This is just embarrassing

BHS03

Did he get grazed by an elbow or have a heart attack?

It's obvious that the "graze" was enough to put him on top of players on the bench. Were the after effects too much? Maybe. Herrion refused to comment and called it a "non-story" in the post-game comments.

I can't really comment on it one way or another because a.) I didn't see it in person and b.) you can't see anything conclusive (as to if there was or wasn't contact) in that video feed. People who did see it personally said that there was contact and that it did leave him breathless for a period of time. If I see anything I see contact to the throat.... but I can't see enough to call it justified or embarrassing.

Maybe he got the breath knocked out of him or maybe he was hit and just exaggerated it enough to get a referee's attention. The refs obviously saw something flagrant in it since there was a flagrant foul called.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
call a foul on the coach for being on the court. If his azz was where it shoulda been, we wouldn't be seeing this.

First, he is barely on the court.

Second, you can't call a foul on the coach.

Third, if he was ONE foot backwards, and the dude wanted to hit him, I'm pretty sure he would have.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Lol you beat me to it.

A Technical is not a foul.

Yes, many call them a Technical "foul" but in the NCAA they do NOT count towards the team's foul count. Therefore, not a foul.

Sorry guys, do the HW.

Yes, many call them a Technical "foul" but in the NCAA they do NOT count towards the team's foul count. Therefore, not a foul.

Sorry guys, do the HW.

Still warrants free throws and the ball to the other team. Sure does seem like a foul to me, regardless of what the NCAA may or may not say.

Guest StoneyCalhoun
Still warrants free throws and the ball to the other team. Sure does seem like a foul to me, regardless of what the NCAA may or may not say.

I guess the rules don't matter. Let me ask you this, does a foul constitute a change in possession & free throws? Nope. Never. A foul, and a Technical are not the same call.

A foul constitutes a change in possession or FTs, not both. Technicals, do both. There is a HUGE difference. Not to mention they do not count to team fouls.

You have to stick to the exact language when discussing rules, granted I see the reason to call a Technical a foul, but it is not. There is a huge difference to small language in all sporting rules. Take an official's test for example, just once. In WV they are all true/false and sometimes one word makes all the difference. And trust me they are not easy to find.

Anyways, it would only be a warning to Herrion according to NCAA rules, a coach receives a warning for leaving the box before getting Tee'd up.

Edited by StoneyCalhoun

Give me an example of one coach...high school, college...or even little league that doesn't step onto the court....

If he got the air knocked out of him, I can see him acting the way he did...it's a scary feeling...maybe the dude had a panic attack when he got the wind knocked out....I'm not going to judge...

Sorry guys, do the HW.

HW was done... didn't know you wanted the sources included....

from the Official NCAA Basketball Scorebook, page 2...

TECHNICALS & NOTES: ... An example of this type of information is a

foul charged to a coach ...

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/Stats_Manuals/Basketball/scorebook.pdf

Guest StoneyCalhoun
HW was done... didn't know you wanted the sources included....

from the Official NCAA Basketball Scorebook, page 2...

TECHNICALS & NOTES: ... An example of this type of information is a

foul charged to a coach ...

http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/stats/Stats_Manuals/Basketball/scorebook.pdf

Scorebook?

Try a rule book. Find where you can charge a "foul" to a coach other than a technical foul.

Then we can argue if a Technical is considered a type of foul, or if fouls and technicals are in different categories.

Granted it is all silly. I took it as you making the generalization that you thought the official should call a foul, as in ball out of bounds or shots if in the act of shooting, not a technical, which to me is not a "foul". Granted, I used to come from the Mike Eades school of officiating, where he preached specifics, but I quit that crap lol.

Scorebook?

Try a rule book. Find where you can charge a "foul" to a coach other than a technical foul.

Then we can argue if a Technical is considered a type of foul, or if fouls and technicals are in different categories.

Granted it is all silly. I took it as you making the generalization that you thought the official should call a foul, as in ball out of bounds or shots if in the act of shooting, not a technical, which to me is not a "foul". Granted, I used to come from the Mike Eades school of officiating, where he preached specifics, but I quit that crap lol.

Goodness, you are making this more technical then it needs to be. The terminology in the NCAA rulebook calls it a Technical FOUL. Of course it is different from a regular foul, but it is still considered a type of foul. How hard is that to understand?

Goodness, you are making this more technical then it needs to be. The terminology in the NCAA rulebook calls it a Technical FOUL. Of course it is different from a regular foul, but it is still considered a type of foul. How hard is that to understand?

Technical fouls have different resulting circumstances than do normal fouls.

But yeah, I think the quibbling is a little much.

Give me an example of one coach...high school, college...or even little league that doesn't step onto the court....

If he got the air knocked out of him, I can see him acting the way he did...it's a scary feeling...maybe the dude had a panic attack when he got the wind knocked out....I'm not going to judge...

I'am going to judge,if he got the air knocked out of him he needs to get off of the sideline.I thought it was a very funny act,if referee called a tech. he needs fired.