VT Press Conference @ 4

Hacker

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just makes little sense to me. Not only is Greenberg hosting a recruit right now, they gave Greenberg no warning whatsoever about this. The only way this makes any sense at all is if VT has found an immediate replacement. The first option would be Smart, but he's turned down much better programs than VT.

The whole situation is bizarre, and the timing/management reflects abysmally on VT...

Now being reported by an outlet, not just individual bloggers flailing at the wind.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/hokies-journal/post/seth-greenberg-fired-by-virginia-tech/2012/04/23/gIQAwGNZcT_blog.html

Again, very surprised at how badly this situation was mismanaged.

I'm not sure any of us know "how badly" the situation was handled. On the outset, it doesn't look too good, but you might be surprised at what could or could not be be leaked and/or never come out about the situation.

I don't know anything specific, but it's no secret that there is a frayed relationship between Greenberg and Weaver. Add that to 3 people on his staff bolting within a month and it might be a deeper problem. And I'm sure you can factor in losing too.

I'm not sure any of us know "how badly" the situation was handled. On the outset, it doesn't look too good, but you might be surprised at what could or could not be be leaked and/or never come out about the situation.

I don't know anything specific, but it's no secret that there is a frayed relationship between Greenberg and Weaver. Add that to 3 people on his staff bolting within a month and it might be a deeper problem. And I'm sure you can factor in losing too.

The only two explanations that could possibly justify the horrible timing and handling are (1) VT has Brad Stevens waiting in the wings, or (2) Seth's done something as bad or worse than Petrino, and VT's sweeping it under the rug.

That's about it.

He's been glorious in my book.

Scheduled press conference THEN fired Greenbooger.

Cold blooded killa!

Can't even believe how much you and I are in agreement today...:D

Jim Weaver need to retire. I felt uncomfortable watching it. I know he has done well with this disease, but looks like it might be time to step down. And letting Greenberg know that late, after already announcing the press conference, dosen't look good on VT Athletics. I dont think anyone from VCU or Butler will come to Blacksburg.

Jim Weaver need to retire. I felt uncomfortable watching it. I know he has done well with this disease, but looks like it might be time to step down. And letting Greenberg know that late, after already announcing the press conference, dosen't look good on VT Athletics. I dont think anyone from VCU or Butler will come to Blacksburg.

We seldom agree, but this is one of those times. Agree completely.

GreenTurd only had 1 year remaining on his contract.....3 assistants already gone and needing to be replaced...why keep him around for another year....and bring in a new coach after that with their assistants....makes perfectly good sense to me.

GreenTurd only had 1 year remaining on his contract.....3 assistants already gone and needing to be replaced...why keep him around for another year....and bring in a new coach after that with their assistants....makes perfectly good sense to me.

The firing makes sense. The timing, and the complete lack of professionalism, does not.