G-Men 2-0

Graham 15

James Monroe 13

LINDSIDE — Gray Baker had three hits and two runs batted in and Brad Yost contributed two hits, scored three runs and stole three bases to lead the G-Men to a 3-0 start to the season.

Freshman Jacob Simpson earned the win for the G-Men, which will travel on Wednesday to Richlands.

How good is Richlands this year in baseball? I know they are normally stacked but I think they lost a lot if I'm not mistaken.

I think I would still take Richlands over Graham 9 times out of 10 but Graham is looking better this year.

I think they haven't played a team at the skill level of Richlands yet though.

How good is Richlands this year in baseball? I know they are normally stacked but I think they lost a lot if I'm not mistaken.

I think I would still take Richlands over Graham 9 times out of 10 but Graham is looking better this year.

I think they haven't played a team at the skill level of Richlands yet though.

This will certainly tell a lot about Graham. Were the first three opponents just pitifully weak, or is Graham legitimate? I wish them the best.

"Were the first three opponents just pitifully weak, or is Graham legitimate?" A little bit of both. Graham is better. Competition has been down compared to the SWD. Graham only has 2 seniors , 4 players with varsity experience & 10 players overall. The fact that they have not only won 3 already but competed is a great improvement. Richlands on Wednesday will be an interesting game. The move to A has been good for baseball. I think the G-Men will lose their fair share of games this year but I certainly don't see all the blow outs they went thru for the past several years.

Richlands 9

Graham 2

Game was close for about 6 innings. Proud of the way Graham played. Gray Baker pitched a great game but was let down by his defense in one inning.

Coach Dixon will take a lot from that this game and I bet they play a complete game the next time they face off. Dixon is the perfect guy to build a program. Sounds like the G-MEN got it going in the right direction.