This Friday is...

Surprised they'd do it right up against Graham/Beaver, but that's virtually the only window they had.

I'm friends with Andy Crawford who's opening or them and he said that this was the literal only date they both could do it.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised they'd do it right up against Graham/Beaver, but that's virtually the only window they had.

Not only that, but Bluefield College plays its first football game in 70 years at Mitchell Stadium on 8/25...doesn't leave much time for setting stuff up...

I suspected so. I hadn't thought about AFTER Graham/Beaver, but if not now, it'd be way up in December.

The 25th will suck for Owen. He plays a show in Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Then the drive to Bluefield is 13 hours (per mapquest).

Not only that, but Bluefield College plays its first football game in 70 years at Mitchell Stadium on 8/25...doesn't leave much time for setting stuff up...

It doesn't that that long to do it. Plus, I assume the game is during the day? They can have the stage ready to go by midnight.

It doesn't that that long to do it. Plus, I assume the game is during the day? They can have the stage ready to go by midnight.

Yeh, you're right. It only took them a week to get setup last time...and that was with help from several members of the Bluefield High School football team. You really think they'll help setup this time, considering...

http://bdtonline.com/local/x546488022/Second-Chance-prepares-to-rock-the-two-Virginias-tonight

Personally, I think its great that the show is going to resume, however, I don't think that those in charge have fully contemplated the logistics of everything...

This. Of course, your last sentence could be tacked onto any project Bluefield, WV undertakes.

Actually, I would have expected nothing less from the City of Bluefield, but thought Billy and Erik might have considered all this...

The 25th will suck for Owen. He plays a show in Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Mass. Then the drive to Bluefield is 13 hours (per mapquest).

Haha, it won't suck for him at all. After his concert he can get on his bus. Drink some liquor, have sexual intercourse with a young squirrely, go to sleep. Then by the time he wakes up he will be in Bluefield.

Haha, it won't suck for him at all. After his concert he can get on his bus. Drink some liquor, have sexual intercourse with a young squirrely, go to sleep. Then by the time he wakes up he will be in Bluefield.

Perhaps I should have made that the "Owen camp". The big rig driver, all the crew, etc...that do so much that go unnoticed. It will suck for them. Not so much Owen and his band.

Yeh, you're right. It only took them a week to get setup last time...and that was with help from several members of the Bluefield High School football team. You really think they'll help setup this time, considering...

http://bdtonline.com/local/x546488022/Second-Chance-prepares-to-rock-the-two-Virginias-tonight

They also had the luxury of time last time. They could take it easy and take their time. This time, they don't have that luxury, and I'm sure they will have more people to help and have a "balls to the wall" attitude. I have complete confidence they can have it up and ready in 5-6 hours.

I have complete confidence they can have it up and ready in 5-6 hours.

Maybe with a group of professional "roadies", not likely with a group of rag-tag volunteers.

• 5 weeks later...

They just announced on kicks country if you had tickets on the field not in the VIP section to bring your own chair or you could stand that seats would not be provided.

Might be some PO'd people because of this...

Might be some PO'd people because of this...

Can't please everyone. Anyone who has a field ticket that is pissed can trade me for mine. I'll gladly stand closer to the show and they can sit in my seats. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...