Burton vs. Honaker

rebel1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hokieFRED

I can't understand why Burton didn't give Miles the ball more. This was my first Burton game of the year, but the kid looks like a beast. Honaker had a hard time stopping him once he got little momentum. I know he was a little banged up but if you have a horse like that, you have to ride it. Burton should have won that game!

From what ive seen from JIB over the years they rely on the WBs, the FB/HB plays off of that. Doesent matter who they have back there. They have probably given the ball to that position more this season than ever before.

So, for the people that attended the game. Is JIB blazing fast like everyone said?

Edited by redtiger

I can't understand why Burton didn't give Miles the ball more. This was my first Burton game of the year, but the kid looks like a beast. Honaker had a hard time stopping him once he got little momentum. I know he was a little banged up but if you have a horse like that, you have to ride it. Burton should have won that game!

i guess when you see the stats in the paper tomorrow ,you will get a better understanding maybe.

Edited by fridaynightfun

Missed this one by a mile..Congrats Honaker..

Legends, not only in mind but in the enitire Honaker team.

As far as no defense, defense stopped them when they needed to. They do have lots of speed but again, speed don't kill it's the sudden stop that gets you. I'm glad ya'll have so little confidence in Honaker, it makes it sweeter when I see post like "missed this one by a mile". Been a few of them in the past few weeks. As far as Galax being better, ya'll said Haysi, Grundy, Hurley and JIB was. Well I'm not sure ya'lls definition of better but I'm guessing that scoring more points as nothing to with it. Congrates to Honaker and keep doing what your doing and the I'm wrongs will keep coming.

As far as no defense, defense stopped them when they needed to. They do have lots of speed but again, speed don't kill it's the sudden stop that gets you. I'm glad ya'll have so little confidence in Honaker, it makes it sweeter when I see post like "missed this one by a mile". Been a few of them in the past few weeks. As far as Galax being better, ya'll said Haysi, Grundy, Hurley and JIB was. Well I'm not sure ya'lls definition of better but I'm guessing that scoring more points as nothing to with it. Congrates to Honaker and keep doing what your doing and the I'm wrongs will keep coming.

You make it hard for anybody to pull for Honaker but congrats anyway.

you have to give credit wher its due,it takes a good man to admit when he is wrong.

Your right, we don't want none of that, but we would like another taste of Grundy. lol

I'd say Grundy would like some more of you as well...have to wait for next year I guess lol.

You guys play some ugly football lol...hope it holds out for you again this week...every week i think you are going out, then you somehow fool around and find a way to hang on and win lol...so it really wouldn't surprise me if you do it again this week. If I didn't have Richlands and GW games to go to, I'd make the trip down to Galax again.

I'd say Grundy would like some more of you as well...have to wait for next year I guess lol.

You guys play some ugly football lol...hope it holds out for you again this week...every week i think you are going out, then you somehow fool around and find a way to hang on and win lol...so it really wouldn't surprise me if you do it again this week. If I didn't have Richlands and GW games to go to, I'd make the trip down to Galax again.

It all looks ugly until you look at the score board at the end of the game, just wish you could've seen it & How is basketball looking?

They played Tunstall and play Cave Spring this week...ya'll don't want none, trust me.

EH isn't from Richlands. He was from Pocy, then Tazewell when Pocy got closed. Though he did go to RHS for a few months.

you have to give credit wher its due,it takes a good man to admit when he is wrong.

I'd rather see a local team win, you guy's will play in my opinion a lot better team this coming week. I'll be there since have family in Galax and we'll be there for thanksgiving.

The Maroon Tide will be a formidable opponent should be a dandy you guys play like us, you never know what team is goinfg to show up. Good luck and have a safe trip up 77.

I'd rather see a local team win, you guy's will play in my opinion a lot better team this coming week. I'll be there since have family in Galax and we'll be there for thanksgiving.

The Maroon Tide will be a formidable opponent should be a dandy you guys play like us, you never know what team is goinfg to show up. Good luck and have a safe trip up 77.

very true,just hope these guys want to keep this yr alive as long as possible.thanks guru