Thoughts on Trayvon Martin Killing

I think everybody should wait until an investigation is complete and all of the facts come out before a lynch mob is formed.

I agree, but the lynch mobs have already formed! Did you see the (D) Rep. who wore a hoodie while giving a short speech about racism in the country? He was eventually removed from the hall......should he have been removed for violating the Decorum or was his statement bold and worthy of applause?

Edited by bucfan64

Racism is bad, bucfan.

Oh boy here we go again!

I hope that you are not implying that my asking a question about this incident is an example of racism on my part! If I am mis-reading your post, please forgive me!

I know that Racism is bad, and that is why I am asking the question, just trying to generate some dialogue. I am wondering where this could lead, and how it is being perceived by the mainstream......things are heating up. Is the heat justified? Is it over simplified? or Is it being politicized too much?

The media is trying to use this to their advantage some politicians are doing the same, several non-profit groups are politicizing this and people are starting to take sides, even though all of the facts still aren't on the table. I find it disgusting that a variety of groups are using this terrible incident to promote their own agendas. This is a very bad situation and it could escalate into further problems down the line if it isn't resolved rationally!

Edited by bucfan64

Martin had nothing on him but skittles and a drink and Zimmerman said he attacked him. If Martin attacked him he would only be able to punch him or kick him. No need to shoot down the kid over that, or really any reason for that matter. If he is punching you then punch him back but shooting someone should be the last thing someone should do. I'll never understand what goes through peoples heads sometimes.

I'm going to wait until all the facts come out.

However, I'd like to talk about the people outside of the case for just a second.

1. This guy sucks trayvon-tshirt.jpg

2. This is pathetic and SHOULD have consequences! http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/03/29/spike-lees-incorrect-tweet-causes-elderly-couple-to-flee-home/

3. Rush wears a hoodie and gets kicked from the House floor. Is this just pandemonium where everybody thinks they can act however they want and get away with it? http://www.inquisitr.com/212421/rep-bobby-rush-wears-a-hoodie-during-trayvon-martin-speech-gets-removed-from-house-floor-video/

4. I'm tired of hearing about this on the news and how race related this was, when. This happened 3 weeks ago and i'm just now seeing this article. Has anybody heard of Sharpton and Jackson coming to defend this boy and announce it as a racial incident? Nope, me either.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack/

Edited by bluefieldRocks

4. I'm tired of hearing about this on the news and how race related this was, when. This happened 3 weeks ago and i'm just now seeing this article. Has anybody heard of Sharpton and Jackson coming to defend this boy and announce it as a racial incident? Nope, me either.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/you-get-what-you-deserve-white-boy-13-year-old-set-on-fire-in-horrific-racially-charged-attack/

It takes a lot to shock my conscience nowadays, but this does it. Wow. And ZERO MSM coverage.

I think Zimmerman killed him, but I don't think that this should be a race issue, but an issue about how the justice system failed Trayvon Martin.

I understand why the rep did that, but I think our politicians have more important things to worry about and if they got involved in every controversial case, then the Supreme Court would be hearing the Casey Anthony trial right now.

I think Zimmerman killed him, but I don't think that this should be a race issue, but an issue about how the justice system failed Trayvon Martin.

I understand why the rep did that, but I think our politicians have more important things to worry about and if they got involved in every controversial case, then the Supreme Court would be hearing the Casey Anthony trial right now.

I was being a bit lighthearted when I made my comment earlier. There's no "thinking" about this one. Zimmerman killed him.

It's virtually the only thing in this case that anyone can agree upon.

Besides, I propose that we let the system work itself out before we claim that the system "failed" Trayvon.

As usual in these high profile cases, if the system fails it will be because the media has trampled over the investigation looking for a scoop. Tabloid TV, which is rampant from just about everywhere makes investigation difficult to impossible.

Sad thing about all of this is that so many people have already developed an opinion about what happened and a ton of false assumptions now exist. Many of those assumptions will never be corrected.......

