 turnovers in that game and they beat us something like 34-7?

Wow, a 2-8 PV beat you guys 34-7....just shows ...anything can happen! Remember Appalachain St. beating Michigan at the Big House ..couple of yrs ago...David versus Goliath... The gamblers and the computer ratings folks would have had Goliath in a lock to kill David... Giant over 9ft 6 inches tall was slain by a ruddy youth... Heart and determination and a few breaks can win games many would say are unwinnable!!:)

most of the time things go as you expect...but every now and then strange things happen...one of the things i like best about high school football is that any team can win at any given time...you just never know....Grundy just played an 0-9 team last week that almost pulled off the upset...and it wasn't really that Grundy played bad either...they were just in the zone and making plays...the WR for Mt. View had at least 4 or 5 one handed catches on broken plays that went for huge yards...that kid had a one game highlight reel kinda night....it happens sometimes.

You know Ft.Chiswell had Grayson County 40-39 with a couple of minutes left in the game...then Grayson got a saftey and won 41-40... What would everyone had said if FC had won 40-39...so could Graham win 14-13.... it could happen... Strangers things have happened ... James Madison beat VT last yr....who saw that happening.. :)

If FC wins that game, Graham doesn't make it. Interesting food for thought...

If FC wins that game, Graham doesn't make it. Interesting food for thought...

Very interesting indeed! Never looked at it that way until your post. Although I was pulling for Fort Chiswell (always taking the underdog here) during that game, the reality vaulted Graham into the playoffs. This only proves ... be careful for what you wish for! Anyway, I just hope that Graham does more than just show up this Friday night. An upset here would be icing on the cake for those young men wearing the cardinal and gold. I am very excited about the future of Graham football as it appears to be very bright and very promising. Most importantly, the community, and the school itself, is once again aware that they do indeed have something to be proud. The wait has been long and the outcome in Bluefield, Virginia will be well deserved. Good luck to Graham and ALL the other fine schools of Southwest Virginia that will be playing in the first round this weekend. Hopefully, you will ALL show the rest of the state how football is really played ... Southwest Virginia style!

My bet is this will be a closer game than expected. Although, Grayson Co. coming off the loss from Galax might have a little fire in there belly. I think Grayson comes out fired up but this will be closer than what some think. Grayson by 2 touchdowns, at least. Will be good for the Graham boys to see how they've progressed, and the experience of playing a Grayson will be good experience to take into the off-season too.

My bet is this will be a closer game than expected. Although, Grayson Co. coming off the loss from Galax might have a little fire in there belly. I think Grayson comes out fired up but this will be closer than what some think. Grayson by 2 touchdowns, at least. Will be good for the Graham boys to see how they've progressed, and the experience of playing a Grayson will be good experience to take into the off-season too.

I agree with this. I want to see how much Graham has progressed throughout the season. I think they finally found what works best for them late in the season...I believe Graham makes it a closer game, but I'd be surprised (and delighted) if they win....They have a lot of confidence going into this one.

I saw a Tazewell team beat a Graham team back in 99 (I think) in the first round....after Graham had destroyed them in the regular season...

Stranger crap has happened. Let's face it... Graham almost made the playoffs last year with a 1-9 record.

Honestly, I don't think Graham will do it. As far as Grayson being overrated, blame the press. Grayson has had an amazing season, and that in itself was a big shock to most. No one expected Grayson to do what they've done this season. Galax has lived up to expectation, but Grayson was only supposed to be a decent team and was a surprise. That being said, I think the G-Men will put up a better fight this time around, but I think Grayson takes it by 20+ points.

Honestly, I don't think Graham will do it. As far as Grayson being overrated, blame the press. Grayson has had an amazing season, and that in itself was a big shock to most. No one expected Grayson to do what they've done this season. Galax has lived up to expectation, but Grayson was only supposed to be a decent team and was a surprise. That being said, I think the G-Men will put up a better fight this time around, but I think Grayson takes it by 20+ points.

Would Grayson defeat Galax if they had a chance to play in a re=match...Was Galax physical, speedy, ===What is Galax's three main stengths?