This Friday is...

I don't listen to much country. Aside from Brad Paisley, Zac Brown, Eric Church, and Brantley, that's most of all of the country I listen to. But I do know that to the general listener, Rodney and Brantley are more recognizable than Jake or Lee is all I'm saying. Your due hard country fans will go regardless, but you're losing the "crossover" market, IMHO

Actually aside from the ones that actually listen to country music Brantleys name is not reconizable some of the songs he has wrote are but as far as himself being recognizable no the casual listener would not have a clue who he was if they walked into a bar and seen him up on the stage playing.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had several people ask me if I was going to this and my honest response was: "I've never heard of anyone in that lineup so no I'm not going." I'm so far disconnected from the country music scene in the last 12 years I have no clue about any of them except the really big names like Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, Tim McGraw, etc.

I can't imagine that the crowd this year will be anything close to what they had last year. Bluefield just doesn't support anything for very long that I've experienced. Did anyone notice that Aftershock didn't come back for a third year to Mitchell Stadium? There isn't a notable female performer to help with the draw this year either I don't believe.

I really hope this continues for the good of the people in the area. This whole area needs this type of event every year.

Just my opinion....

Bluefield just doesn't support anything for very long that I've experienced. Did anyone notice that Aftershock didn't come back for a third year to Mitchell Stadium?

What the hell is Aftershock??? I'm tuned in to most things that happen in the Greater Bluefield area but I have no idea what you are even talking about and you say it didn't come back for a "third year"...never knew it was here twice before.

Maybe that's the problem...lack of promotion...

Nah...most people just don't give a $hit if it isn't a "handout". And that's the biggest problem with our society, period...

What the hell is Aftershock??? I'm tuned in to most things that happen in the Greater Bluefield area but I have no idea what you are even talking about and you say it didn't come back for a "third year"...never knew it was here twice before.

Nah...most people just don't give a $hit if it isn't a "handout". And that's the biggest problem with our society, period...

You nailed it. It's not promoted. And a 30-second spot on a radio station once/day isn't "promoting".

I never have understood why events around the area are not promoted atleast a little bit flyers, radio spots, tv ads something i guess they figure that will cost them more money than they want to put into it and they also figure we have nothing else going on in our lives that word of mouth with be good enough promotion for the event.

The tickets I got say it starts at 4, but I know Lee Brice/Jake Owen/Eric Church will not be playing that early. Anybody know what time one of them 3 will start?

Your looking between 7:15-7:30 for your 3 main acts.

Lee Brice 7:15-8:15

Jake Owen 8:45-9:45

Eric Church 10:15-11:30

This if everything stays the course. I dot see it happening. And I've also heard that Eric plans to play for at least an hour and a half. So we will see what happens.

Sorry, I got events confused. It wasn't Aftershock, it was Invasion I was thinking of that was at Mitchell Stadium. Aftershock was a much smaller event that was held in Princeton a couple of months back. Invasion was the free christian rock concert that had Brian "Head" Welch formerly of Korn as the headlining act. Amy Lambert did a great job of getting the money together to make the event free to the public. After two years the resistance against her grew too much to hold it a third time mostly from the local churches who are just to "old school."

Been a crazy week at work and my mind has been running wildly confused. I just saw that chat board and comment on it.

What did she get?!?!?

Framed, autographed picture of David Wilson. I wish she had called me on some other items they had...some good stuff (non-VT items) went for dirt cheap!!!

Be sure and get there in time to hear Andy Crawford. He's a local guy on the undercard. I guarantee he is as talented as anyone in the main event. He just does solo acoustic shows, but can sing his tail off.

Be sure and get there in time to hear Andy Crawford. He's a local guy on the undercard. I guarantee he is as talented as anyone in the main event. He just does solo acoustic shows, but can sing his tail off.

Is it storming at the concert?

just saw Ryan post this on FB

Ryan Dye

Got evacuated from the concert until this storm passes. :-/ Thanks a lot mother nature.