Clintwood @ GW

Wavefan257

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so the BHC is making Saturday seem even further away with some pretty good reads leading into this game lol.

PREP FOOTBALL: Atwood keeps piling up the stats at George Wythe

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/24/prep-football-atwood-keeps-piling-stats-george-wyt-ar-1490657/

PREP FOOTBALL: Mullins a tackling machine for Clintwood

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/24/prep-football-mullins-tackling-machine-clintwood-ar-1490640/

'Roons' Castanon goes the extra yard

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/23/roons-castanon-goes-extra-yard-ar-1489806/

Okay, so the BHC is making Saturday seem even further away with some pretty good reads leading into this game lol.

PREP FOOTBALL: Atwood keeps piling up the stats at George Wythe

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/24/prep-football-atwood-keeps-piling-stats-george-wyt-ar-1490657/

PREP FOOTBALL: Mullins a tackling machine for Clintwood

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/24/prep-football-mullins-tackling-machine-clintwood-ar-1490640/

'Roons' Castanon goes the extra yard

http://www2.tricities.com/sports/2011/nov/23/roons-castanon-goes-extra-yard-ar-1489806/

These are great articles! Defensive standouts on both teams.. Both teams may need to air it out more than usual if the defensives are stingy allowing rushing yds... Special teams may play big in this game.. Weather is suppose to be nice.. Should be a great game . Hope to see it in person!

After reading many of the articles and posts, it seems as if the Honaker-Galax and George Wythe-Clintwood games are exactly the same match-ups. Both underdogs have 2 losses. Both have very good I-formation tailbacks that carry the load, as well as physical offensive lines. The favorites are undefeated and have speed galore. That being said, my heart likes power over speed (if there is some speed with the power like Clintwood and Honaker), but my brain says unless there is a huge disparity in power/line play, then speed wins out. My prediction GW 24-Clintwood 21.

After reading many of the articles and posts, it seems as if the Honaker-Galax and George Wythe-Clintwood games are exactly the same match-ups. Both underdogs have 2 losses. Both have very good I-formation tailbacks that carry the load, as well as physical offensive lines. The favorites are undefeated and have speed galore. That being said, my heart likes power over speed (if there is some speed with the power like Clintwood and Honaker), but my brain says unless there is a huge disparity in power/line play, then speed wins out. My prediction GW 24-Clintwood 21.

Some feel Clintwood is all power and no speed ...like a big choo choo train .. think Saturday some will be surprised . Clintwood has had to play speedy Burton for yrs and had to prepare for speed . Last yr what was Clintwoods Achilles Heel was playing East Mont..and defending the spread pass attack.. Can GW throw the ball? Did they throw it on Radford...Does anyone have the stats of that game..such as rushing and passing yds for each team?? By the way Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!:)

The only area Clintwood lacks speed imo is in the offensive backfield. Neither Dotson or Meade is that fast but their style of running game doesent require them to be. The two back up RBs on the other hand do have some quickness.

I think Clintwood will take this one in a close game.

You all must not have saw gw much..they are balanced..good at every position..i think they will pull away fast..they can pass and run..its scary when the gw fans arent talkin trash cause that means they have a great team..this spells bad for the wave..guess ill go watch..but i hope a swva team brings home a trophy.

You all must not have saw gw much..they are balanced..good at every position..i think they will pull away fast..they can pass and run..its scary when the gw fans arent talkin trash cause that means they have a great team..this spells bad for the wave..guess ill go watch..but i hope a swva team brings home a trophy.

I consider GW to be a SWVA school. I consider the end of SWVA to be where 81 and 77 split at exit 77.

Why didn't they pull away on Radford... Radford came close to winning each game.

Why didn't they pull away on Radford... Radford came close to winning each game.

Truth is that Radford had a very, very good football team this year. Add to the mix that GW/Radford is a fairly heated rivalry, and both games were pretty much your typical GW/Radford game. They also fielded one of the best single A defenses I've seen in quite some time. They had the personnel to give GW some matchup problems when we had the football, and also had a bye week before the first time we played them, giving them 3 weeks of a season strictly to prepare for our offense.

