ratings & standings & news... OH MY!

VHSLhelper

Looking at realistic wins and losses, GW and Clintwood both winning out of course. GW will re-take the top spot. Will figure for Honaker after todays game if they win.

W/L points will make it close...probably won't know for sure until the last games are played.

THAT sure didn't last long

I'm fine with that. Honaker won't last too long anyway. I just hope Clintwood can somewhow stay ahead of GW. I'm no points expert but seems doubtful that that will happen. Hard to believe that if Clintwood and GW win out that GC could be what drags Clintwood down.

when you are working on the "who needs what" to get in...see if you can figure out a way for Grundy to weasel in lol.

Sorry man, don't see it happening. ;)

I've got to tell you, I was shocked when you guys came out last night, Lance. I played in the early 90's and basically every kid you guys had was in that 6'-6'4" 195-240lb range. They are so small now and you have no numbers (looked like 24). It's amazing what has happened over there in the past decade and a half or so. Grundy was never the best team ever or anything but they'd knock your block off and leave you plenty sore. Not like that anymore.

Sorry man, don't see it happening. ;)

I've got to tell you, I was shocked when you guys came out last night, Lance. I played in the early 90's and basically every kid you guys had was in that 6'-6'4" 195-240lb range. They are so small now and you have no numbers (looked like 24). It's amazing what has happened over there in the past decade and a half or so. Grundy was never the best team ever or anything but they'd knock your block off and leave you plenty sore. Not like that anymore.

the 2004 team was the last "contender" that Grundy had...they have some good kids this year and had a good group last year, but injuries have killed us. We lost 3 more last night.

Winning starts in the weight room...and until they get some kids that want to work for it, it's not going to just fall out of the sky. They have some great coaches and an awesome field house full of equipment, but it doesn't get used enough. At some point it boils down to the kids have to want it and earn it.

That being said, i'd like to see them get a playoff game and sneak in...just for the experience.

They are only 6 points away from the 16th slot, and they will get a lot of points from the Honaker game next week either way...and if they can beat Mt View then they might make it...they are defiantly not out of it yet or after next week...it will come down to that Mt View game and what happens with other teams that are in the lower slots over the next two weeks.

Winning starts in the weight room...and until they get some kids that want to work for it, it's not going to just fall out of the sky. They have an awesome field house full of equipment, but it doesn't get used enough. At some point it boils down to the kids have to want it and earn it.

That being said, i'd like to see them get a playoff game and sneak in...just for the experience.

That first paragraph is what it looked like physically. No doubt that a playoff game helps. Kids realize how much different it is in the playoffs compared to sitting home after week 10. It'd benefit them a lot if they care at all.

If Graham wins against Fort Chiswell Friday, can they out point Wilson Memorial for the #1 seed in div 2 west?

It appears that IF Graham can upset Fort Chiswell and then defeat Narrows, the G-Men and Wilson Memorial would be as close as a razor's edge in the power point tally. One can only hope that the scenario pans out with the G-Men winning their final two games. Then, we would just have to sit back and wait for the final tally of points.

This past weekend, everything happened that needed to happen for Graham. In addition to the G-Men winning big over Bland County, Fort Chiswell defeated Grayson County AND John Battle suffered its first defeat. Tazewell even "helped out" by winning their first game as did Bluefield in rallying to squeak past Oak Hill. Thanks to you both! LOL!

As a Graham fan, I hope that all the opponents that we have DEFEATED win their final games as well. A "bonus push" for GHS would include Galax defeating Grayson County and Bluefield defeating Wayne as the season ends. Graham can control their own destiny (seeding) by simply winning out the remaining two games. If they do so, the G-Men most likely would be at least the #2 seed in D2-West. This would guarantee the comforts of home at Mitchell Stadium as the playoffs begin and as long as Graham continues to win!

If you are a Graham fan keep your fingers crossed on this one. However, one thing is for sure ... Graham MUST defeat Fort Chiswell! If so, the pieces to the pairings puzzle will fit nicely. Can they do it? You better believe it. Go G-Men!

Edited by starcityfootballfan

If Dan River wins their last 2-they would probably edge out Graham and Wilson if Graham wins out. Fort Chiswell wins out and they will be hard to pass even for Dan River.

And what is the chance of that happening? Seems like a tall order to win both for Dan River as they play Altavista and Gretna. Both very good teams.