galax vs clintwood

fridaynightfun

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saw them both play this year in person...Clintwood should win it if they don't shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. Galax is good and fast...the line they have is built as speed over size on both sides of the ball...will be interesting to see how much Clintwood can beat on them and wear them down with the big boys up front.

listening live i was concerned that they were being overly conservative in the 1st half. I honestly hate the I formation, but they are in the final :)

With that said, Galax seems pretty impressive, but i love the Clintwood size, Dotson is a beast on D, yet he is not the only good defensive player. Should be a slobber knocker again next week.

saw them both play this year in person...Clintwood should win it if they don't shoot themselves in the foot with stupid mistakes. Galax is good and fast...the line they have is built as speed over size on both sides of the ball...will be interesting to see how much Clintwood can beat on them and wear them down with the big boys up front.

Lance, I like Galax as the underdog in this one. Clintwood size (Goliath) vs Galax (David) type atmoshere. Should be a great game to be at...hate I won't be able to make this one. You going to be taking some pictures @ this one?

wait till clintwood looks up and it isnt a just a one or two pt ballgame but a few tds..sussex coaches must have just not done any preparing..gw couldnt run so what made them think they could..clintwood is a slow wear ya down team..they have not played a balanced attack..14-0 and u call galax the underdog?they had a very good team beat by half time and put subs in by the end of the third..might not be as high scoring but for galax this is still kinda a home game..clintwood has size but so does galax..gw and sussex had for sum reason thought they were gonna run on them..clintwood is huge but when that passin attack zips two or three tds fast..its hard to play catch up..but atleast we showed nothern va we do have talent.

wait till clintwood looks up and it isnt a just a one or two pt ballgame but a few tds..sussex coaches must have just not done any preparing..gw couldnt run so what made them think they could..clintwood is a slow wear ya down team..they have not played a balanced attack..14-0 and u call galax the underdog?they had a very good team beat by half time and put subs in by the end of the third..might not be as high scoring but for galax this is still kinda a home game..clintwood has size but so does galax..gw and sussex had for sum reason thought they were gonna run on them..clintwood is huge but when that passin attack zips two or three tds fast..its hard to play catch up..but atleast we showed nothern va we do have talent.

Oh yeah, your opinion has proven spot on every week. LOL

Might have been a little tongue in cheek:D No doubt this should be a fantastic game for the fans.

You going to be taking some pictures @ this one?

I'd like to go...just depends on what is going on. I've been sick for a few days and I don't know how that will play out. If i can, I will.

Not that Bland was much to watch against Galax but from what I have seen today Galax has moved above and beyond where they were in the regular season on D. Pass D is little suspect though. Also George is a very good reciever but he isn't the only one that can catch and run. Galax showed that today with other guys making catches and yards afterwards. Galax wins a close one but man there D is tough.

I'd like to go...just depends on what is going on. I've been sick for a few days and I don't know how that will play out. If i can, I will.

Lance, If you go you will need to email ahead to get credentials. You should be able to find contact information on the VHSL website. They won't allow anyone on the field without a VHSL pass. Just give them your name, what you will be doing (photographer), and who you represent and they will have your pass waiting at a designated gate. VA Preps has had people in Lynchburg in the past so SWVASPORTS should be enough.

Galax by 10, and it wont be that close.

Wow! That good Lunenburg team wasn't great, their three losses were to Goochland 46-13, Buckingham 49-21, and Amelia 28-0. All those teams were pretty decent as the playoffs proved. I do realize it is hard to compare scores and Clintwood got drilled by Grayson Co., and lost to Hazard who won Kentucky 1A title. Not sure how you can say they win by 10 and it won't be that close. You could very well be correct, as Galax has proven they are a good team, they may blow the Greenwave out. I just get amused when so many folks say there will be blowouts. Sussex was supposed to kill Clintwood with all that speed. Personally i can't wait to watch this one, at least i hope i can make it.

Clintwood basically operstes w/ a small quick Dline, they fill gaps in the running game and let the LBs make the tackels. Against the passing game thay are TOUGH to keep away from the QB. Comming out and trying to pass every down is a bad idea imo

I will take Clintwood by 5 but it wont be easy.

Both teams have alot to play for;

Galax - never been here and will be looking to get some tradition started.

Clintwood - lost the past 2 title games and will be looking to prove they belong with the great teams of the past.

wanna know how you stop "quick strike" offenses? you hold on to the ball the whole game. and yes it has been done, and yes it has prevailed. ask Gretna.

Coach Mullins, the Clintwood Greenwave, the Clintwood Fans all are patient. They are willing to pound it 3.4 yards at a time and grind it out. Will Galax be patient after not having the ball for long periods of time? If the Tide get antsy and try to force things (i.e. alot of deep passes or a pass, pass, pass mentality) it will get ugly imo

I watched a couple of the youtube Galax clips and is it "normal" for an I formation TB to be 7 yards off the los in high school? That seems kinda deep to me. I dont know how the Oline can hold off the defense until the TB gets to the los

Edited by redtiger