Radford has had a black eye on them for that Galax loss. Galax is by no means 43 points better than Radford. Very similar situation with Clintwood's trip to Grayson. The Bobcats lost four games this season: GW (twice), Galax, and Giles who has a combined record of 34-2.

If Clintwood holds GW to 7 points, I'll buy the whole board a pizza.

Have a friend ...GW ..Gary Wells ...I know Clintwood can hold him to 7 points ... lol...the whole board a pizza .hmm...how nmany pizzas would that be? We just had an FCA Student Rally with former Miami Dolphin and New York Giant player ,Scott Galyon..we ordered 125 pizzas that night... lol..that was alot of pizza!

Truth is that Radford had a very, very good football team this year. Add to the mix that GW/Radford is a fairly heated rivalry, and both games were pretty much your typical GW/Radford game. They also fielded one of the best single A defenses I've seen in quite some time. They had the personnel to give GW some matchup problems when we had the football, and also had a bye week before the first time we played them, giving them 3 weeks of a season strictly to prepare for our offense.

Radford has had a black eye on them for that Galax loss. Galax is by no means 43 points better than Radford. Very similar situation with Clintwood's trip to Grayson. The Bobcats lost four games this season: GW (twice), Galax, and Giles who has a combined record of 34-2.

Radford barely got by Va high 23-20...Va High was a good team but not a great team this yr. All I know is both teams are very good football teams,GW and Clintwood... I have watched Clintwood play nearly every game this year ..and have not seen GW. I know GW is a very good team by the points they have produced and their unbeaten record. Clintwood is playing with tremendous confidence and passion. They love to hit you and play hard-nosed football. They will give it 100% . Fans travel pretty well... Should be many fans on each sideline cheering their teams on!

Have a friend ...GW ..Gary Wells ...I know Clintwood can hold him to 7 points ... lol...the whole board a pizza .hmm...how nmany pizzas would that be? We just had an FCA Student Rally with former Miami Dolphin and New York Giant player ,Scott Galyon..we ordered 125 pizzas that night... lol..that was alot of pizza!

I never said anything about 6 points ;)

Radford barely got by Va high 23-20...Va High was a good team but not a great team this yr. All I know is both teams are very good football teams,GW and Clintwood... I have watched Clintwood play nearly every game this year ..and have not seen GW. I know GW is a very good team by the points they have produced and their unbeaten record. Clintwood is playing with tremendous confidence and passion. They love to hit you and play hard-nosed football. They will give it 100% . Fans travel pretty well... Should be many fans on each sideline cheering their teams on!

Radford played six very bad quarters of football after their first loss to us (the entire Galax game and the first half of the VHS game). I honestly have no answer for that lapse they had.

Clintwood isn't the same type of team as Radford. GW hasn't came across anyone like Clintwood, nor has Clintwood come across anyone like GW. I honestly cannot tell you how we matchup together.

Radford played six very bad quarters of football after their first loss to us (the entire Galax game and the first half of the VHS game). I honestly have no answer for that lapse they had.

Clintwood isn't the same type of team as Radford. GW hasn't came across anyone like Clintwood, nor has Clintwood come across anyone like GW. I honestly cannot tell you how we matchup together.

Great post and your exactly right.. Football is a unique sport..Offense ..defense ,special teams,penalties...I remember Clintwood playing East Mont in the semi-finals last yr in the snow.. The score was 26-21 East Mont..late in the 4th quarter... Clintwood has it 4th and 3 ...a motion penalty by a guard cost the Wave 5 yds making it 4th and 8 .. Clintwood was forced to pass and it fell incomplete... I always wonder what would have happened had they been able to have gotten to run the 4th and 3 play... So ,every game is unique and is not scripted.. a player who may have been unknown to many may step up and be a difference maker ..who knows!!:)

The VA vs TN game will be good. Reece Strong is the qb. Couple from Richlands, 1 lineman and Honaker I know. J. Honaker, J. Dye, D. Young will be there. Not sure about anybody else.

Good luck Clintwood. Hit them hard and alot. If it rains, thats Clintwoods kind of game.

It better not rain...I gotta do some roofing work tomorrow. :p

clintwood, go in there and play your hearts out! Lay everything on the feild. This is your time to shine! Im pullin for ya and so are alot of other people. Get em wave

lpd pride

go green wave

Edited by Unchained