This Friday is...

They just posted on the Second Chance's Facebook that the show wil be rescheduled and to keep your ticket stubs. They started renovating the stadium today to comply with ADA regulations before the concert can happen. They will announce a date shortly for the remake. And both Eric and Jake will be there. Just passing it along.

The work at Mitchell isn't scheduled to be finished until the Graham-Bluefield football game.

Also of note, Mitchell Stadium only has two open weekends between August 10th and November 10th...those would be 8/17 and 10/12. Every other weekend it hosts at least one football game for either Bluefield, Graham, or Bluefield College (four of those weekends it hosts 2 games and one weekend it will host 3 games). With as long as it takes to set up for the event, there aren't many options for having it at Mitchell Stadium.

However, the Appy League baseball season ends the last week of August and Bowen Field could be available for the rescheduled event...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The work at Mitchell isn't scheduled to be finished until the Graham-Bluefield football game.

Also of note, Mitchell Stadium only has two open weekends between August 10th and November 10th...those would be 8/17 and 10/12. Every other weekend it hosts at least one football game for either Bluefield, Graham, or Bluefield College (four of those weekends it hosts 2 games and one weekend it will host 3 games). With as long as it takes to set up for the event, there aren't many options for having it at Mitchell Stadium.

However, the Appy League baseball season ends the last week of August and Bowen Field could be available for the rescheduled event...

It won't be 8/10: (1) Church would have to get to Bluefield from Sturgis, SD in 2 days AND (2) Owen has a show in Jefferson, OH on that day. It won't be 10/12: Owen is free, BUT Church has a concert in Milwaukee that day.

You're looking deep into the fall with this new concert, particularly if Bluefield/Graham have home playoff runs.

As a matter of convenience, Bowen Field doesn't really have the capacity to host an event this size unless you create an unsafe condition to do it. Let's just say, I knew a couple of people responsible for making contingency plans for the possibility of VT baseball hosting an NCAA regional a couple years back. English Field doesn't meet the 3500-seat requirement. Bowen does, but barely, IF you jam everyone in and set up 500 temporary seats. And you're not jamming 10K+ on that field...

It appears that owens is open from the end of september on and church has openings in oct so my guess is oct would be around the time of the makeup if you really want to have some fun lets have it in Dec church is coming to WV either the 1st or 2nd anyway just bring him that week LOL

I'll give you two guesses...

It appears that owens is open from the end of september on and church has openings in oct so my guess is oct would be around the time of the makeup

It won't be 10/12: Owen is free, BUT Church has a concert in Milwaukee that day.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lets have it in Dec church is coming to WV either the 1st or 2nd anyway just bring him that week LOL

Thank goodness you had two! ;)

I'll give you two guesses...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank goodness you had two! ;)

hahahaha i always try to cover my bases

Ive been hearing that there is talk of doing it on a weeknight the last week of august I would say if they have it on a night Monday-Thursday they would have a hard time filling the place up or do you all think people would still show up?

Ive been hearing that there is talk of doing it on a weeknight the last week of august I would say if they have it on a night Monday-Thursday they would have a hard time filling the place up or do you all think people would still show up?

Church has some holes in his schedule that might allow this, BUT Owen performs 16 of 31 days in August, only one even remotely close to here (Gray, TN on August 20). Church is in NH on August 19th. You have MAYBE a window on 8/22, which is 2 days before Graham/Beaver. But you bring up a good point: who will come on a Wednesday night in August?

Church has some holes in his schedule that might allow this, BUT Owen performs 16 of 31 days in August, only one even remotely close to here (Gray, TN on August 20). Church is in NH on August 19th. You have MAYBE a window on 8/22, which is 2 days before Graham/Beaver. But you bring up a good point: who will come on a Wednesday night in August?

And the 22nd will be a "school night" for the VA side kids...

*raises hand*

Here's a statement we just received from TicketMaster concerning the 2nd Chance Rocks Concert -

"Attention ticket holder!

On Behalf of Second Chance Learning Center please see the below information regarding your postponed event.

Eric Church / Jake Owen

Mitchell Stadium

We at Second Chance Learning Center want to again extend our apologies for having to postpone our Second Chance Rocks the Two Virginias Concert before Jake Owen and Eric Church could perform. When the storm's high winds moved the concert stage seven feet, we knew the attendees', the stage crew, and the artists' safety was our first priority. We are close to announcing an official reschedule date for Jake Owen and Eric Churh, likely in the end of August. We have had to wait for Mitchell Stadium to complete their upgrades so that the stadium complies with the American Disabilities Act. An announcement with the official reschedule date is impending - we hope ticketholders will hold on to their tickets so they can return to Mitchell Stadium for the rescheduled concert. Again, thank you to everyone who came out for our concert, for your patience, and for supporting Second Chance!

Thanks for being a fan!

Ticketmaster Fan Support"

It's official. Eric Church, Jake Owen, and Andy Crawford will be at Mitchell Stadium on Sunday Aug. 26th. Gates at 5 pm. Tickets will go back on sale for those Jo didn't have any. You will need your stub, credit card receipt, or ticketmaster receipt. Parking is $10. Any food coupons will still be redeemable.

if they are saying you need a receipt thats bull...your stub should be enough, why the receipt would be needed is beyond me? what if you won tix and didn't get one?

http://salesreceiptstore.com/photos_images_fake_receipts.html

also, making people pay another $10 to park is bogus...should be free if you have a previous stub.

if they are saying you need a receipt thats bull...your stub should be enough, why the receipt would be needed is beyond me? what if you won tix and didn't get one?

http://salesreceiptstore.com/photos_images_fake_receipts.html

also, making people pay another $10 to park is bogus...should be free if you have a previous stub.

The reciept thing is just in case you lost your ticket. You don't need all 3. And I dOnt mind to pay to park. If you don't want to pay $10, don't park at the stadium.

The reciept thing is just in case you lost your ticket. You don't need all 3. And I dOnt mind to pay to park. If you don't want to pay $10, don't park at the stadium.

not bad if you just need one of the 3 then...as for parking, still think people who paid it last time shouldn't have to pay again...but, i guess the town or whoever has to get their cut of the action.

It was 10 bucks all the way around no matter were you parked that i seen.

not bad if you just need one of the 3 then...as for parking, still think people who paid it last time shouldn't have to pay again...but, i guess the town or whoever has to get their cut of the action.

I agree about the parking. Especially since I have my little ticket for parking there before. Lol. I still can't believe the people asking for refunds. I understand it sucks, but if you go to a football game or race and it gets rained out and you can't make the make-up, they don't give you a rain check. My friend is mad because "that's the day after the race and I'll be hungover" that's the lamest refund excuse ever. Lol.

I agree about the parking. Especially since I have my little ticket for parking there before. Lol. I still can't believe the people asking for refunds. I understand it sucks, but if you go to a football game or race and it gets rained out and you can't make the make-up, they don't give you a rain check. My friend is mad because "that's the day after the race and I'll be hungover" that's the lamest refund excuse ever. Lol.

at the end of the day...yeah it sucks that it got rained out...whatever...but this wasn't just a concert, it was a benefit concert for charity...so...people need to suck it up and put the big girl panties on and stop bitchin...i cant believe the amount of whine that is going on over at Facebook...I just told them all to shut the hell up with the complaining.