By the way, Sharpton and Jackson BOTH have been quite vocal about the incident.

Alveeda King (MLK's niece) spoke concerning both of them... http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/28/alveda-king-sharpton-jackson-should-stop-playing-race-card-over-trayvon-martin/

On March 23, the Rev. Al Sharpton led a rally of about 10,000 people in a downtown Sanford. http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/03/30/usa-florida-shooting-mayor-idUSL2E8ET3O920120330

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Latest-News-Wires/2012/0327/Should-Al-Sharpton-be-Trayvon-Martin-activist-and-MSNBC-host

Ex-NAACP Leader Rev. C.L. Bryant is angered at both Jackson and Sharpton.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/race_buzzards_circle_trayvon_GjszYV5diCTZezdmxbrLON

I rarely support Jackson or Sharpton, however this investigation needs the big time heat that only they can bring to the table. With their involvement the authorities will hopefully be even more detailed and more deliberate in their investigation.

The bad thing about all of this is the fact that the media has created so many assumptions among the masses with subjective reports that people are clearly divided over the issue. This could lead to further problems once a decision is finally made and I think it has already led to an increase in tensions......in my opinion, this is only the tip of the iceberg!

Sad thing about all of this is that so many people have already developed an opinion about what happened and a ton of false assumptions now exist.

I should be a juror on this trial...I know nothing about the case other than someone killed someone else who was wearing a hoodie. I don't watch/listen to the talking heads on those "inside scoop edition" type shows. Honestly haven't even paid attention to any of it other than the first report I heard on the news.

Tired of the libs yelling "racism" at every turn and tired of hearing about "bullying" in schools. I know, off the subject, but just another thing that's been run into the ground lately.

Agree on the issue of people yelling racism every chance they get, disagree on the bullying issue. It's a big problem and the more it's brought to the public's eye the better, IMO. Had a cousin that got severely injurred in a bullying incident just last year....

Tired of the libs yelling "racism" at every turn and tired of hearing about "bullying" in schools. I know, off the subject, but just another thing that's been run into the ground lately.

Bullying and racism exist.

Bullying and racism exist.

I know. They've existed forever. Things will be as things are and have been.

America is too fu##ing soft anymore. And for that, I blame the bleeding-heart liberals...suck it up, sunshine...

Its sad that a young man died for nothing and before I say too much I would like to know all of the details of the case but I will say a few things.

First, you dont attack someone(provoked or unprovoked) unless you are willing to put your life on the line. They may have a knife, gun, tazer, nunchucks or whatever so dont engage in a physical confrontation unless it is an absolute must. Martin shouldnt have attacked Zimmerman.

Second, im all for neighborhood watch but it is dangerous and those preforming this service need to understand what they should and shouldnt do. You are there to observe and report, not to intervene. Zimmerman shouldnt have followed Martin.

I do have a question on the race aspect of this situation and im gonna word this kinda bluntly so please dont take the following statement the wrong way. Zimmerman is of Peruvian and (im assuming given his surname) Jewish heritage and Martin is of African American heritage. How is a Latin Jew killing a Black a race issue? I guess because the White police didnt respond correctly?

Correct me if im wrong but hadnt there been several thefts in this neighborhood rescently involving young black males? Not that his race matters but if roberies had been taking place in my neighborhood involving someone fitting my description at night, I wouldnt be out at night alone. I dont expect a 17 year old young man to understand this but his father should have.

I dont know that I believe Zimmermans story that he had no alternative but to use a firearm. I find it hard to believe that a skinny 17 year old could overpower a well built 28 year old man.

I also dont believe that the fact that this young man was suspended from school at the time for having a bag with pot residue in it has any bearing on this case.

Edited by redtiger

America is too fu##ing soft anymore. And for that, I blame the bleeding-heart liberals...suck it up, sunshine...

I'm not going to roll my eyes at things like racism and bullying. They are the unfortunate manifestations of ignorance and if America is soft for not tolerating it, then I'm Downy fresh.

Yep!