7 on 7 at Richlands

mv91

I heard there is a 7 on 7 at Richlands today starting at 5. I dont know any details of what teams are playing or anything. It is a little taste of football though!! :)

I heard there is a 7 on 7 at Richlands today starting at 5. I dont know any details of what teams are playing or anything. It is a little taste of football though!! :)

I would normally go and check it out, but i have to take my mother to a Dr's appt. at 4:00 and will not be able to make it.

Are you planning to go or anybody else going ? If so, would you give a little write up on how things went and how they looked ?

I would appreciate that !

Richlands looked good. They tied one game with Pulaski and won the other game against Pulaski. Marion was also there. I think Marion beat Richlands that game. Overall Richlands played well. Gabe hunsacker, a j and mcglothlin all looked good at WR. The Graham transfer looked good at QB. Ben brown had some good throws at QB as well. The RHS defense was a little shaky at times but I don't think they have really had much work at all on D.

Guest king kone
Richlands looked good. They tied one game with Pulaski and won the other game against Pulaski. Marion was also there. I think Marion beat Richlands that game. Overall Richlands played well. Gabe hunsacker, a j and mcglothlin all looked good at WR. The Graham transfer looked good at QB. Ben brown had some good throws at QB as well. The RHS defense was a little shaky at times but I don't think they have really had much work at all on D.
Heard a Chinese firedrill was more organized than the defensive backfield.....which was a weakness last year...

Heard a Chinese firedrill was more organized than the defensive backfield.....which was a weakness last year...

Yea, the D backfield did sturggle yesterday!! The potential is there to be better than last year. Hopefully the experience these young men got last year will help them to improve this year!!

Well, for the most part I guess it sounds ok. Kinda worries me about Marion beating them, but i have no idea what Marion has so that may not be as bad as I might think.

I was hoping that with another year of experience that the D would be a strong point this year..........and it still may be, but it does sound like the D-backfield has a lot of work to do.

Glad to hear that the O looked pretty good and the new QB looked good as well.

Ben has all the tools, but he seems to be lacking in the mental part of the game. I don't mean as far as intelligence, I'm talking about as far as confidence, but he has the athletic ability, plus he probably hears all the time about his brother and that's a lot of pressure on a young man.

And it was just a 7 on 7, and you can get some ideas about how some of the kids look, but it doesn't tell what the team will be truly like once the season gets here.

Still a some time to get ready before 2 a days start.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

Guest king kone
Well, for the most part I guess it sounds ok. Kinda worries me about Marion beating them, but i have no idea what Marion has so that may not be as bad as I might think.

I was hoping that with another year of experience that the D would be a strong point this year..........and it still may be, but it does sound like the D-backfield has a lot of work to do.

Glad to hear that the O looked pretty good and the new QB looked good as well.

Ben has all the tools, but he seems to be lacking in the mental part of the game. I don't mean as far as intelligence, I'm talking about as far as confidence, but he has the athletic ability, plus he probably hears all the time about his brother and that's a lot of pressure on a young man.

And it was just a 7 on 7, and you can get some ideas about how some of the kids look, but it doesn't tell what the team will be truly like once the season gets here.

Still a some time to get ready before 2 a days start.

His slow windup when throwing a pass is a concern.

You have to be mistaken because Marion cant travel to Richlands because that would be a travel hardship!!! They want in the Hogoheegee despite being 250 to 450 students larger than anyone in the Hogo. You have to be mistaken because Marion would not travel to Richlands thats just to far to travel even though they have done it for the last 40 years. Truth is they dont want to compete but look for something soft!!!!!!! The HOGO turned them down, the R and R turned them down but they still want to appeal. Hopefully, the Executive Committee will respect the Hogos and R and Rs decision and say Marion play with schools your size and not the pee wee schools where you are 200 to 300 percent bigger than them. Shame on you!!!!!!!

lol you are a joke man

You have to be mistaken because Marion cant travel to Richlands because that would be a travel hardship!!! They want in the Hogoheegee despite being 250 to 450 students larger than anyone in the Hogo. You have to be mistaken because Marion would not travel to Richlands thats just to far to travel even though they have done it for the last 40 years. Truth is they dont want to compete but look for something soft!!!!!!! The HOGO turned them down, the R and R turned them down but they still want to appeal. Hopefully, the Executive Committee will respect the Hogos and R and Rs decision and say Marion play with schools your size and not the pee wee schools where you are 200 to 300 percent bigger than them. Shame on you!!!!!!!

Its a shame that all those small Hogo schools are forced to play that "big" school in Marion all the time....oh wait, they do that on their own.....

Guest king kone
Are you talking about Ben, or the new guy ?
Not the new guy. Haven't seen him yet.

Its a shame that all those small Hogo schools are forced to play that "big" school in Marion all the time....oh wait, they do that on their own.....

Exactly..... why in the heck are they opposed for them to join the HOGO....when they schedule them in every sport anyway..... makes no sense....

Now tell me why Marion wants to join the Hogo? I don't know why they would want to play Holston and Northwood with their combined enrollment of about 600 every year when they could play Gate City and Va. High.

Now tell me why Marion wants to join the Hogo? I don't know why they would want to play Holston and Northwood with their combined enrollment of about 600 every year when they could play Gate City and Va. High.

Travel expenses for sports are the main reason...