My Shocking prediction..

wave316

Would Grayson defeat Galax if they had a chance to play in a re=match...Was Galax physical, speedy, ===What is Galax's three main stengths?

They have a very stingy defense, with a little bit of size, and some speed to go with it. Their running game is solid, and their passing game is better than most know because they usually run the ball so well. They have one tall receiver (he's around 6'5) that can burn you if your not careful. If Grayson had defended the pass a little better, and converted on the few opportunities they had, they might have had a chance. If they were to play them again, they could do it, but some changes would have to be made. One thing that could work is hitting them with some short range passing. Galax has a solid pass rush, and if you can off-set that with some quick passes, you have a shot at spreading them out a bit, I believe.

They have a very stingy defense, with a little bit of size, and some speed to go with it. Their running game is solid, and their passing game is better than most know because they usually run the ball so well. They have one tall receiver (he's around 6'5) that can burn you if your not careful. If Grayson had defended the pass a little better, and converted on the few opportunities they had, they might have had a chance. If they were to play them again, they could do it, but some changes would have to be made. One thing that could work is hitting them with some short range passing. Galax has a solid pass rush, and if you can off-set that with some quick passes, you have a shot at spreading them out a bit, I believe.

I think BlueDevil94 is on target. It's always tough to beat a good team a second time around but I still give Galax the edge. They are solid in most phases of the game. Biggest challenge for Galax in the playoff's is a team that matches them athelete for athelete, but does not have key players going both ways. If you get to watch them in person...#45 is fun to watch.

If you get to watch them in person...#45 is fun to watch.

I said the same thing 6 weeks ago on another thread on this site. He may be the best FOOTBALL PLAYER in the MED. His name is Frankie Shalabi and he is a beast.

On a side note, how stacked COULD this Galax team be. Salem QB Matt Hill, Grayson RB Xavier Rodriguez and Carroll QB Conner Lundy were all Galax students just a couple of years ago.

yes but on a side note Jordan Vaughn lives in Grayson Co. and Fisher went to elementary in Grayson up to 5th or 6th grade. I believe Lundy currently resides in Grayson County.

yes but on a side note Jordan Vaughn lives in Grayson Co. and Fisher went to elementary in Grayson up to 5th or 6th grade. I believe Lundy currently resides in Grayson County.

You must remember that city of Galax (twin counties) is split by Carroll and Grayson counties. When I lived in Galax (few miles outside of town) it was Grayson county. Not sure what poster "Dukey" is suggesting by saying about these players (J. Vaughn, Fisher) that they live in Grayson County. You either live in Grayson or Carroll counties if you go to Galax schools, since the town itself is split by these two counties. You could be on one side of the street and be in Grayson and on the other side and be in Carroll.

Edited by sportsfan

I said the same thing 6 weeks ago on another thread on this site. He may be the best FOOTBALL PLAYER in the MED. His name is Frankie Shalabi and he is a beast.

On a side note, how stacked COULD this Galax team be. Salem QB Matt Hill, Grayson RB Xavier Rodriguez and Carroll QB Conner Lundy were all Galax students just a couple of years ago.

Sixcat: What is the size on 45 Frankie Shalabi? I could only find a roster with a weight of 6'1" 205 for him. He sure seems more like 230 to me or plays like he is bigger than 205. Is there an accurate roster for Galax somewhere online?

Sixcat: What is the size on 45 Frankie Shalabi? I could only find a roster with a weight of 6'1" 205 for him. He sure seems more like 230 to me or plays like he is bigger than 205. Is there an accurate roster for Galax somewhere online?

http://roanoke.com/timesland/roster.aspx?tid=60&school=125352&syid=7

This one is not very accurate I don't believe but the only one I found. I am 6' tall and he is an inch, maybe 2 taller than me. As for weight, I would guess 205-210 would be very accurate.

Edit to add...Frankie also placed very highly (4th I believe) in the state wrestling tournament last winter in his first year ever wrestling.

Edited by sixcat

Jacob Fisher lives a few houses down the street from me and walks to school every day. I live a block from the high school. I find it hard to believe but don't know for certain about where Fisher went to school in 5th or 6th grade but he transferred into Galax from a school near Fayetteville, NC. I don't know where Jordan lives but his older brother also played sports at Galax in the mid to late 90's and is a current city police officer. Conner Lundy lives in West Galax and attended Galax schools through 8th grade. West Galax falls inside the city limits but is in the Grayson County voting district and the opposite side of Galax from Carroll, where he attends.

