Union @ Richlands

Nadoball

A Union player came in and hit our QB a little hard when he took the knee, and as any team would do, they pushed the Defensive player off, and the Flag flew. Most of our penalties were legit, but that one was terrible.

Sounds like that should have been offsetting penalties. I was listening online as I do every Friday night, and the last two Richlands games have been filled with penalties. The Blues had better get the penalty problems under control or it will come back to bite them. I do realize some of the penalties called were petty, like the sideline deal for both teams at the beginning. Any official worth his salt would give a warning first. I realize the officials were sending a message that they weren't going to allow it, but a warning almost always is in order before a penalty. That set the tone for the rest of the game IMHO.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a personal blow toward you or anyone else and no whining. Watch the play around the second quarter on unions sideline when the 45 kid makes his hit. He shouldn't even play another down. Game film will be made available tomorrow.you be the judge.

Really.........over one play?

That hit on the sidelines to the union player was dirty i dont care who you are but to me not grounds to kick the player off the team for the rest of the year just a bad decision. Now i seen not once but twice last night as a blues defender was coming in to make a tackle with the facemask up and squared up for a good tackle the runner would lower his head and you would get a helment to helment penalty. I do not understand what else you can do if your doing everything right and the runner drops his head and then you get the flag what else can you do.

Congratulations to Union. Talked to several of the players and fans after the game and trust me they are not at all nothing like frankthetank. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt earlier. Clearly he is not worth it !

I predicted Richlands by twenty, clearly i was wrong. Three turnovers and 150 plus yards of flags will get you a defeat against most teams. We did win though. Very fortunate to do so. Sure

n my opinion Richlands was the better team. I could go into details but they have been stated everywhere on here and according to who you wanted to win very different opinions.

Some are being very hard on our players as very undisciplined. I don't think that's a fair statement. 8 new starters on offense and 7 on defense. There is going to be some ugly play. Then you throw in the tradition of being a physical and hard hitting team, in my opinion they are trying to hard to be just that.

I would rather have this argument than to have one of them being soft. This is just the second game and we are 2 and O. I know they will get better disciplined but when you play very physical football there is a fine line of being physical and penalized . They will get it corrected and be a very good team. Its funny how Richlands gets it no matter how they play. That's OK though because you know we are still winning when people like frankthetank spews off the mouth and doesn't make sense.

To all the great Union football player's, Coach Turner and there loyal fans that were great last night. Good luck on your season because you have a very good football team with a bright future

That hit on the sidelines to the union player was dirty i dont care who you are but to me not grounds to kick the player off the team for the rest of the year just a bad decision.

Poor descision I can buy (we all have made them in the heat of the moment while playing football), but dirty well thats not 45, anyone that knows him will tell you he is a very humble kid. He plays hard and will put your jock strap around your neck if he gets squared up on you, but he gets along with eveyone and is well liked by most. I asked him myself after the game why he hit the kid, and he told me dad you always taught me to play till I heard a whistle, I didn't hear the whistle until I stood up. I know he didn't intentially try hurting anyone, that is not his character, heck I don't think he has ever been in a fight period. So I don't care who you are, unless you know what was going on in the head of the player at the time I don't feel it is fair to catigorize them as "dirty". Just like the last penalty when the kid came across the line while 11 was kneeling, he told me he was protecting his QB, who really can argue with that. I know I would have done the same thing.

I personally loved the game, it was a smash you in the mouth hard fought football game by both teams. Like some others have said I really enjoy a physical football game and Union has nothing to be ashamed of period.

i think it was one of the best games i have watched in a long time. suspense to the end. I think the blues had the better team and without a kicking game was at a disadvantage. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the year and hopefully both have many wins on their side. both are quality football teams.

Poor descision I can buy (we all have made them in the heat of the moment while playing football), but dirty well thats not 45, anyone that knows him will tell you he is a very humble kid. He plays hard and will put your jock strap around your neck if he gets squared up on you, but he gets along with eveyone and is well liked by most. I asked him myself after the game why he hit the kid, and he told me dad you always taught me to play till I heard a whistle, I didn't hear the whistle until I stood up. I know he didn't intentially try hurting anyone, that is not his character, heck I don't think he has ever been in a fight period. So I don't care who you are, unless you know what was going on in the head of the player at the time I don't feel it is fair to catigorize them as "dirty". Just like the last penalty when the kid came across the line while 11 was kneeling, he told me he was protecting his QB, who really can argue with that. I know I would have done the same thing.

I personally loved the game, it was a smash you in the mouth hard fought football game by both teams. Like some others have said I really enjoy a physical football game and Union has nothing to be ashamed of period.

It was nothing against the kid that did the hit i just said the hit was dirty. Ive talked to the young man a couple times and he never came across to me as a guy that wanted to go out there and play dirty it was a heat of the moment thing and that I understand all i said was that it was a dirty hit i would have said it no matter who the player was from any team. The last 15 yarder was not given to the blues because of the fact that the young man pushed the other player back but because the union player has to be in some sort of drama club or something the way he acted after he pushed him the kid jumps in the air and lands on his back. If any of you have seen the jerome simpson play with the bengals were the browns player pushes him and he jumps up in the air like he knocked him out then you will know what the kids acting skills were like lol.