NFLPA calls on owners to end ref lockout

ThomasDenton

True, but considering everything this isn't their fault. If you're starting qb gets hurt you're not gonna put in a 120 pound freshman and expect to win a state championship. You just gotta hope he manages the game until you get the starter back. Same principle.

The refs in that Ravens/Pats game were just terrible. And Mr. Hoodie is losing a pretty penny this week. Maybe even a suspension? You Never touch a ref.

He had every right to punch the ref for as bad as that crew was...I'm sure the New England fans will gladly chip in to help pay the fine...

I watched the Saints-Cheifs game and that bunch overturned four or five calls on the field using replay. I don't know that I've ever seen that many reversed calls in one game.

Were these replacement refs even doing college games before this???

Wouldn't it be great if the players went on strike until the real refs came back...

One things for certain, I won't watch another NFL game until the scabs are gone.

This.

I feel terrible for the players and, yes, even the replacement refs. Call or no call, missed review or not, these guys know that they aren't qualified to referee at this level and will probably admit that they have no business on an NFL field. D-III and NIAA is literally a step above a high school ref, am I right?

The blame is to be placed solely on Roger Goodell's shoulders. He is taking a great product and making a mockery of it by cutting corners.

Wouldn't it be great if the players went on strike until the real refs came back...

One things for certain, I won't watch another NFL game until the scabs are gone.

I read somewhere (might be in the article I posted) that the players can't officially strike because it's not in their bargaining agreement or something. But they can refuse to play if they believe that poor officiating is leading to an unsafe playing environment. Though, to have that be effective, I'd think that you'd have to have a lot of players (and a lot of big names and starters) to refuse to play, or else they'll just find any old replacements and keep it going. So long as they're still making that money, this won't end anytime soon.

This is hilarious, I liken the NFL with the scabs to playing cards with a five year old kid. You don't know what the rules are from one play to the next.

I'm going to keep watching just for the schadenfreude!!!

I read somewhere (might be in the article I posted) that the players can't officially strike because it's not in their bargaining agreement or something. But they can refuse to play if they believe that poor officiating is leading to an unsafe playing environment. Though, to have that be effective, I'd think that you'd have to have a lot of players (and a lot of big names and starters) to refuse to play, or else they'll just find any old replacements and keep it going. So long as they're still making that money, this won't end anytime soon.

If the NFLPA says "we aren't playing", none of the players will play...

If the NFLPA says "we aren't playing", none of the players will play...

If that's what it'll take, then I hope it happens before these guys have to officiate a playoff game or championship........or (dare I say it) THE SUPER BOWL!