d3 region 4 top five

ba961

1 Richlands

2 tunstall

3 cave springs 15.8

4 Abingdon 15.6

5 Marion 15.1

Something like that on the exact points looks like winner of Marion Abingdon will be for fourth place winner gets richlands yeah

like it really matters who is going to play richlands in that region

If we don't start playing better it might ! We should be able to win the region, but they have got to start playing a little more consistent and we need to get healthy also, but the health issue is something all teams have to deal with this time of the year.

I'm sure Mance and co will get them were they will need to be come playoff time.....at least I am praying they will....lol

1 Richlands

2 tunstall

3 cave springs 15.8

4 Abingdon 15.6

5 Marion 15.1

Something like that on the exact points looks like winner of Marion Abingdon will be for fourth place winner gets richlands yeah

I may be wrong but dont the top 6 make it into regional playoffs with the top two seeds getting a bye in the first round or have they changed it for this year?

I would expect Cave Spring to fall in the standing.

They will be underdogs in all remaining games except vs Blacksburg.

In the end I expect they will get past Marion and Abingdon and find themselves in the Region Finals with Richlands again.

Kinda sad though if a 3-7 team gets to the finals.

Guest king kone
If we don't start playing better it might ! We should be able to win the region, but they have got to start playing a little more consistent and we need to get healthy also, but the health issue is something all teams have to deal with this time of the year.

I'm sure Mance and co will get them were they will need to be come playoff time.....at least I am praying they will....lol

Injury bug is making it's rounds....

The championship of Region IV might not matter that much in the cosmic scheme of things. Defending state champ Brookville looks positively nasty this season.

I'll double that, Positively Nasty!

This Brookville team is very beatable.

I have seen them 2x this year. They are doing what any good AA team would do to their schedule.

Don't be surprised if Amherst gives them a game and Heritage beats them.

I expect either Rockbridge or Northside to be physical enough to beat a finesse team like Brookville.

I have seen them 2x this year. They are doing what any good AA team would do to their schedule.

I expect either Rockbridge or Northside to be physical enough to beat a finesse team like Brookville.

Brookville defeated Northside in the opening week of play. As a "Viking friend" said to me the following day ... "it was not pretty." A rematch in the playoffs would be interesting to see. I think the score would be much closer the second time around but with the same result. Heritage may be able to keep up with the Bees; however, Amherst and Rockbridge will not!

Edited by starcityfootballfan

Anything can happen on any given day, but "beatable" isn't an adjective I'd use to describe Brookville -- particularly as compared to their likely playoff competition within the western half of Division 3. (Which was the intended context of my post.)

Rockbridge and Northside may both have opportunities to prove me wrong.

funny and true!

I still chuckle when I think of last year. Preseason, now, I had predicted James Monroe to defeat Richlands very handily in the state championship. People got a bad case of the "pissed off" about that one. I said: "Look, unless James Monroe loses the turnover margin by 4 or something ridiculous like that, they'll be your state champs." More crotchety behavior, about how Richlands could compete with any team in Virginia (LOLwrong), etc.

Well, Richlands gets upset in Region IV finals by Cave Spring, who then loses to Brookville. James Monroe rolls through the state semis like the '86 Bears. Again, I pick James Monroe, barring some lopsided turnover margin like -4 or -5. A great many people here retort by annointing Brookville as Super Bowl XLV Champions. I tell them that we shall see.

What happens? James Monroe has a -3 turnover margin and loses by a whopping 2 points. Completely validates everything I said, which was "James Monroe is the overwhelming favorite unless they lose the turnover margin badly". Exactly the way it played out...

People who'd argued with me throughout the year acted like they'd won Mega Millions while having pleasanties with Sofia Vergara. Not too dissimilar from the reaction to my legitimately botched UVA/VT prediction from last year.

You see the irony, I'm sure. Which led me to my original post in agreement with BBA. Region IV is doomed in the semis, and Richlands or Tunstall fans best realize now that there's going to be a reckoning on the first Saturday in December.

Brookville defeated Northside in the opening week of play. As a "Viking friend" said to me the following day ... "it was not pretty." A rematch in the playoffs would be interesting to see. I think the score would be much closer the second time around but with the same result. Heritage may be able to keep up with the Bees; however, Amherst and Rockbridge will not!

Northside and Brookville have not played this year.

Brookville opened with winless Martinsville then played a horrible Turner Ashby team.

They have also played William Byrd, DI William Campbell, EC Glass and Liberty.

The only recent playoff team they have played is Jefferson Forest.

Thus far Brookville has fed from the bottom of the schedule ocean.

They will get a test from Amherst and will lose to Heritage.

I have all the respect in the world for Brookville but I am not willing to crown them until beat a decent team.

Northside and Brookville have not played this year.

Brookville opened with winless Martinsville then played a horrible Turner Ashby team.

They have also played William Byrd, DI William Campbell, EC Glass and Liberty.

The only recent playoff team they have played is Jefferson Forest.

Thus far Brookville has fed from the bottom of the schedule ocean.

They will get a test from Amherst and will lose to Heritage.

I have all the respect in the world for Brookville but I am not willing to crown them until beat a decent team.

you should have deez in the middle of your name haha just sayin

Sorry bout the number mix up but I think it will the blues and bees I have only seen tape on them I think they are small and I think our d will feast on their qb if we do not put pressure on him it will be a long day. But the blues have to get there first but should have a home field ride to get to them I'm going up to watch them in two weeks then I will make a prediction but from just tape I think the blues bye 10 no joke they love to throw but can not defend the pass well and yes they have had a easy schedule so far