Cave Spring

BlueTornadoFan

Good job Cave Spring on the win. You guys have a beast RB and we didn't have an answer for him all night. Good luck the rest of the way!!!!

Great class BlueTornadoFan! Tough to run into a mirror image type back as you guys have in Johnson.

Good job Cave Spring on the win. You guys have a beast RB and we didn't have an answer for him all night. Good luck the rest of the way!!!!

Congrats on another good season Blues like I said at least you make this far every season

Must have been quite a player...Sam Wright...Congrats to Richlands on a great season!

Congrats to CS. I'll say this, Wright is the best back I've seen in high school with my own two eyes, EVER. He is a beast, and why no FBS teams are recruiting him? I gave no idea.

As for the game, we should have won. We shot ourselves in the foot all night. Went up quick then had the onside. Firstly, questionable as to weather you go for it there, but I liked the call. Secondly, we had it set up, the ball just flatly didn't bounce at all. mistake 1

On our second offensive drive, we had a 3rd down converted, only to be called back because of holding. That stalled the drive completely. Punt. CS score. mistake 2

Todd McGlothlan going out on the first series KILLED us. Who would have thought? He was a key part of the Defensive gameplan at end, and it let Cave double and triple AJ, knowing we didn't have a big "go-to guy" on offense.

21-14. Cave kicks off, and AJ fumbles it. Cave scores. 28-14. mistake 3

After half, we have Cave with a 4th and 2ish, they go to a hard count, and draw us offsides. Sets up a Td for Wright. mistake 4

On another Cave drive, we tackle their ball carrier, everyone hears whistles, I look at my phone, look back up and another Cave guy is running 30 yards upfield. Anyone in radioland have an explanation on that one?? I was extremely confused. Everyone around me heard a whistle.

With 5 to go, we have a 30 yard pass down the middle to the 9 where AJ fumbles it. Looked to me like he was held before he caught the ball, but it is what it is. mistake 5

So credit to Cave for weathering the storm, but we should have won. Had opportunities. But 3 turnovers and lack of execution killed us. Oh well.

Congrats Blues on one helluva season. Get in the weight room Monday, and let's get ready for 2012.

I want to 2nd that. I just got home from the game and have to say that Cave is everything that we heard and Sam Wright is as good as advertised ! Great running back !

Good luck to you next week and beat Brookville !

Congrats to the Blues on another great season, you make all of your fans very proud !

Congratulations Cave Spring and bring the title back to region 4. Of course good luck next week against Brookville next week first, then bring the title back to region 4. Wright is a fantastic running back and should be heavily recruited in college. He can definetly play next level. I think Takem Hedgeman (Monticello) was as good as Wright was but he was a beast as well. We were just beat by a better team tonight and thats OK. Congratulations Blues Seniors on a fine career for the Tornado. I have enjoyed watching you and hope the best for you guys in the future. You have played some good football and entertained me for several years on Friday nights.

Congrats to Cave Spring! We had way too many turnovers to beat a good team like Cave Spring, and when we lost Todd McGlothlin early in the first quarter that was a killer. #28 is as good as I've seen in High School. He might not be as good as Thomas Jones, Julius Jones or Ahmad Bradshaw, but after tonight that kid deserves alot more Div 1 attention. Good Luck next week vs Brookville!

I agree with gizmo, congrats to cave very good ball team and you cant make mistakes aganist a good team amd win. The one thing during the game that I did not understand is why did the blues change the d-fence for tonights game. It looked like the blues were trying to keep their Lb back and try and read were cave was running the ball. The blues finialy went back to the way they usualy run their d and they were able to stop cave at the end of the 3 and during the 4th. This is not the first time they have done this before a big game and most of the time it ends up not working.

I never would have believed Wright would have put up almost 300 yards tonight, but he did, and the 3 turnovers were the final nail, grats to Cave Spring, and a big thanks to all the players that have worked so hard, and all the people that also work hard behind the scenes that allow Richlands to enjoy the things we do in football.

I never would have believed Wright would have put up almost 300 yards tonight, but he did, and the 3 turnovers were the final nail, grats to Cave Spring, and a big thanks to all the players that have worked so hard, and all the people that also work hard behind the scenes that allow Richlands to enjoy the things we do in football.

He did have 300. 303 and 5 tds is what they said.

don't really know what to say...but, CS won that one fair and square...they just ran over Richlands...Sam Wright played the game of his life tonight. Turnovers killed the Blues...couple of kids banged up going in to the game didn't help either...then you lost McGlothlin right off the bat...made it even worse....but, Wright was just in the zone and was running hard all night...and I will say, very nice kid as well...I was over there taking pics and with about 2 min left in the game I said "you played a great game tonight man" and he said 'thank you sir I really appreciate that"...just seemed like a really good kid...I hope he does well going forward.

Very tough loss for Richlands tonight.

Congrats to CS. I'll say this, Wright is the best back I've seen in high school with my own two eyes, EVER. He is a beast, and why no FBS teams are recruiting him?

I heard it was because he's too small.

Heard that somewhere a few years ago on somebody else that tore up Ernie's field.

I heard it was because he's too small.

Heard that somewhere a few years ago on somebody else that tore up Ernie's field.

This is true but sad bc the kid would be successful in D1.....it won't be long and players like him will be the featured back in D1 IMO. Look at Oregon...two small backs and there milk and honey Is running the ball. VT and UVA are crazy for not looking into him, and it ain't his grades being a problem if bill & Mary is recruiting him.

You can't even compare them two backs.....

Devon is a Div 1 prospect at LB & RB period! Devon plays both ways also, he dont get to rest. Ask College recruiters who they would rather have. Taking nothing away from the kid @ Cave, he was great last night and has been all year.