thoughts on week two

vols4life

We looked sharp and IMO could have scored at will but we still don't know how good we are ..Marion will see what they have in the next few games..leb surprised me by beating Grundy..how good is richlands?jury's still out..I still think they are a step off..has gw been tested yet?is rye cove that bad?ahhh,we shall see ..is it Friday yet?

Richlands has the pieces in place to be a really good team. The only problem is the mental mistakes they make. If they don't commit some stupid penalties last night the game isn't even that close in my opinion. We will see how we fair at Mitchell on Friday. Should be a pretty good atmosphere for a high school game.

Richlands has the pieces in place to be a really good team. The only problem is the mental mistakes they make. If they don't commit some stupid penalties last night the game isn't even that close in my opinion. We will see how we fair at Mitchell on Friday. Should be a pretty good atmosphere for a high school game.

I agree. Cut out the penalties and cut out the turnovers and you have a team that is improving. I also agree without the penalties and turnovers the Union game was won by 14 and not 2.

Bullcrap.

Were you even there?? We had a fumble or two in the red zone, and we could have scored, and fumbled after converting a huge 3rd down, that shifted momentum greatly, if we didn't, we would have won by 14. But, we won, and Union is a great team, and they'll do great this year, but the turnovers and the penalties almost killed us. I saw where we racked up 155 yards of penalties... Shew.

Were you even there?? We had a fumble or two in the red zone, and we could have scored, and fumbled after converting a huge 3rd down, that shifted momentum greatly, if we didn't, we would have won by 14. But, we won, and Union is a great team, and they'll do great this year, but the turnovers and the penalties almost killed us. I saw where we racked up 155 yards of penalties... Shew.

Yes, I was there, right up until you guys stopped them on 4th. and four with 40 some seconds left in the game. I just don't think you guys are 2td's better than Union.

Anytime you can pull a win out with 155 yards worth of penalties, you had to do something right. That is tough feat for anyone to come away with a win with that many penalties. Good luck this season... You guys should do just fine

yeah and if a frog had wings it wouldnt bump it's a$$ all the time

Vols,

I had a cousin that went to Marion years ago. John Wilson. He went to Va Tech to play after that. I also have family that played at Holston Reid Barr and Steven Barr, Mike and Emory Bishop. Reid went to play at Austin Peay. I think you said you have family or something from Damascus.

Correct,my uncle was behind Reid a year or so and did hold sum track records..Robert Heath ,and my third cousin is the running back now for them..I got family all over..as much as I hate to admit it ,even sum from atown..from Marion to bristol my family have run the ball for many teams over the years..most played on good teams or were decent as an individual player..I played till I blew my knee out and had one bro who was a beast on defense but got into town politics and lost interest..

for 2 years straight, richlands and union played down to the wire. last year richlands won 24-22. this year, the blues won 32-30. to me thats what make football in SWVA awesome. this is just me, but i like it when 2 programs duke it out down to the last seconds to see who is the better team.

Correct,my uncle was behind Reid a year or so and did hold sum track records..Robert Heath ,and my third cousin is the running back now for them..I got family all over..as much as I hate to admit it ,even sum from atown..from Marion to bristol my family have run the ball for many teams over the years..most played on good teams or were decent as an individual player..I played till I blew my knee out and had one bro who was a beast on defense but got into town politics and lost interest..

I was lucky to avoid the politics when I played although ABingdon, like MANY other schools across the country are plagued with politics. It is too bad it is that, but it is what it is unfortunately