Welcome to the Plantation!

bucfan64

Much has been written about the Democrat plantation. On this Democrat plantation, it is said that today's American blacks are slaves to the Democratic Party, much as their ancestors were slaves to their antebellum plantation masters. Then, as now, they were given scraps compared to their masters. Then, as now, running away or any disobedience by an individual was severely punished. Conservatives who have any exposure to "conservative" media are quick to point this out. What they fail to realize is that they, too, are on a plantation.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/welcome_to_the_plantation.html#ixzz1jeVgdpYt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much has been written about the Democrat plantation. On this Democrat plantation, it is said that today's American blacks are slaves to the Democratic Party, much as their ancestors were slaves to their antebellum plantation masters. Then, as now, they were given scraps compared to their masters. Then, as now, running away or any disobedience by an individual was severely punished. Conservatives who have any exposure to "conservative" media are quick to point this out. What they fail to realize is that they, too, are on a plantation.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2012/01/welcome_to_the_plantation.html#ixzz1jeVgdpYt

Of all the days of the year to draw a parallel between something and a plantation, you had to choose MLKJ Day.

Terrible form.

Of all the days of the year to draw a parallel between something and a plantation, you had to choose MLKJ Day.

Terrible form.

Didn't make the correllation and I didn't write the above, it is from an article, nontheless it is still true!

Edited by bucfan64

Terrible form.

This.

And the "coreallation" [sic] is obvious, and the reason they wrote the article and the reason you posted it. Don't try to play it off like it's not.

So now we are all PC monitors?

I honestly could care less what anyone thinks in regards to me making a connection with MLK and this article........it never even crossed my mind when I read the article, I guess I'm not wrapped in a blanket of political correctness, and furthermore is it suddenly wrong to discuss facts and the truth just because of a holiday or a day of recognition? I think not!

With the rationale of thinking that some of you are promoting, the folks who marched in Bristol the other day, should have never referenced "economic slavery," in their speeches and in their signage. How dare them use the word slavery! Where they trying to be distasteful? I don't think so......

Some folks can't seem to see the forest for the trees! Oh by the way make sure no one posts anything about snakes on March 17th, it would be terribly distasteful!

Furthermore, read the freaking article, context means something this day and time and no where in it is the author attempting to discredit or trash MLK and what he stood for, it is about serial hypocrisy from the Republicans and the right! There is no limit to what some folks will do to stir things up!!!

Edited by bucfan64

I honestly could care less what anyone thinks in regards to me making a connection with MLK and this article........it never even crossed my mind when I read the article, I guess I'm not wrapped in a blanket of political correctness, and furthermore is it suddenly wrong to discuss facts and the truth just because of a holiday or a day of recognition? I think not!

With the rationale of thinking that some of you are promoting, the folks who marched in Bristol the other day, should have never referenced "economic slavery," in their speeches and in their signage. How dare them use the word slavery! Where they trying to be distasteful? I don't think so......

Some folks can't seem to see the forest for the trees! Oh by the way make sure no one posts anything about snakes on March 17th, it would be terribly distasteful!

Furthermore, read the freaking article, context means something this day and time and no where in it is the author attempting to discredit or trash MLK and what he stood for, it is about serial hypocrisy from the Republicans and the right! There is no limit to what some folks will do to stir things up!!!

tumblr_lx3kqpAaaa1qk1vkro1_400.jpg

tumblr_lx3kqpAaaa1qk1vkro1_400.jpg

In other words you couldn't think of anything original! LOL

It appears that the the politically correct diet that many constantly feed upon has prevented them from recognizing and acknowledging the truth – a pathetic shame, but there is plenty of company in that forlorn state of mind.

Edited by bucfan64

I took the time to read the article and find the plantation analogy inappropriate and needlessly racist. That said, there is a validity in the premise that in our two party system if you hold certain beliefs to be important, you generally can only be under one tent.

That does not mean that our two parties are monolithic. If you look at the Republicans, you see quickly that there are deep divisions within the ranks. You have Libertarians who are liberal on social issues and evangelicals who are reactionary on social issues. You are starting to see splits in the use of our military with the Neo-Cons wanting to be the worlds police and use military might to create democracies around the world, and those who feel it is time to get our noses out of other nations business, bring the troops home and leave the UN.

