Honaker at Richlands

Ryan4VT

Big, big game. Co-Game of the Week. Honaker is 5-0 and #1 in A div. 1 West. Richlands is 4-1, and is playing at home. Very underrated rivalry. Talked to a few players from both sides this weekend and they are ready.

I rode with BlueRazor to Patrick Co. on Friday, and went to Honaker on Saturday. With all that said, I see this game being much like last year. Honaker will keep it decently close until late in the 3rd, then the conditioning and depth of Richlands will take over. I also believe Mance knows Honakers very few weaknesses and will exploit them.

Gonna be a great game.

Debate.

Edited by Ryan4VT

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what Ryan said. He is as usual very fair and spot on. I think the Blues are finally going to get it all together this week. Most if not all the boys will be back and healthy for the first time in three weeks.

I just think the Blues are faster and much more physical than Honaker. My opinion is Richlands by three scores. If the Blues cut out the turnovers like last week they are very capable of putting a bunch of points on the board. I fully expect that Friday night at Ernie Hicks.

Cant hardly wait! Trust me on this point: the boys are much more excited about this game than any on our schedule. They will be ready to play and I know Honaker will be to. Good luck to both teams. Ryan said it right, it is a underrated rivalry. I cant believe how anxious the Blues are for this one.

I agree with most of what Ryan said. He is as usual very fair and spot on. I think the Blues are finally going to get it all together this week. Most if not all the boys will be back and healthy for the first time in three weeks.

I just think the Blues are faster and much more physical than Honaker. My opinion is Richlands by three scores. If the Blues cut out the turnovers like last week they are very capable of putting a bunch of points on the board. I fully expect that Friday night at Ernie Hicks.

Cant hardly wait! Trust me on this point: the boys are much more excited about this game than any on our schedule. They will be ready to play and I know Honaker will be to. Good luck to both teams. Ryan said it right, it is a underrated rivalry. I cant believe how anxious the Blues are for this one.

RHS has a speed advantage. A MAJOR speed advantage. I also think our O line outsizes them. When it all ones down to it, I'm seeing a 42-17ish type game.

I find myself rooting for the BDD team. If Richlands comes out and has alot of penalties itcould be a close game and if its a close game then who knows what could happen but im gonna say

Richlands by 3 TDs(hope im wrong)

Here we have a very potent D3 school at home against a very good D1 school. The words "very potent D3 school" and "very good D1 school" should stand out. Honaker simply does not have the guns to run with the Blues. Honaker does have the guns to run with any other similar sized school but Richlands is NOT in this category. Should have a great fan atmosphere for maybe two quarters but then it is ALL Richlands. Honaker will pride themselves on their performance but will head back to the bus singing the blues! Too much size disparity in this one.

Richlands 32

Honaker 18

Honaker is a middle of the road team. Played a very weak schedule up to this point, I may be wrong but have they played any team with a wining record?

Blues should win this game even with turnovers and penalties!!!!! They have accomplished this feat 3 times already. They need to learn to play a better game or the post season could be short.

Tell like it is and leave out all of the smoke and mirrors that Honaker is going to go in to Ernie Hicks and somehow find the one four leaf clover left on the turf and upset the Blues.

I agree with the Clintwood Greenwave remark.......that would be a great game to watch.

This week Richlands gives Honaker a pinch and wakes them up from their dream!!!!

I for one thinks Richlands should play a stronger schedule.....they need to pick up a game from one of those East Tenn. schools.

Honaker is a middle of the road team. Played a very weak schedule up to this point, I may be wrong but have they played any team with a wining record?

Blues should win this game even with turnovers and penalties!!!!! They have accomplished this feat 3 times already. They need to learn to play a better game or the post season could be short.

Tell like it is and leave out all of the smoke and mirrors that Honaker is going to go in to Ernie Hicks and somehow find the one four leaf clover left on the turf and upset the Blues.

I agree with the Clintwood Greenwave remark.......that would be a great game to watch.

This week Richlands gives Honaker a pinch and wakes them up from their dream!!!!

I for one thinks Richlands should play a stronger schedule.....they need to pick up a game from one of those East Tenn. schools.

They won't play us. We've tried. No one will play us. Christiansburg, Blacksburg, Tenn. High, Dobbyns-Bennet (spelling?), Clintwood, etc. No one will play us.

Next year is going to be tough. Only 4 teams in district = 7 non district games to schedule. So that gives us Tazewell, Abingdon, and Lebanon next year. Graham and Gate City will return. And from my understanding Union has 1 year left. So that leaves us with 4 games to schedule. Pulaski doesn't have any room left. Patrick isn't worth it. Marion has said they most likely won't be picking us back up. And I don't see us continuing the drive to Carroll.

Edited by Ryan4VT

They won't play us. We've tried. No one will play us. Christiansburg, Blacksburg, Tenn. High, Dobbyns-Bennet (spelling?), Clintwood, etc. No one will play us.

Next year is going to be tough. Only 4 teams in district = 7 non district games to schedule. So that gives us Tazewell, Abingdon, and Lebanon next year. Graham and Gate City will return. And from my understanding Union has 1 year left. So that leaves us with 4 games to schedule. Pulaski doesn't have any room left. Patrick isn't worth it. Marion has said they most likely won't be picking us back up. And I don't see us continuing the drive to Carroll.

Marion is tired of losing by 30+ every year to the blues

What happened with the Bluefield, WV scenario? They always seem to be searching for someone to play as well. Was the scheduling of Patrick County a one or two year deal?

With both schools facing scheduling issues, Richlands/Bluefield looks like a perfect fit.

Wonder why it hasnt happened?

It has happened before but several years ago. I think it was only a two year deal. I do remember Bluefiled defeating Richlands on a last second field goal. That was in 2007 when Graham ended the initial long standing regular season streak for the Blues. I just remember Richlands losing to both Bluefield schools that year. Unfortunately, I do not know what happened the next year ... or even if they actually played. Someone on here will be able to help us out on this one.

However, with Bluefield dropping both Charlotte, NC schools next year it seems that it could now become a possibility. I must admit that it would be a great game and certainly help with Richlands' regular season credentials. The game would once again feature two outstanding programs both with a large fan base. I would certainly make the drive up to see that one.

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Clintwood has and would again. They'd much rather have gone to Richlands for a game than to BFE Grayson, BFE KY, or some of the schools in TN they've had to get. Lots of things have to match up to get a meeting.