FB Updates 10.05

HurricaneWarning

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn. What happened? Is Grayson really that much better?

Graham looked totally out of synch.... Couldn't stop a simple trap play. They had success rolling Sheets out early and went away from it... but Grayson's big line allowed them to run the ball and control the clock...Graham's defense didn't get enough stops.

Grayson has a good team, but I think Graham didn't show up for this one like they should've...

To me Grayson looked so much faster than Graham. Grayson was very well coached also. It didn't seem like they were hardly ever out of position on defense. Graham played hard and never quit. I just think they were a little outmatched today.

Hope the G-Men can forget this one and get ready for Galax.

To me Grayson looked so much faster than Graham. Grayson was very well coached also. It didn't seem like they were hardly ever out of position on defense. Graham played hard and never quit. I just think they were a little outmatched today.

Hope the G-Men can forget this one and get ready for Galax.

I agree with the team speed of Grayson, they were surprisingly fast.

Regardless of this minor setback as an outsider looking at the G-Men program has made HUGE strides in just one year

No doubt that Graham has improved 200% from the past several years. Even better is that we have been having undefeated middle school teams, so the future is looking really good for the G-Men!

No doubt that Graham has improved 200% from the past several years. Even better is that we have been having undefeated middle school teams, so the future is looking really good for the G-Men!

I agree! However, based on Saturday's game I do not expect Graham to finish any better than 6-4 for the regular season. Finishing 7-3 would be a real surprise to me and hopefully it will happen. Whether they finish 6-4 or 7-3, either one is a huge improvement from years past. A fourth place finish in the MED still should get the G-men into the playoffs; however, I now expect them to be on the road for the first round.

I was at Fort Chiswell Friday night and what a game! Not quite as good as Graham-Bluefield but I am little partial! LOL! Anyway, just when I thought Galax had it wrapped up ... BOOM ... Fort Chiswell ignited! The folks from Galax were in shock and the folks from Fort Chiswell are most likely still celebrating ... as they should be.

It will be an interesting finish in the MED in the coming weeks. To be honest, if Grayson continues to play like they did against Graham, I do not think any district opponent can stop them. Well coached, very physical, very fast, and very talented! Just my two cents worth!

I agree! However, based on Saturday's game I do not expect Graham to finish any better than 6-4 for the regular season. Finishing 7-3 would be a real surprise to me and hopefully it will happen. Whether they finish 6-4 or 7-3, either one is a huge improvement from years past. A fourth place finish in the MED still should get the G-men into the playoffs; however, I now expect them to be on the road for the first round.

I was at Fort Chiswell Friday night and what a game! Not quite as good as Graham-Bluefield but I am little partial! LOL! Anyway, just when I thought Galax had it wrapped up ... BOOM ... Fort Chiswell ignited! The folks from Galax were in shock and the folks from Fort Chiswell are most likely still celebrating ... as they should be.

It will be an interesting finish in the MED in the coming weeks. To be honest, if Grayson continues to play like they did against Graham, I do not think any district opponent can stop them. Well coached, very physical, very fast, and very talented! Just my two cents worth!

I was suprised at their speed, when Graham did get some space to run in, they closed it very quickly.... Very well coached, also... They saw what was working and stuck with it...and Graham couldn't adjust and stop it...what can you say, Graham is still quite youthful and will benefit from this and will only get better from playing such quality district teams.

Side note: I tried to let people know that dropping to single A would actually be a step up in competiton...before they changed districts... maybe people will actually see what I meant now...

I'll take playing 3 quality district opponents every season as opposed to 1...sometimes 2...

anyday.

I was suprised at their speed, when Graham did get some space to run in, they closed it very quickly.... Very well coached, also... They saw what was working and stuck with it...and Graham couldn't adjust and stop it...what can you say, Graham is still quite youthful and will benefit from this and will only get better from playing such quality district teams.

Side note: I tried to let people know that dropping to single A would actually be a step up in competiton...before they changed districts... maybe people will actually see what I meant now...

I'll take playing 3 quality district opponents every season as opposed to 1...sometimes 2...

anyday.

I agree 100%!!