Those who don't subscribe to party orthodoxy just get to look on with bemusement as the 30% on the left and the 30% on the right fight their philosophical wars for the souls of the 40% in the middle. Souls they only hold onto until the next election.

Says the guy that posted the racist article that someone else wrote.

LOLOLOL!!!111!!

Are you serious? How is the article racist? Were blacks on plantations? Yes, this is FACT, pointing it out is not RACISM!

Were blacks taken advantage of while on the plantation? Yes, this is FACT, pointing out the fact is not RACIST!

If those of you who are so quick to DAMN someone, please consider your obvious inability to discern what you have read. The author is not saying that he supports this notion, in fact he is referencing those who use this phrase, and those who have "written" about the Democratic Plantation, this is plainly stated in the opening paragraph, where he writes;

"Much has been written about the Democratic plantation" For those of you who cannot decipher this, it means that "OTHERS," aka someone else, has written much about this and that the author is referencing THEM in his piece.

he then writes: "

"it is said that today's American blacks are slaves to the Democratic Party, much as their ancestors were slaves to their antebellum plantation masters." The word "IT" does not mean the AUTHOR nor does it mean MYSELF and the phrase "it is said," does not imply that the author nor myself have ever said such a thing!

Any person that can read this and even suggest that the AUTHOR is being racist, has a serious problem with reality and is apparently so consumed with the doctrine of political correctness that there is little if any hope for them to ever be restored to a rational thought process.

In a nutshell,

You have no argument and you know it, to suggest that I or the author is racist because I posted an article that used the analogy of slavery and the plantation system to focus on a point is nothing more than a demonstration of your own personal IGNORANCE!

The notion that people will blindly follow a political party or a political leader is often referred to as a plantation system, this is not some new or novel idea just recently introduced. IT IS A FIGURE OF SPEECH--------NOT RACISM!!!!!

for example,

Lt. Col. Allen West: "I'll lead you off of the plantation" http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0811/61627.html

Herman Cain : "I have left the plantation" http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/11/herman-cain-2012-democratic-plantation_n_1005748.html

Bush and the Plantation: http://www.wnd.com/2001/01/7849/

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=38963

The Republican Plantation: http://www.thepostemail.com/2011/11/08/the-republican-plantation/

Republicans fail to help blacks get off the plantation: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/national-party-news/108957-republican-party-must-rescue-blacks-from-the-democratic-plantation

AND HERE IS A GOOD ONE FROM THOSE EVIL RACIST HATEMONGERING FOLKS AT THE BLACK PRESS, WHO REFER TO BOTH PARTIES AS BEING PLANTATIONAL!!!!!!

http://www.blackpressusa.com/op-ed/Response.asp?NewsID=3429

he then writes: "

"it is said that today's American blacks are slaves to the Democratic Party, much as their ancestors were slaves to their antebellum plantation masters." The word "IT" does not mean the AUTHOR nor does it mean MYSELF and the phrase "it is said," does not imply that the author nor myself have ever said such a thing!

It is said that you and the author are being racist. I didn't say it, but it is said.

Is that better?

Anyone can miss the parallel between the article's blatant racism and MLKJ Day. I don't really see how, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But when you were presented with the context, you remain unapologetic, even proudly defiant. It's not "missing the forest for the trees". It's having an iota of respect. Major respect lost, Bucfan. Major respect lost. You just lost one of your strongest conservative allies on this forum with that one.

Edited by UVAObserver

Anyone can miss the parallel between the article's blatant racism and MLKJ Day. I don't really see how, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But when you were presented with the context, you remain unapologetic, even proudly defiant. It's not "missing the forest for the trees". It's having an iota of respect. Major respect lost, Bucfan. Major respect lost. You just lost one of your strongest conservative allies on this forum with that one.

For you to imply that my posting this article is an indicator of racism, on my part, is most disrespectful to me and my personal views on racism! Anyone that knows me will tell you that if anything, I am not racist.

Just because "you feel like," the article is racist does not make the article racist, your personal bias construed by PC, has perhaps led you to this viewpoint. The incredible irony of all of this is that the article in question has appeared on websites all over the country, it is listed among one of the top conservative blogs in the nation, I have yet to read a response on any site in which a reader accused the author or the article of being racist. Perhaps a self evaluation is in need?

