Out of state transfer rule

mdotson98

I have a 15 year old nephew who is moving to Hurley and is gonna play football for Hurley. He had already played a game at his high school in NC last Friday, he decided to play last night in his final game with his old school before enrolling at Hurley on Monday. We found out yesterday that upon arriving here VHSL rule states that because he has already played two games in the state on NC that he would have to sit out two game for Hurley once he becomes part of the football team here. Has anyone else heard of this rule?

He should be eligible to play right away... call the school's athletic director...they'll find out for you.

Ask someone from Graham they have been doing it for years. They want to appear above this but they are not. Truth hurts and they want to blame Richlands when they were the first to master this skill. Why hasn't anyone ask about all the recruiting they are doing in Bluefield? People know the truth. How many transfers are on the team this year at Graham? I hope Coach Simon takes a look into this matter and pushes it to the limit. Good luck G-boys!

The Rule is pretty simple... If an out of state transfer moves to Virginia, with a parent or guardian...they are immediately eligible to play sports.

Do you know your own teams schedule? We play you guys on Friday, Sept. 7th at Graham.

sorry for not being perfect if you would look you would see i live in staunton va and i do not have their schedule all i can go on is what i was told tonight at the game that is what i posted but i will struggle to be as perfect as you are in the near future.

Do you know your own teams schedule? We play you guys on Friday, Sept. 7th at Graham.

other than getting dates wrong we do play tazewell next week and rhs the week after that being said i would think someone smarter than me would see next week is the 31st. which is next week.

He should be eligible to play right away... call the school's athletic director...they'll find out for you.

I maybe wrong but would it have anything to do with the 40 quarter rule since he had played 2 games that would leave him with 8 left in the regular season.

I maybe wrong but would it have anything to do with the 40 quarter rule since he had played 2 games that would leave him with 8 left in the regular season.

Possibly... honestly,I'm not familiar with that rule...have to look it up, but you may be correct on that.

Someone wrote a letter to the WVSSAC saying that Cory's family had not moved and that his dad was a coach. Cory moved to the WV side and legal custody was transferred to his grand-dad. The SSAC ruled that the only way that could happen is if the DHHR removed a child from the home which in this case did not. As for his dad being a coach, he is a volunteer not a paid coach. He has a full time job and helps out when he can only as a volunteer.

Who cares what you think? BTW you really gonna call the Blues out? How has that worked for you in the past 10 years? I will tell you 1 win and many blowouts. Be careful what you wish for! :eek:

Actually... In the last ten years there have been wins in 02,05,06, 09(I believe that was the Will Cole Bowl),12 (according to the records that were on the schedules page on here) so If I'm not mistaken that's 5 out of 10 years? Also if you wanted to jump one more year back and look at 01 when we beat bluefield 56-8 (the one touchdown being scored against basically grahams JV team) and only a couple of the last few years have been actual "blowouts". So as you asked "How has that worked for us in the last 10 years" I would have to say pretty good.

Actually... In the last ten years there have been wins in 02,05,06, 09(I believe that was the Will Cole Bowl),12 (according to the records that were on the schedules page on here) so If I'm not mistaken that's 5 out of 10 years? Also if you wanted to jump one more year back and look at 01 when we beat bluefield 56-8 (the one touchdown being scored against basically grahams JV team) and only a couple of the last few years have been actual "blowouts". So as you asked "How has that worked for us in the last 10 years" I would have to say pretty good.

I could be wrong, but I believe littlebluefan is speaking of the recent Richlands-Graham series and not the Graham-Bluefield one.

never heard it called that (I know NC has used tht phrase in the past), but, basically, yeah.

27-11-1 Contest Limitation Rule: No member school may permit its athletes to compete in more than the total number of regular season interscholastic contests, meets or tournaments specified in 54-8-1 of this Handbook for each sport...

And, of course, 54-8-1 says football's linit is 10 (we don't count the Benefit game like NC does).

I could be wrong, but I believe littlebluefan is speaking of the recent Richlands-Graham series and not the Graham-Bluefield one.

Ah, I see that now. For some reason when I seen Blues, I automatically thought Bluefield. BUT, even then in the last 10 years I think there hasn't only been 1 win. Like 02, 03, 07. I think there was one more recent than 07, but again I'm going to say there have been 4 wins in the last 10 years. So again, I think it hold a valid point that it hasn't been pure domination in the last 10 years. Given I will give Richlands credit where credit is due, they are tough. Who can argue the regular season winning streak they have going. But for him to of said only 1 win and who knows how many blowouts... Honestly I don't know the numbers on what the overall record is between Graham and Richlands, I could be mistaken, but I would think we have the overall wins or very close to it.

Looked back at the "Schedule" page from the main screen that has Grahams win/loss from 52-08 and with the exception of a few missing seasons on there the total wins for graham over Richlands is 24 Richlands over Graham 15 With 1952 ending in a tie.... so the overall is Graham 24-15-1. So even if you added 4 wins from the last 4 years in, Graham still holds overall wins.

Edited by Pru

Ah, I see that now. For some reason when I seen Blues, I automatically thought Bluefield. BUT, even then in the last 10 years I think there hasn't only been 1 win. Like 02, 03, 07. I think there was one more recent than 07, but again I'm going to say there have been 4 wins in the last 10 years. So again, I think it hold a valid point that it hasn't been pure domination in the last 10 years. Given I will give Richlands credit where credit is due, they are tough. Who can argue the regular season winning streak they have going. But for him to of said only 1 win and who knows how many blowouts... Honestly I don't know the numbers on what the overall record is between Graham and Richlands, I could be mistaken, but I would think we have the overall wins or very close to it.

Looked back at the "Schedule" page from the main screen that has Grahams win/loss from 52-08 and with the exception of a few missing seasons on there the total wins for graham over Richlands is 24 Richlands over Graham 15 With 1952 ending in a tie.... so the overall is Graham 24-15-1. So even if you added 4 wins from the last 4 years in, Graham still holds overall wins.

Yes...and Graham "dominated" the series for about 15 years prior to about 2003. From then up until present.... Richlands has had a run... I do believe the series will get much more competitive in the very near future.