Hokies pull one out in OT!

tjhokies

Hokies win, and no one is talking about it? UMMM...

Now if tech would have not completed that 4th and 4, to keep the game alive or would have missed the FG, or would have layed an egg in OT, I'm guessing all i would read on here is how the Chokies fell again. Or the criminal PK, lost the game, or Stinespring is the worst OC in football.

Well i'm proud of Tech last night, they showed alot of character when it looked as if they were no hope. Logan Thomas was off on alot of his throws last night, but connected late when he needed it the most. Journell showed alot of character and guts after missing the first FG. I think the RB's showed some promise. The Defense looked like we all thought it would. Brian Stinespring, well, lets just say Tech won and go to next week.

Has anyone heard the extent of DJ Coles and Marcus Davis' injuries yet?

All in all, it was nice to escape with a win. VT has some work to do though before they're to the point they want to be. I thought LT would have managed the game a little better than he did. Too many missed throws, way too many.

And can we get our freshman punter a pair of those sticky receiver gloves please? As long as he catches the ball, he's a pretty nice punter. Controlled his kicks well yesterday.

VT ALWAYS HAS WORK TO DO BEFORE THEY'RE TO THE POINT THEY WANT TO BE. Stiney always has the same excuses "They threw a few new defensive sets at us we weren't prepared for." Does that not happen to every football team in college football every week? Are VT's opponents only changing alignments or throwing new plays in when they play VT?? Hell I counted four plays each in the second & third quarter where GT's defense adjusted pre snap and either guessed or new where the ball was going and blew the play up. One play in the third had Logan with two wide outs to his right and he points at them for an adjustment to a screen toss. As soon as he points at them the two defenders covering them move up one full step so their about a yard off the wide outs. Logan throws the ball to one of those wide outs and the two defenders blow the play up for a loss.

I though O'Cain called his worst game in his VT career. Damn lucky to come out of there with a win they way the defense was ONCE AGAIN left out to dry for almost three quarters.

I bet my girlfriend and my dad $50 that for the rest of the season, GT will allow on average well over 100 yards rushing to the rest of their opponents and probably over 400 yards of total offense.

Coles should be back for Austin Peay if needed and I haven't heard about Davis yet.

Edited by bhs7695

Blame the OC or the playcalling but Thomas missed some throws and the recievers dropped some passes. Everybody that is around college football will tell you that Paul Johnson has his most talented team he has ever had at GT. Plus when you throw in the 3-4 it can get a little confusing. Yes that was some bad reads by Thomas throwing screen passes with the corners playing press coverage but everybody thinks the Hokies should have beaten Georgia Tech by 2 and 3 touchdowns. Maybe just maybe Georgia Tech was a little bit better than what everybody thought. That's just my two cents.

everybody thinks the Hokies should have beaten Georgia Tech by 2 and 3 touchdowns.

Maybe everybody is wrong...

Maybe just maybe Georgia Tech was a little bit better than what everybody thought. That's just my two cents.

Maybe VT isn't as good as everybody thinks they should be...

I'll still stick with my 7-5 prediction...

VT should have lost that game, actually the deserved to lose, but GT made a few mistakes late and VT never quit. Good job on the win, but they need to get thomas on track, his rec. needed to be about 6'8" in that game to catch anything.

Some of my GT friends are complaining that Journell didn't have his mouthpiece in for either (1) the kick that sent the game to overtime, or (2) the game-winning kick. Both of which are penalties that the NCAA has been focusing on in the last year.

It's food for thought, especially since a miss by Journell at the end of regulation would've lost the game.

2 things about the Journell no mouthpiece deal. 1 I dont think there has been a huge measure taken by collegiate officials to enforce the proper equipment rule when it comes to mouthpieces. Being a TN fan, Tyler Bray keeps a mouthpiece on the side of his helmet the whole game.

That said, 2, maybe its a backup in case one gets lost and they do have a mouthpiece in also. But I did go pull images, and Journell definitely didnt have the mouthpiece in, and I doubt Bray does either.

After watching last nights game it is laughable that anyone would even consider drafting Logan Thomas in the first 3 rounds let alone the top half of the 1st.

His playing style reminds me of Tebow at Florida, except, listen closely Tebow haters cause you may never hear this again, he needs to develop Tebow's accuracy. I enjoyed sayin that....

His playing style reminds me of Tebow at Florida, except, listen closely Tebow haters cause you may never hear this again, he needs to develop Tebow's accuracy. I enjoyed sayin that....

No, he needs to throw at least as accurately as he did last season. If I remember correctly, he was right at 50% this game, and finished close to 60% last year. That's gotta change. And soon.

I've never agreed with the Logan Thomas to Cam Newton comparisons a lot of people on the ESPNs have said. The only similarities they have is size. LT looked like he forgot how to throw a football with half of those missed passes. BUT he made them when they counted. Those 2 TDs were absolutely beautiful passes and 0 INT is always a good stat.

As far as Stiney goes, there is one thing I love about him year in and year out. He is very consistent. The bad thing for us Hokies is he is just consistently sucky every year.

no, he needs to throw at least as accurately as he did last season. If i remember correctly, he was right at 50% this game, and finished close to 60% last year. That's gotta change. And soon.

21-38, 55%...9-12, 75%, in the 4Q and OT...

That's still not a good completion percentage...until the 4th quarter and OT.

I know Hokies don't want to hear it, but a bad completion percentage doesn't reflect well on a QB...

I couldn't find it, but do we know his completion percentage at different distances? It seems like he bounced or sailed too many passes in the 5 yard - 15 yard range. And that's unacceptable for someone who looked pretty strong passing the ball in games past.

I couldn't find it, but do we know his completion percentage at different distances? It seems like he bounced or sailed too many passes in the 5 yard - 15 yard range. And that's unacceptable for someone who looked pretty strong passing the ball in games past.

I would think that a VT pay site may have someone who'd break that down.

As for me, not sure.

Big loss for the Hokies? Just saw this on twitter:

@HokiesJournal: #Hokies starting WR DJ Coles will likely miss rest of season after suffering a knee injury vs GT.

Yep, not good.

That's still not a good completion percentage...until the 4th quarter and OT.

I know Hokies don't want to hear it, but a bad completion percentage doesn't reflect well on a QB...

Maybe not, but a WIN does...