Graham vs Tazewell

ghs_17

Shouldn't be much of a game but you never know when you have to play at Lincolnshire. Any thoughts?

My pick Graham 7-1

Is this the start of the regular season? Always a fun time of year. Best of luck, competitors.

And very true that anything can happen at Lincolnshire. One year, the penalty kick mark was underneath about two inches of water after rain, but the ref made us take the PK from that exact spot anyway (damn you, Duffy). When the guy taking the kick put the ball down, it was literally floating. He took a mighty hack at the ball... and it went about 4 feet. The keeper calmly picked it up, and played it out of the box. Oh Lincolnshire.

Why are the boys still playing at Lincolnshire? They dug up a couple lanes of the track so they could play soccer at Bulldog stadium. If I was a kid or parent of a track athlete I would be asking why. So now the soccer team still plays at good ole Lincolnshire and the track team just runs a little wider.

Why are the boys still playing at Lincolnshire? They dug up a couple lanes of the track so they could play soccer at Bulldog stadium. If I was a kid or parent of a track athlete I would be asking why. So now the soccer team still plays at good ole Lincolnshire and the track team just runs a little wider.

Ha! Really? So not only is the field empty in the spring, track teams will run a little slower because they only have lanes 4, 5, and 6 now? That is equal parts funny and sad.

No, they didn't do that for soccer. It was a safety issue for football.

Just wondering how that made it safer for football. We are talking about 6 feet maximum. I have seen many football fields with less room on the sidelines than tazewell. At least it safe for the football team, but still not enough room for boys soccer I guess???

Just wondering how that made it safer for football. We are talking about 6 feet maximum. I have seen many football fields with less room on the sidelines than tazewell. At least it safe for the football team, but still not enough room for boys soccer I guess???

If it's like other schools in the area, they probably don't want them soccer playin' sissies on thar dang football field.

It more safe now. I've witnessed several injuries on those sidelines. Btw, the girls have played on that field for a few years now. They also hosted a soccer tournament on there and Lincolshire. I'm not sure why the boys don't use the football field, maybe they don't want to?

It more safe now. I've witnessed several injuries on those sidelines. Btw, the girls have played on that field for a few years now. They also hosted a soccer tournament on there and Lincolshire. I'm not sure why the boys don't use the football field, maybe they don't want to?

Actually, come to think of it, we definitely played Abingdon on the High School field one year. I remember the grass being really, really thick. And it was cold.

Actually, come to think of it, we definitely played Abingdon on the High School field one year. I remember the grass being really, really thick. And it was cold.

A soccer field can be anywhere from 58 yards wide to 75 yards wide....a regulation football field is plenty wide for a soccer field....and for that matter from 100 yards long to 120 yards long.... It was always tough to play at Radford, because they put their goals at the back of the endzone (120 yard field) and the field is much wider than most.....but it makes for some good soccer.

i played for grundy last year, and we beat tazewell last season on their field. Tazewell a good team but i think graham plays more smartier soccer.My prediction is 8 to 3 graham

Must resist the temptation to be the Grammar Police.

Edited by Hacker

Was never close it could have easily been 8-0 Graham played a little sluggish in the beginning but to win on that field 5-0, next week on a real field at east river should be a slaughter.

Key words...."from this area".....Radford has several Woodies on their team.

That's why I said "from this area". And I doubt Radford has any "Woodies" on their team...they just have more good players...

That's why I said "from this area". And I doubt Radford has any "Woodies" on their team...they just have more good players...

Go watch them play.....I've probably seen them play at least 20 times over the years....they have players (plural) on their team of that caliber it seems like every year...

I hope Graham can hang with them and if they can (boys or girls)...I'll believe that Graham has taken tremendous strides forward with their soccer programs over the past several years....I hope it happens, only Glenvar (girls) has challenged them over the past 30 years or so.....in Region C....and by challenge, very few Glenvar teams in that time frame have competed with them...

Edited by futbolking