In my opinion it is rather disrespectful to the personal views of any citizen when we as a society feel that we cannot use words, thoughts, expressions or ideas for fear that we might "offend" someone. It is my opinion that the author did not intend to be offensive or racist, and I can assure you that I did not as well, at this juncture in the argument, my opinion is just as valid as yours. You do not own the privilege of having the final say in all arguments. Your views do not TRUMP all other views!

I will not apologize for posting the article and I will remain firm in my stance, the article is not RACIST, and I can assure you and everyone else on this forum that I most surely am not either! If I have lost your respect, worry not, the feeling is more than mutual.

Edited by bucfan64

The incredible irony of all of this is that you the article in question has appeared on websites all over the country, it is listed among one of the top conservative blogs in the nation

That's not ironic at all, actually.

Guest The Variable

I dont think Bucfan did this to protest MLK day or for any other reason other than he saw an article that he read and agreed with and shared. He probably did not think about the fact that its MLK day because for a lot of people who have to work that day, they dont even think about it.

Let me tell you why I dont care about MLK day. Because we have a whole month coming up that will remind us all about who MLK is and all these great athletes and people are...who happen to be black. We have become a group of people who want to look past our differences, then self-segregate ourselves and demand that everyone pay attention to it. MLK did a lot of great things, but so did Washington and Henry and Franklin and we have one day to honor them: 4th of July...One day to celebrate being Americans and the birth of the most free country in the world. One MONTH to celebrate people who happen to be black or happen to be hispanic. Personally, I have a problem with that. But since MLK gets a whole month of reflection and honor, I do not pay attention to his birthday.

I dont think Bucfan did this to protest MLK day or for any other reason other than he saw an article that he read and agreed with and shared. He probably did not think about the fact that its MLK day because for a lot of people who have to work that day, they dont even think about it.

Let me tell you why I dont care about MLK day. Because we have a whole month coming up that will remind us all about who MLK is and all these great athletes and people are...who happen to be black. We have become a group of people who want to look past our differences, then self-segregate ourselves and demand that everyone pay attention to it. MLK did a lot of great things, but so did Washington and Henry and Franklin and we have one day to honor them: 4th of July...One day to celebrate being Americans and the birth of the most free country in the world. One MONTH to celebrate people who happen to be black or happen to be hispanic. Personally, I have a problem with that. But since MLK gets a whole month of reflection and honor, I do not pay attention to his birthday.

That was exactly the point of my last post on the last page. Everyone can make a mental lapse. On another board, I once made a bad one by saying "Blacksburg is just the place to get shot" when commenting on the Westboro Baptist Church's intention to protest the funeral of the slain campus police officer. Of course, I meant "some redneck's going to blast the Phelps clan full of lead", not "huh huh huh people get shot there huh huh huh". When someone presented me with the gruesome double entendre, I had to eat a little crow.

Typically, when someone notices the error of an awful comparison, if the person has decency, the next response will be "I'm very sorry, I didn't mean such a comparison. Thanks for pointing that out to me, and I'll try to be more careful in the future". Bucfan's response was not that, and in fact, seemed to take a defiant sort of pride in the comparison. Not only is that all kinds of uncouth, it makes one wonder if that was actually the intent behind the initial post, and if we should take his initial explanation at face value.

I can respect your decision regarding Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Personally, I'm against "black history month" and all other kinds of "history months" from a philosophical perspective. It implies that we should for some reason give more attention to a cause during that one month and less attention during the other 11. I am of the opinion that we should be ever mindful and vigilant regarding history...for all 12 months. So, my opinion is the opposite: keep the day, eliminate the month.

Guest The Variable
I can respect your decision regarding Martin Luther King, Jr. day. Personally, I'm against "black history month" and all other kinds of "history months" from a philosophical perspective. It implies that we should for some reason give more attention to a cause during that one month and less attention during the other 11. I am of the opinion that we should be ever mindful and vigilant regarding history...for all 12 months. So, my opinion is the opposite: keep the day, eliminate the month.

My opinion on the matter as well, especially the last point. Either we are all one people now or we arent. National recognition of differences doesnt go very far in promoting a national identity. Celebrate individuals for acts of honor, not the fact that someone was born into a specific race.