With all of this said, it is all a mute point since all the kids mentioned are legal to play sports at their respective schools. Galax is an independent city and falls on the border between Grayson and Carroll Counties. The only point I was trying to make was Galax could have had some more great athletes on an already loaded team.

agreed sixcat ...not suggesting any residence illiegalities just engaging in some "what ifs" also. I think we both agree there are some really good football players in this area at the moment and Shalabi may be the best all around player.

agreed sixcat ...not suggesting any residence illiegalities just engaging in some "what ifs" also. I think we both agree there are some really good football players in this area at the moment and Shalabi may be the best all around player.

I agree. He wont get any publicity given the positions he plays and he is not a flashy player but I guarantee opposing coaches want to know where he is on the field all the time.

Not sure what all the hype is with Graham but wish them luck friday as they will need alot of it. They beat a very young team in Bland that started 8 freshmen and soph on D and O last friday and most of the season. And only have 3 juniors that see considerable amount of playing time. Then beat a Fort team that was a surprise but from what I hear this was suppose to be a down year for them also. Then to close out the season with 0-10 Narrows. Hate that for Narrows, I wouldn't wish an 0-10 season on anyone. Again good luck to the G-Men but Grayson is still 2 TDs better or more as banged up as they are.

I think the hype with Graham is that we are winning games that we should win now. Under our former head coach and his right hand man we didn't win these games despite having some pretty decent talent. Graham fans are excited to see our team going in the right direction again.

Not sure what all the hype is with Graham but wish them luck friday as they will need alot of it. They beat a very young team in Bland that started 8 freshmen and soph on D and O last friday and most of the season. And only have 3 juniors that see considerable amount of playing time. Then beat a Fort team that was a surprise but from what I hear this was suppose to be a down year for them also. Then to close out the season with 0-10 Narrows. Hate that for Narrows, I wouldn't wish an 0-10 season on anyone. Again good luck to the G-Men but Grayson is still 2 TDs better or more as banged up as they are.

"Well, who the hell are we supposed to be hyping, you mo-ron..."

Stork.gif

Just saying the teams you beat are not good. You lost to a Princeton team thats wasn't very good either you had a close game with a poor tazewell team aswell, Marion again not good, G-Men not good. Congrats to those players that are winning some games but the G-Men are no where near the talent they use to have and I don't see it in the coming years. They will be better and win many games but not as good or comparable to teams of the past.

Just saying the teams you beat are not good. You lost to a Princeton team thats wasn't very good either you had a close game with a poor tazewell team aswell, Marion again not good, G-Men not good.

Pissin' off The GMan, not good...BAN HAMMER, NOT GOOD...

banhammer-shirt_large.png?100007

Just saying the teams you beat are not good. You lost to a Princeton team thats wasn't very good either you had a close game with a poor tazewell team aswell, Marion again not good, G-Men not good. Congrats to those players that are winning some games but the G-Men are no where near the talent they use to have and I don't see it in the coming years. They will be better and win many games but not as good or comparable to teams of the past.

You're right, teams definitely cannot improve throughout the course of a season. Teams are exactly the same on the final day of the season as they are on the first day of training camp. How stupid of us all to fail to see this...

You're right, teams definitely cannot improve throughout the course of a season. Teams are exactly the same on the final day of the season as they are on the first day of training camp. How stupid of us all to fail to see this...

That's right! How dare we think that a team could get better with 10 games played with each other and time to gel. I mean, obviously Richlands isn't any better than they were when they had that close game at Union.

Graham has improved. We haven't exactly won against "great" teams, but we would have lost to a few had we not improved and did lose to Marion last season. I for one am very proud of the results of the football season and they have improved considerably from the beginning of the season. Lord, its hard to believe that some people want to smack a team around that made the playoffs without a 2-8/3-7 record or worse. I for one am very proud. I just hope we play hard tonight and put ourselves in a position to win/be competitive. Anything is possible.

Graham has come a long way since the beginning of this season. They had to learn a new coach and find what works for them. They are undersized and youthful and IMO have had a very successful season. The seniors that they have, have stepped up and become leaders, can't really ask for much more than that. I think they have exceeded expectations.